Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I love TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I love TiVo

Old 22-03-2012, 15:40   #121
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Maybe they can tweak it bring it up to 2012.
Erm... "display reminder and switch channel." Not sure what else they could 'tweak'. Maybe they could get the box to record it as well?
Have it so there's a pop up icon in top right of screen telling you programme starts in 2 mins something like that..
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2012, 15:41   #122
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: I love TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
If it isn't exactly like the old PACE boxes then someone will moan
Exactly DF.
Old 22-03-2012, 16:02   #123
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
If it isn't exactly like the old PACE boxes then someone will moan

I am keeping out of this one. Look and keep quite ( so to speak)

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Quote:
In the same way that someone might say they love their car, their job, a song or whatever. It's common-enough phrase so I'm quite surprised someone of your stated intelligence doesn't actually know and understand the reference
Not in my world but there we go
Old 22-03-2012, 17:55   #124
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Yep what about a VM app so you can check your myvirginmedia, check your bills etc. Maybe check your emails.
THIS is a brilliant idea. And I mean brilliant. I hope somebody sees this. It's so simple and obvious it's bound to have been missed.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 18:39   #125
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

No thanks. That's what my PC is for. My TV is for watching TV.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 18:43   #126
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

And to add to it's brilliance, if you don't want to use it you don't have to. I think its inspired, genuinely.
Old 22-03-2012, 18:45   #127
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I wondered where I was going wrong? As a rock fan my TV goes through the window. I have to say the prices for a new TV and a Glazier are pricey
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 18:48   #128
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Got to agree with Carl here , certain apps on TV add to the user experience YT , Iplayer are examples however I see no point in apps that detract away from the boxes main feature watching TV. I'm not a big fan of social media however I know some are but can someone tell me what the point of a Twitter app on TV is when it takes over the whole real estate of the screen , checking your account can be done online , a mobile app may be a better idea.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 18:58   #129
andy_m
cf.mega poster

It's all about convenience. Shall I pay for that film on film flex, what's my account balance before I add to it? That entire scenario is resolved in one place. Maybe not a massive issue, but I think it's a really good idea. I accept some might not, but then if that's the case those people don't have to use them.
Old 22-03-2012, 19:00   #130
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

How about the TIVO records all channels 24/7 then theres no faffing about!!!!!!!

COPYRIGHTED by me...
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 19:06   #131
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
How about the TIVO records all channels 24/7 then theres no faffing about!!!!!!!

COPYRIGHTED by me...
One problem would be how big would the box have to be? Due to the number of tuners
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 19:11   #132
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
And to add to it's brilliance, if you don't want to use it you don't have to. I think its inspired, genuinely.
Andy l have to agree with you on this one.
Old 22-03-2012, 19:31   #133
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Andy l have to agree with you on this one.
Me too, and not just because others disagree

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 19:45   #134
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Man that Carl geezer is a miserable
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 19:46   #135
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Never said it wasn't a good idea.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote