Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 16-10-2012, 18:26   #916
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You are the second person who has said that a physical cable is required. Can you please explain why a wireless connection is not suitable?
Maybe because the tivos dont have a wireless connection

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2012, 18:33   #917
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

No wireless drivers in Tivo software or not activated in UK build as Wireless-N adaptors are available on USA version but not compatible in UK? Happy to be corrected or even a software upgrade announced (pigs may fly!). I plan to use homeplugs but wireless would be more convenient.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:38   #918
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
No wireless drivers in Tivo software or not activated in UK build as Wireless-N adaptors are available on USA version but not compatible in UK? Happy to be corrected or even a software upgrade announced (pigs may fly!). I plan to use homeplugs but wireless would be more convenient.
Thanks. I would have thought that the core TiVo software is similar and, like you, I would have thought wireless to be the most convenient connection.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what is announced.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:40   #919
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You are the second person who has said that a physical cable is required. Can you please explain why a wireless connection is not suitable?
You could most likely use an ethernet connection to a wireless repeater.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:49   #920
Andy1
Inactive

Services: TV XL Tivo and V+. BB L
Andy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
As far as I am aware the US and UK hardware is completely different (only linked by the fact they are both operating Tivo software) and the boxes provuced for Virgin do not currently have any wifi hardware on board.
Andy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:51   #921
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks. I would have thought that the core TiVo software is similar and, like you, I would have thought wireless to be the most convenient connection.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what is announced.
Because there is no wifi capability in the TiVo devices. I'm sure Virgin will have a FAQ giving consumer options.

Edit: TiVo doesn't have built in wifi and this is the US official workaround (wireless adapters):
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...4VDhs#wireless

I assume Virgin will offer a FAQ similar to the above.
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 20:08   #922
martin051
Inactive

martin051 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a Netgear device from Amazon some time ago http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o02_s00_i00, works a treat.
martin051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 09:49   #923
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin051 View Post
I got a Netgear device from Amazon some time ago http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o02_s00_i00, works a treat.
That is positive news. Thank you.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 12:16   #924
totalsmith
Inactive

totalsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we think there will be a official annoucement on this before the next virgin shareholder meeting next week.
totalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 13:28   #925
marlman
cf.member

marlman is on a distinguished roadmarlman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin051 View Post
I bought one of these as well works perfect with my Tivo
marlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 13:43   #926
Jameseh

Does that work powered off the TiVo USB port?
Old 17-10-2012, 13:58   #927
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Does that work powered off the TiVo USB port?
http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/produc.../WNCE2001.aspx

I think that's a yes.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 14:01   #928
martin051
Inactive

I think so, I'll check when I get home later.
If I remember correctly, you connect it to a windows PC/Laptop, configure the WEP/WPA and IP address and then move it from your PC/Laptop to the Tivo and Bob's your uncle - it should work. I think I had to input the IP address into the Tivo as well.

Martin
Old 17-10-2012, 18:54   #929
martin051
Inactive

I am currently using the provided power supply, came with the unit.
Old 17-10-2012, 19:17   #930
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalsmith View Post
Do we think there will be a official annoucement on this before the next virgin shareholder meeting next week.
I hope so, this being released and actually being good is the only thing stopping me from moving to Sky next month. Its amazing how much Sky have caught up over the last year. They now have Fibre and Catch-up the only real advantages Virgin had for all these years. Virgin are not even cheaper based on package comparisons I have done.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote