Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HDMI cable to cat5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HDMI cable to cat5

Old 01-03-2011, 23:37   #1
stephenharpur
Inactive

stephenharpur is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HDMI cable to cat5

Hello Guys
I have a 20mm conduit in the wall which is to small to take an hdmi cable which i want to use to send the signal from my sky + Hd box to my led tv mounted on the wall900mm above sky box. I run 2 no. cat5e cables down the conduit and connected at either end a sender and receiver box to carry the signal which an hdmi cable takes to the tv and the other end to the sky box. The receiver box is plugged in to a socket hidden behind the tv. i also have in the house room thermostats (which are wired in cat5e) in every room and every time one of the stats either clicks on or off to call for the heat to be sent from the manifold the tv blanks out for a few seconds then comes on again. sometimes it loses the signal completly and the screen is full of snow! The stats are wired on a different circut from the ring main that the sockets are wired on. What is going on? Help anyone as it is driving me nuts as the screen is blanking out every few minutes due to the room stats clicking on and off every few minutes. Is it static or what?
stephenharpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement