Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Slow speeds over wi fi - hopefully this is an easy one!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Slow speeds over wi fi - hopefully this is an easy one!

Old 28-02-2011, 14:29   #16
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Slow speeds over wi fi - hopefully this is an easy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste View Post
Hmmmm - what else could it actually be though? If we take the router out the picture I am getting 1mb instead of 10 - it used to be ok however now it is not.

I have had the modem for around 7 years - you think that might make a difference?

Am I clutching at straws here?
I recently had a slow speeds issue although the modem signal levels were spot on.

Turned out to be the isolator.

If you manage to get an engineer out, get him to change it. It's only a 5 minute job and if it fixes your issue he (and you) will be well chuffed.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2011, 19:17   #17
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Ahem - gentlemen - my new modem arrived today and within half an hour my internet was going ten times as fast.

Old 01-03-2011, 20:27   #18
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste View Post
Ahem - gentlemen - my new modem arrived today and within half an hour my internet was going ten times as fast.

Glad to hear that.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01   #19
erry
Inactive

erry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ... I am a new member to this forum .. I have a problem with the internet network at home ... I use a wireless modem .. download speed only 1 kbs .. have someone solution to help me ...?
erry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 13:52   #20
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Much more info required.

Cable or ADSL

What service are you on. Are you using a modem, a modem + a router, a Hub or a Superhub.

Is your problem just with wireless or generally.

If just with wireless what speed do you get wired and if using a modem + router what speed do you get when wired directly to the modem.

Enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 into your browser and post details of your signal levels. NB do not post your mac address.