Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 14:02   #736
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Just off the phone after 15 minutes on hold. The call centre seemed confused because I wanted to keep the boxes I have and not just swap one for TiVo. I have been informed I need to pay another £6.50 per month as an additional box charge and am waiting for a call re install.

Does this charge sound right? I presently am VIP50 with a V+ and 2 other boxes.

Cheers
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 14:03   #737
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Few things to point out here:
  1. He's more than likely working.
  2. He posts on here of his own bat, he's not paid to do it and doesn't owe us anything (we owe him).
  3. Emails have started going out just like he said they would.
  4. Grow up.
Very valid point and well said , I've had my little disagreements occasionly but he does take time to help.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:04   #738
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssDee View Post
Just off the phone after 15 minutes on hold. The call centre seemed confused because I wanted to keep the boxes I have and not just swap one for TiVo. I have been informed I need to pay another £6.50 per month as an additional box charge and am waiting for a call re install.

Cheers
Yes £6.50 a month is the standard charge if you have "multiroom" i.e. more than one box in a household with their own feed (in your case an extra box on top of your VIP boxes).
Old 11-04-2011, 14:06   #739
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssDee View Post

Cheers
yes sure thats right
Old 11-04-2011, 14:08   #740
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Hear Hear
If it wasn't for DF we would have not known about the VIP50 deal
NO activation fee
NO Monthly sub

That makes a saving in year 1 of £ 76.00
Well done DF
and well done Virgin for listening
Spot on.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Anyway DF has pointed out that you have to register in April to get the special offer. This is only day one and some patience is called for.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:08   #741
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
did you get the email?
I'll hold my hands up and say no, still waiting for it to arrive. But just rang the sales number and said I was pre-registered. They checked my account to confirm this though which is why I had a quick install date. Sorry 4 months is too long to wait, I could not control myself any longer and just had to ring for my own sanity!!.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:09   #742
herby247
Inactive

herby247 is infamous around these partsherby247 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Spot on.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Anyway DF has pointed out that you have to register in April to get the special offer. This is only day one and some patience is called for.
Yeh GREAT!
Old 11-04-2011, 14:11   #743
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
DF, any idea how the batches are being worked?
They'll be staggered no doubt to avoid long call Q's for those that need to contact sales.

Emails are from today and over the next couple of days.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:11   #744
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Blizzard, Dave42

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated

Cheers
Old 11-04-2011, 14:13   #745
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Got it!!!!

When I called the special number I spoke to a lady from Eastern Europe who was very friendly but seemed to be desperately in need of some training. She tried to charge me for keeping my two V+ boxes. When I told her to forget the Tivo (brave man me) she went off for 15 minutes while I held on listening to some garbled information about what seemed to be advertising "Talk Talk", very strange. When she eventually returned it was to apologise for the delay and to tell me I can keep the two V+ boxes free of charge. I am using the Tivo to replace a Samsung V HD box.

Installation on Friday morning April 15th.

Thanks to DF for the information and despite earlier comments on this forum he was spot on with his predictions. As he stated they have sent out emails beginning April 11th.

Three Cheers for DF!
Old 11-04-2011, 14:14   #746
herby247
Inactive

herby247 is infamous around these partsherby247 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
I'll hold my hands up and say no, still waiting for it to arrive. But just rang the sales number and said I was pre-registered. They checked my account to confirm this though which is why I had a quick install date. Sorry 4 months is too long to wait, I could not control myself any longer and just had to ring for my own sanity!!.
BOTH times i rang sales, they didn't even know what a tivo box was, the guy asked me if i was saying "cable" box!
Needless to say the numbers that i did get luck with were just saying wait for the email, so either people on here are LYING or there is a a total farce of an ordering system in place thats letting people NOT entitled to order it without a code order anyway!
I am swaying towards the latter!
Old 11-04-2011, 14:16   #747
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

How dare you accuse people of lying with no evidence. You really do take the cake.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:20   #748
cwj2008
Inactive

cwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
indeed, it's just some will call anyway
DF i wonder if you can advise me on what the price should be for vip50 users
going of to tvio keeping v+ box and returning standard hd box, i have the sky
hd channels on one box.I asked these questions when placeing order and was tol my bill would go up from 98.50 to 102.20, how i understood all
the info on tvio for vip users the monthly fee was being waived. is it just
a case that they have to do it that way and the discount is rasied, the people on the sales line , and billing line did not seam to know any about
vip packages disscount. that is why i am asking you , as you seam to know
what is going on
regards
cwj2008

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Got it!!!!

When I called the special number I spoke to a lady from Eastern Europe who was very friendly but seemed to be desperately in need of some training. She tried to charge me for keeping my two V+ boxes. When I told her to forget the Tivo (brave man me) she went off for 15 minutes while I held on listening to some garbled information about what seemed to be advertising "Talk Talk", very strange. When she eventually returned it was to apologise for the delay and to tell me I can keep the two V+ boxes free of charge. I am using the Tivo to replace a Samsung V HD box.

Installation on Friday morning April 15th.

Thanks to DF for the information and despite earlier comments on this forum he was spot on with his predictions. As he stated they have sent out emails beginning April 11th.

Three Cheers for DF!
i was given a date of saturday the 16th , the it was change to the monday 18
Old 11-04-2011, 14:22   #749
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj2008 View Post
DF i wonder if you can advise me on what the price should be for vip50 users
going of to tvio keeping v+ box and returning standard hd box, i have the sky
hd channels on one box.I asked these questions when placeing order and was tol my bill would go up from 98.50 to 102.20, how i understood all
the info on tvio for vip users the monthly fee was being waived. is it just
a case that they have to do it that way and the discount is rasied, the people on the sales line , and billing line did not seam to know any about
vip packages disscount. that is why i am asking you , as you seam to know
what is going on
regards
cwj2008
you will see the TiVo charge on the bill, but you should see a bigger discount on your bundle to cancel it out.

Ben is better around package pricing than me though!

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Yeah. He should be on this forum justifying his existence 24/7 and not actually, you know, doing his paid-for job of work
indeed... it's also my day off, but I checked in to see how everything is going.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:23   #750
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by herby247 View Post
BOTH times i rang sales, they didn't even know what a tivo box was, the guy asked me if i was saying "cable" box!
Needless to say the numbers that i did get luck with were just saying wait for the email, so either people on here are LYING or there is a a total farce of an ordering system in place thats letting people NOT entitled to order it without a code order anyway!
I am swaying towards the latter!
So who do you think is lying on here or do you not want to say.

Also you will need to have pre registered and also received an email advising you to call up to order a TiVo.
Closed Thread