Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 14:10   #691
toby53
Inactive

toby53 is on a distinguished roadtoby53 is on a distinguished road
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for update I was think this was an UK wide (Ex Telewest and ntl areas) thing.
Thought we were all one happy family now
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 14:13   #692
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby53 View Post
Thought we were all one happy family now
They are legacy services so no work was done to combine them
Old 10-05-2012, 15:44   #693
toby53
Inactive

toby53 is on a distinguished roadtoby53 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
They are legacy services so no work was done to combine them
Thanks Ben but I was joking honest
Old 10-05-2012, 16:47   #694
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
What would happen to the XL TV tier if ESPN dropped out?
Well, they could spend the money to benefit non sports fans (for a change) and get Sky Atlantic added.
Old 10-05-2012, 16:52   #695
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well, they could spend the money to benefit non sports fans (for a change) and get Sky Atlantic added.
Excellent idea but unlikely to be taken up PB.
Old 10-05-2012, 17:04   #696
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BizAsia: Star UK to make “historical” announcement in May.

Asia media web site ''BizAsia'' is reporting that Star TV UK will be making an historical announcement in the first week of May.

They think it maybe an new Star branded HD channel or Star News is set to rebranded as ABP News.

More info as I find it...

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/st...ncement-in-may

Info thanks to BizAsia.

Star News is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 802.
Update: Star Plus HD to launch in UK on Sky Digital in July.

Star Plus HD is to launch in July on Astra.

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/st...-in-july-in-uk

and Star News will rebrand as ABP News in June.

With Star TV ending its deal, Media Conteent and Communcations Services (MCCS) has confirmed that its flagship brand ABP will be rolled out across its news channels from Frday 1st June.

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/st...ed-as-abp-news
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-05-2012, 17:44   #697
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
sky will not let anyone have it for one and it not must have as the crap viewing figures it gets show so so over rated
Old 10-05-2012, 17:55   #698
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
sky will not let anyone have it for one and it not must have as the crap viewing figures it gets show so so over rated
Maybe the viewing figures are crap Dave but there are many Virgin customers who would love to see for a start the HBO content that is prevalent on the channel.
Old 10-05-2012, 17:59   #699
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
crap viewing figures it gets show so so over rated
To be honest mate I wouldn't make too much of the viewing figures , I've watched quite a few of the shows off Atlantic without turning the channel on. Most of my Atlantic viewing has been off Anytime+ boxsets.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:03   #700
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be honest mate I wouldn't make too much of the viewing figures , I've watched quite a few of the shows off Atlantic without turning the channel on. Most of my Atlantic viewing has been off Anytime+ boxsets.
yes but sky wont let anyone have it MM nothing VM can do about it sadly

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Maybe the viewing figures are crap Dave but there are many Virgin customers who would love to see for a start the HBO content that is prevalent on the channel.
nothing VM can do Den mate sky wont let anyone have it i would like VM to get it for the people that want it but not going to happen with sky in control
Old 10-05-2012, 18:44   #701
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Most of my Atlantic viewing has been off
The coastline
Old 10-05-2012, 20:33   #702
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I'm sure time shifted viewing is taken into account when it comes to viewing figures.

As for whether the xl package price would change if ESPN were to go I would point out that ESPN is much more than just three channels, it's Virgin's only way of competing on Sport with Sky. If they let free Premier League football leave their xl pack they'll quite simply lose customers.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Sorry, I misread Anytime+ for Sky+.

Sky must have some way of providing on demand viewing figures-you'd think they'd probably want to do so, even if it was only to provide a base for negotiations over advertising revenue.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:36   #703
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I'm sure time shifted viewing is taken into account when it comes to viewing figures.

As for whether the xl package price would change if ESPN were to go I would point out that ESPN is much more than just three channels, it's Virgin's only way of competing on Sport with Sky. If they let free Premier League football leave their xl pack they'll quite simply lose customers.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Sorry, I misread Anytime+ for Sky+.

Sky must have some way of providing on demand viewing figures-you'd think they'd probably want to do so, even if it was only to provide a base for negotiations over advertising revenue.
Sorry I was editing my post when you posted I've deleted now and started again I'm sure your correct but I believe BARB consolidated time shift figures are only for 7 days after broadcast however I'm not 100% and am happy to be corrected. Here's Sky's take on the Mad Men viewing figures.

http://corporate.sky.com/skyviews/sky_atlantic_hd/mad_men_more_than_an_overnight_success
Old 10-05-2012, 21:40   #704
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Sorry I'm a little puzzled. Does this mean Smallworld can't get access to ITV2 HD "due to the lock-out signed into the carriage agreement with the other operators"?

I thought Adam Crozier confirmed about 18 months ago that the deal with SKY for ITV2HD, ITV3HD and ITV4HD was a non-exclusive deal. Adam Crozier also stated:

"Building new revenue streams by exploiting our content across multiple platforms is a key part of the ITV transformation plan."

It seems strange that some lock-out deal would be in place between SKY and ITV unless a deal has recently been agreed with ITV and Virgin, but not yet announced. Similar to the SKY deal with ITV, which made SKY the exclusive satellite broadcaster of the channels, maybe Virgin are the exclusive cable carrier of the channels which locks out Smallworld.

Why would ITV and Virgin delay announcing such a deal? Who knows. But remember it wasn't too long ago that Virgin, Eurosport and the BBC deliberately held back announcing their deal to bring 2012 Olympics to Virgin Media customers by way of linear channels.

Personally I view the post from Smallworld a a positive that the missing ITV HD channels might actually be on their way to Virgin soon.
David Durnford, Smallworld's MD, added that that cost of ITV2, 3 and 4 in HD is "prohibitive...due to the contract ITV has with Sky." He then speculated that this might be the reason that VM too said no for the same reason. One wold speculate that it is likely that VM is being asked the same amount of money and that VM has said no.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...1#post58094971

Isn't it such a shame that VM chooses not to be open like Mr Durnford chooses to be regarding answering people's enquiries about Smallworld which is why we are always speculating about everything concerning VM. Mr Durnford's openness and helpfulness is a credit to himself and how he chooses to run his company and this openness makes me sometimes which I could have Smallworld instead of VM even though Smallworld seems not to be currently offering any on demand services.
Old 10-05-2012, 21:54   #705
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

It's interesting that he goes on to say:

"I will be revisiting the ITV situation later in the year."

This suggests whatever is prohibiting at the moment won't be prohibiting him in 5 or 6 months time.

If, as he speculates, Virgin are being held back at the moment too then me might finally see the missing ITV HD channels in 2012.

It's a good thing this thread thrives on speculation
Closed Thread