Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 13:23   #706
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
42 minutes and all booked. Never once asked for my "unique code" mind! Was told I wasn't allowd to keep my V-HD, have to keep the V+ which surely cannot be correct!? I don't need to record upstairs and would rather have a fast reliable box than one that crashes every 2 minutes to be honest.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

You are dead right. Well worth upgrading!
That can be a normal wait time on Sky

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It's better than waiting (for 'the' email).
Agreed
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 13:26   #707
richardc1983
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo XL & V+, 30MB Cable Broadband & Phone
richardc1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I agree with perfect choice.

But do we do as richardc1983 did? If people are bypassing the arranged system but we're sat here following the rules, we're the ones that loose out with potentially far off install dates.

Surely, VM have set out a procedure and they should enforce it?
Everyone is going to get an email at some point today or coming days so the original email said the 11th so I would just ring today! THey are taking orders as long as your pre reg. Your not cheating the system this way.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:26   #708
pauldavies83
Inactive

pauldavies83 is on a distinguished roadpauldavies83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Not if you're a VIP, as the £3 gets waived as I understood it
But surely it would get waived whichever of the two boxes you take, as the £3 is a service charge for the TiVo features, not the box.

Tthe £149.95 / £49.95 is your "Upfront rental charge" for the box itself. Which is what the OP should have been comparing. Monthly service fees will vary between customers (VIP, non-VIP and any other category of offer VM may decide to make available)
Old 11-04-2011, 13:27   #709
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Call lasted 7min, got an install for this Friday didn't ask for my code.

I can now go back to leading an (almost) normal life without having to check my email every 10 seconds.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:27   #710
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Seems I was not the only one getting a sales person who seemed to have no clue about the email or options/pricing etc.

I suppose it was bound to happen with the first few but hopefully by the times it gets to tomorrow these guys will have had a day of us giving them grief they will know all about it.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:27   #711
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc1983 View Post
Everyone is going to get an email at some point today or coming days so the original email said the 11th so I would just ring today! THey are taking orders as long as your pre reg. Your not cheating the system this way.
You may not be cheating 'the system' but you may well be upsetting any plans Virgin Media put in place for the number of calls they should expect today. You and other selfish people may be part of the reason for the poor service received by many people trying to (correctly) order TiVo today.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:30   #712
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies83 View Post
But surely it would get waived whichever of the two boxes you take, as the £3 is a service charge for the TiVo features, not the box.
Possibly. Then again, with the changes to expectations with the 1TB model and this launch and the £3 and £40 waived... who knows.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:31   #713
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It's better than waiting (for 'the' email).
I am hoping this is the first day or week rush and that the email will come soon and the lines will be less busy after a while!

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You may not be cheating 'the system' but you may well be upsetting any plans Virgin Media put in place for the number of calls they should expect today. You and other selfish people may be part of the reason for the poor service received by many people trying to (correctly) order TiVo today.
This does sound like a valid view Robbo.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:34   #714
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Weres DF gone labelling them up in the warehouse ?
Old 11-04-2011, 13:37   #715
herby247
Inactive

herby247 is infamous around these partsherby247 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Tough if i upset VM's plans, they have had me hanging on since DEC 2010 and upsetting MY plans i had for a tivo box LONG before April 2011!
CALL THEM!
Old 11-04-2011, 13:38   #716
Br41ns
Inactive

Services: VM VIP 50 with TIVO
Br41ns is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried ordering 3 times today and had nothing but incompitance, i was told
I would loose my VIP50 discount if i took Tivo, absolute
joke, will try again in hope i get a date 4th time lucky
Old 11-04-2011, 13:38   #717
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Ah blow the rest of you me me me. Sigh how depressing.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:38   #718
LoveFibre
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV and M Telephone
LoveFibre is an unknown quantity at this point

As I have not been getting the mails for Tivo, since before the Dear Dean (even though I pre-registered)

I googled for the number and after alot of being on hold now have a install date for Wednesday.

No code asked for....

Shame about the 500GB box being so cheap considering the price of Hard Drives (bought 2TB for £60 the other day) and that being the only difference between the boxes.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:40   #719
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
He has been called in to take calls?
Old 11-04-2011, 13:40   #720
herby247
Inactive

herby247 is infamous around these partsherby247 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
EXACTLY he's always about telling us we should be getting x y z on a set date or this will happen!
Then when it doesn't materialise he's nowhere to be seen!
As usual its another EPIC FAIL in the on going saga that is VM trying to launch a product and do it FAIRLY and CORRECTLY!
Still no email!
So poor!
Closed Thread