Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 01-06-2012, 16:48   #106
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
It's not used yet.

Anyhow, Carphone have just phoned to say my Blue GS3 should be arriving next working day.

I'll believe that when I see it...
If I was buying, I think the blue one would be my choice
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2012, 16:59   #107
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Have you used an iPhone before? Could you compare?
I used to have an iPhone 3G, however since then I have had various android devices, a Desire then a GS2.

I do much prefer the look of andoid and the various launchers that most manufacturers have added over the top over the original one. IE Sense and Touchwiz. Samsung have made a lot of changes to touchwiz for the GS3 and some neat little shortcuts mostly involving gestures.

eg swipe across the screen with the side of your hand and it takes a screen shot. Holding the phone to your ear while on a contact or in the messaging app will call that person without pressing any buttons.

While I have an iPad I would never go back to iOS for my phone. I have fallen in love with android too much and how flexable and customizable it is. Don't like the font, simple download new ones from the store.

Don't like the keyboard, go get a new one from the store. There are o many things you can do without even having to root the phone.

Apps wisw android now has almost all the bigs games and apps that were on iOS previously. GTA3 looks so impressive as does Real Racing 2 although RR2 isn't yet compatible with the GS3.

Anything else?

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
If I was buying, I think the blue one would be my choice
I thought that at first but after seeing the white in the flesh its ust so nice looking.
Old 01-06-2012, 17:02   #108
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I suppose you don't have an iTunes collection to move across?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 17:16   #109
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I do have a very large iTunes collection of music, movies and apps but they are either on my iPad or my iPod nano. Don't use my phone for music.

The GS3 also has a fantastic video app built in, it plays everything without any issues, even 1080p HD mkv files! So I sometimes load TV shows or movies onto the phone. Used to do the same with my GS2.
Old 01-06-2012, 17:19   #110
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I do have a very large iTunes collection of music, movies and apps but they are either on my iPad or my iPod nano. Don't use my phone for music.

The GS3 also has a fantastic video app built in, it plays everything without any issues, even 1080p HD mkv files! So I sometimes load TV shows or movies onto the phone. Used to do the same with my GS2.
I think I can just drag the files across. I like the podcast apps on Android so i'll probably use that.
Old 01-06-2012, 17:25   #111
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Yip, if I ever put new ringtoes or music/movies, its just a case of plugging in so it shows as a USB drive and then dropping the files on to it.
Old 01-06-2012, 17:29   #112
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yip, if I ever put new ringtoes or music/movies, its just a case of plugging in so it shows as a USB drive and then dropping the files on to it.
Yeah, seems like there are a good few applications for music playing as well. Google Music might eventually come out over here and solve that problem as well.
Old 01-06-2012, 17:56   #113
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

well you also have Spotify and Samsung just launched their own music service with unlimited streaming.
Old 01-06-2012, 20:03   #114
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...1078667/review

good review. They like the blue one..but equally read a review just before who liked the white one...maybe both are good
Old 02-06-2012, 09:08   #115
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I am also tempted by the HTC One X. I've heard it's a better interface/skin that keeps with Android 4.0's conventions and sprit.
Old 02-06-2012, 14:39   #116
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

The stock interface isn't that nice on the HTC One X, but a nice little Launcher would sort this out.
Old 02-06-2012, 17:56   #117
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Sense isn't that special anymore. Samsung stripped back touchwiz for the S3 and it's really good.
Old 03-06-2012, 16:03   #118
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I got it! The Galaxy that is! Going to spend a lot of time getting used to android and the phone. I am going to get a MicroSD Card but need advice, is it worth going for the performance ones or not? Do they make a difference?
Old 03-06-2012, 16:14   #119
colin25
Inactive

What do you need the memory for?

Mainly Music?
Old 03-06-2012, 16:18   #120
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Music and video.