Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Tivo software update apparently

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Tivo software update apparently

Old 18-11-2016, 21:43   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
New Tivo software update apparently

Noticed this on the official VM Community forums for Tivo

Quote:
We are aware that some customers have been experiencing some slowness when using their TiVo® service recently. We’ve listened to the feedback and have been working to understand what the problems are and how we can fix this. We want to ensure that we give our customers the best service we can and have been testing a number of changes to help speed up the boxes.

We’ve now started to roll out a new code to all our TiVo boxes to help make our TV service quicker, the plan is to complete the roll-out throughout the rest of November.
Apart from one or two comments the other week I've not heard anything official until I read this just now.

Hopefully this will have the desired speed effect.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2016, 11:18   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: New Tivo software update apparently

Its been mentioned in the new TiVo thread recently

http://cableforum.co.uk/board/showth...702913&page=85
Old 19-11-2016, 11:59   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I sincerely hope it's successful as I am getting really riled with the slowness now.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 13:38   #4
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

No real change on my TiVo, still pretty slow but in all fairness not as bad as some have reported on this forum
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 13:56   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Whats the latest version number?
Old 19-11-2016, 14:06   #6
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopz View Post
whats the latest version number?
20.5.7.rc24-vmc-2-c00
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 14:17   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
20.5.7.rc24-vmc-2-c00
Thanks, i am still on the old version.
Old 19-11-2016, 14:37   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
20.5.7.rc24-vmc-2-c00
Just checked, I'm on that version (NW Leeds).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 14:59   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Ours updated a couple of days ago and my painfully slow Tivo has improved. I do still get black screens when using My Shows but they only last for 2/3 seconds and, up to now, I have not seen the spinning circle. Fingers crossed my writing this does not jinx the improvement.
Old 19-11-2016, 15:00   #10
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

No update in Teesside as yet
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 15:10   #11
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

Doesn't worry me gives me time to make a cuppa and read war and peace spoke to VM about it normal reply
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 15:13   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
No update in Teesside as yet
Nor here in Ambrosia country either.
Old 19-11-2016, 15:51   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Whats the latest version number?
Quote:
20.5.7.rc24-vmc-2-c00
For a Cisco box it's 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00.

For a Samsung box it's 20.5.7.RC24-VMS-2-C8A.

Will the V6 be getting this, or doesn't it need it?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 16:00   #14
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Having a V6, you will know that it doesn't need any speed increase. It's already on 20.5.8 anyway.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 16:11   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Having a V6, you will know that it doesn't need any speed increase. It's already on 20.5.8 anyway.
Thanks, there aren't any speed issues with the V6, but I wasn't sure if this update did anything else or would have to be sent anyway for completeness, compatibility etc.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote