Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 03-12-2012, 19:33   #1516
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They can't explain it because even Einstein would have trouble working VM prices out.
so true there Den
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 20:49   #1517
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Still waiting for a price rise letter or email mail here in sunny Bristol. I'm currently paying £50.15 not including the Sky Sports channels, anyone want to take a guess at what it might be going up to?

The closest person to the actual amount, without going over, will go through to play in the Showcase Showdown.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 21:50   #1518
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Absolutely disgusted with VM about this. How many times do they think they can get away with this? They will price themselves out of the market. I'm really sad that this could be the start of the end for Virgin. I'm not being dramatic here, I genuinely don't believe customers can keep taking these price rises and this could be the start of a downward spiral over the next year or two where sky takes over and becomes a monopoly. The problem there is that lack of competition is bad for consumers, and then sky can just dictate pricing as they please.

My prices will rise again £4.50. I already pay £70 a month. I am on a retentions deal in contract from August to August though, so why can they rise my price in February? Is it a mistake and they in fact cannot? Thinking they can do this as small print will say they can alter pricing at any time.
I spend enough time on the phone as it is making sure my bill is not over charged each month, and now with this it's just going to be murder having to phone again as it will muck up my discounts.

Just becoming ridiculous. The thing that annoys me most, is everytime they do this and then I phone to reduce something, I always get the same old **** from the VM reps saying something like "oh sir, you are on such a good deal, if you reduce anything it will actually end up costing you more so you are best to stay as you are and pay the extra price rise". *("&$!($!() off virgin.

I spend nearly a ton per month on VM services and have suffered price rises so many times now in the last couple of years. It's just become a joke. They rise prices now right when BT vision is taking off and sky are adding new stuff and owning in terms of sports and F1 and and and.... talk about asking it to go belly up.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 22:04   #1519
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They can't explain it because even Einstein would have trouble working VM prices out.
Looking at the prices that Jobbie8 posted, it appears that they have a dart board with different prices on, and they throw a dart for each customer, and where it lands, determines the price increase. I suppose it makes the office a more fun place to be. That could be why it's taking so long to get all the letters out?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 22:23   #1520
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Looking at the prices that Jobbie8 posted, it appears that they have a dart board with different prices on, and they throw a dart for each customer, and where it lands, determines the price increase. I suppose it makes the office a more fun place to be. That could be why it's taking so long to get all the letters out?
I have rang to confirm my increase of £2.59, I was told £1.09 for landline and £1.50 for XL TV.

Im puzzled for my son and sisters increases though?
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 23:01   #1521
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

I've just had my email £4.09 increase for Premier collection + Tivo upgrade to inclusive 2nd box.

This seems straight forward Premier collection increase £3 ( as per website) and £1.09 line rental.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 23:23   #1522
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
I've just had my email £4.09 increase for Premier collection + Tivo upgrade to inclusive 2nd box.

This seems straight forward Premier collection increase £3 ( as per website) and £1.09 line rental.
I have also received an email confirming that I will have a £4.09 increase for the Premier Collection (inc Tivo & V HD box.)

Looks like VM are at least being consistent with us nicko.
Old 03-12-2012, 23:53   #1523
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have also received an email confirming that I will have a £4.09 increase for the Premier Collection (inc Tivo & V HD box.)

Looks like VM are at least being consistent with us nicko.

Yes the difference between your package and mine is 1 Tivo, so it kind of proves there's been no increase in the Tivo fee or I would have a bigger increase then you.

Wouldn't I ?
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 23:57   #1524
Safcftm21
Inactive

Safcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the roughSafcftm21 is a jewel in the rough

When I first starting looking at getting VM I got three different prices from the three calls I placed for the same product with a week of each other. Also the first three bills were all different and all wrong. When I asked them to review the recording of the call they said it didn't exist but the one call that they had right they had the recording of, strange how that happens
Safcftm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:06   #1525
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
Yes the difference between your package and mine is 1 Tivo, so it kind of proves there's been no increase in the Tivo fee or I would have a bigger increase then you.

Wouldn't I ?
The Collections are having consistent price rises, which will be less than similar older bundles

The plan is that the Collections for new and existing customers stay the same price
Old 05-12-2012, 13:11   #1526
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

£5.34! Incredible.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 13:31   #1527
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
£5.34! Incredible.
Ouch A call to retentions is required.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 13:44   #1528
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
£5.34! Incredible.
Thats very nasty indeed.
Old 05-12-2012, 13:45   #1529
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Just got off the phone to retentions. Am currently paying £70.20 going up to £75.54 in February. I am on 60mb broadband because of speed doubling, so the lady in retentions has reduced it to 30 again which is more than enough for my needs. New 12 month contract at £55.40 a month! That's £15 less than I'm currently paying, and once I've got Christmas out of the way I'll pay the line rental saver to reduce it further. I am more than a little chuffed with that price, it's less than I used to pay Sky just for TV, but I still think Virgin's pricing is too complicated and they risk angering some customers into leaving regardless of what retentions are able to offer them purely because of the huge headline price rises.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 13:56   #1530
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Just got off the phone to retentions. Am currently paying £70.20 going up to £75.54 in February. I am on 60mb broadband because of speed doubling, so the lady in retentions has reduced it to 30 again which is more than enough for my needs. New 12 month contract at £55.40 a month! That's £15 less than I'm currently paying, and once I've got Christmas out of the way I'll pay the line rental saver to reduce it further. I am more than a little chuffed with that price, it's less than I used to pay Sky just for TV, but I still think Virgin's pricing is too complicated and they risk angering some customers into leaving regardless of what retentions are able to offer them purely because of the huge headline price rises.
Congrats, just shows you what they can do. It is a shame long standing customers have to do this. Yes their pricing is to complicated and these latest prices rises are going down like a lead balloon.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote