Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ITV1 HD out of sync

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ITV1 HD out of sync

Old 26-01-2012, 20:17   #61
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ITV1 HD out of sync

ITV need a kick up the **** ITV1 HD on satellite during the NTA last night had no audio at all not sure about other platforms.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2012, 20:18   #62
Jameseh

For all the complaints I've never had one problem with lip sync on any channel. Maybe my eyes have lag.
Old 26-01-2012, 20:44   #63
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
For all the complaints I've never had one problem with lip sync on any channel. Maybe my eyes have lag.
LOL
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 09:21   #64
stereohaven
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, V HD Box, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone M
stereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the rough

Haven't had a problem with audio sync here but we had no audio at all this morning on ITV1HD through the TiVo.

As Daybreak was on I'm not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing!
stereohaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 14:57   #65
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Something which I'm not fully prepared to admit to watching was unwatchable yesterday afternoon on the hd channel, so I switched over to the sd channel to find it was just as bad!
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 10:30   #66
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Still had lip synch issues last night on ITV1 HD, this is not a VM specific issue since Sky users are reporting same problem. ITV need to get their act together.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 17:24   #67
SILVER SURFER
Inactive

SILVER SURFER is an unknown quantity at this point

Noticed it was slightly out of sync on ITV HD news last night.
SILVER SURFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 10:40   #68
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Angry Re: ITV1 HD out of sync plus Sky HD

I live in West Kent and there is an issue with out of sync sound/picture while watching HD on ITV and Sky HD.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 10:54   #69
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Exactly! They won;t just take my word for it and although I've given them at least 5 links to websites where the problem has been stated we should ALL write to ITV

Here's the address:-

viewerservices@itv.com

If anyone has a better (i.e more direct) email address than this then please post it here and I'll email again!!!
Use this email

Heres the email I wrote along with links to others who have the same problem
Hi there
I would like to make you aware of issues surrounding your ITV HD transmission; namely that on numerous occasions, the last being X Factor and Downton Abbey transmitted 25/9/11, that the picture was out of sync with the audio.

I've had a look around on Google and have found the issue is absolutely not happening with just one person, one day or with one provider. People have reported it who have Sky and who have Virgin Media and over quite a long period of time.

These links may interest you:-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/virgi...-out-sync.html

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...t-of-sync.html

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=17542197

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1468276

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-P...ync/td-p/12695

I hope this helps bring forward this issue and it looks as if it's been happening for some time now and some action needs to be taken about it.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 17:12   #70
loopyfilms
Inactive

loopyfilms is an unknown quantity at this point

ITV1 HD is still out of sync all the time, including now on my Tivo. Changing to ITV1 [SD] the sync is fine, and it is fine on BBC HD and BBC1 HD. I'm going to start complaining to Virgin about this as ITV don't seem to give a damn.
loopyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 17:16   #71
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyfilms View Post
ITV1 HD is still out of sync all the time, including now on my Tivo. Changing to ITV1 [SD] the sync is fine, and it is fine on BBC HD and BBC1 HD. I'm going to start complaining to Virgin about this as ITV don't seem to give a damn.
All Virgin will do is advise of the open fault ticket with ITV. There is not much VM can do unfortunately as it's a fault with ITV's playout, not at VM's or Skys end.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 20:42   #72
loopyfilms
Inactive

Cheers for info. I'll keep complaining to ITV as well then.
I wish someone would pick up on this in the media - then ITV might be embarrassed into sorting it out.
Old 26-03-2012, 21:06   #73
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

FX HD waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of sync yesterday and today!!!!
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 21:56   #74
loopyfilms
Inactive

I got a callback from Virginmedia toaday, following up on my complaint, and the guy claimed there is a new firmware update scheduled for April 30 that will deal with the problem. I'm assuming the firmware is for Tivo, and wondering how this will fix the problem for sky and Freeview viewers :-P
Has anyone else heard about this?
Old 26-03-2012, 22:21   #75
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

There is no TiVo firmware update for this (there is nothing to fix). Perhaps they meant a firmware update to some broadcast equipment? Though I haven't heard of such an update.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote