Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | "God has answered our prayers for confusion in the Tesco boardroom".

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

"God has answered our prayers for confusion in the Tesco boardroom".
Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2012, 21:35   #16
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: "God has answered our prayers for confusion in the Tesco boardroom".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Tesco Value Christian perhaps?
i prefer the BOGOF especially when they knock on my door

Advertisement
Old 13-01-2012, 21:35   #17
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
and since the original question was aimed at me i will answer that if i may

they are basic human values ,which coincidently,are based on christian values or vice versa
OK, I see where you're going with that.

But if (and this is a big 'if', seeing as the meaning can be debated) the bible teaches against homosexual lifestyles, and CV are speaking out against what they see as a homosexual lifestyle, how can you say they're not being very "christian"?

I stress I'm not saying I agree with what CV are saying (in fact I don't), but the message you seem to be giving appears to be illogical.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-01-2012, 21:42   #18
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
depends on what brand of Christian you are .
The kind that if there were a God, he would be ashamed of them. disown them, and send them to hell.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
how can you say they're not being very "christian"?
Christianity is a religion where some agree with what is said to be Gods word and some don't agree with what is said to be Gods word.

if God says he disapproves of homosexuals, then I'd say to be a real Christian you'd have to agree with what the boss says.

or maybe not.
Old 13-01-2012, 21:48   #19
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
The kind that if there were a God, he would be ashamed of them. disown them, and send them to hell.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Christianity is a religion where some agree with what is said to be Gods word and some don't agree with what is said to be Gods word.

if God says he disapproves of homosexuals, then I'd say to be a real Christian you'd have to agree with what the boss says.

or maybe not.
it depends on how you look at it -i mean Christian values were laid down a couple of thousand years ago ,and although attitudes change over the centuries the written word remains the same , and some take the written word quite literally.
Old 13-01-2012, 21:56   #20
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
it depends on how you look at it -i mean Christian values were laid down a couple of thousand years ago ,and although attitudes change over the centuries the written word remains the same , and some take the written word quite literally.
I've always thought that God never said it. (not that I think God said anything) it was what the person or persons own thoughts that were put down and said to be the words of God.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:01   #21
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

But if (and this is a big 'if', seeing as the meaning can be debated) the bible teaches against homosexual lifestyles, and CV are speaking out against what they see as a homosexual lifestyle, how can you say they're not being very "christian"?

I stress I'm not saying I agree with what CV are saying (in fact I don't), but the message you seem to be giving appears to be illogical.
simply because i don't see it as a 'if' ,i don't think the bible teaches against homosexuality i think that is how people choose to interpret it to suit their own feelings ,so i don't think they are very christian .It is down to individual interpretation some think the bible does teach against homosexuality others think not so there is no definitive answer

Old 13-01-2012, 22:05   #22
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I've always thought that God never said it. (not that I think God said anything) it was what the person or persons own thoughts that were put down and said to be the words of God.
im with you on that - i mean i don't believe in God so i don't believe they are the words of God -just the words of man ,but they are powerful words when in the right or wrong hands ,they can be a force of great good and a force of great evil ,it depends on who's thumping the book at the time
Old 13-01-2012, 22:44   #23
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:

I read somewhere that you're not supposed to mix different fabrics in one item of clothing either. I suppose there are 'core values' and ones that should be 'interpreted'. I haven't seen CV protesting against TESCO selling clothing of mixed fabric.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:47   #24
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Although you're not the person it was aimed at what makes you say that? Not saying I disagree, just wondering what brings you to those views.
Just my impression of Christianity from what I was exposed to at Primary School (went to a Roman Catholic school) and from most of the Christians/Catholics that I know. I mean the things I said are very well-known and common tenants of Christianity are they not?
Old 13-01-2012, 22:51   #25
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
im with you on that - i mean i don't believe in God so i don't believe they are the words of God -just the words of man ,but they are powerful words when in the right or wrong hands ,they can be a force of great good and a force of great evil ,it depends on who's thumping the book at the time
I know. it's always going to be one of lifes mysteries.
which is both fortunate and unfortunate really. can't be proven or disproven.

anyway

Quote:
Colin Hart, the director of the Christian Institute, said he would not be shopping at the store over Christmas
probably knows that God will spot him going in as it's around Jesus's Birthday and with all this homosexual thing.

but no doubt he'll be back in there getting his baby oil as usual in the new year
Old 13-01-2012, 22:58   #26
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

To be honest I think they need to find some better way to deal with homosexuality. All the evidence suggests it's a biological preference, not a matter of choice. Therefore what is to be achieved by preaching against their lifestyle? They can't choose not to be gay, they didn't choose to defy the will of god.

If you believe that god controls these things then surely it is his will, intention or reasonability that they are gay anyway in which case it's rather bizarre to then make it a sin. At best he isn't taking an interest in someone sexuality but judging it after the fact.

To be honest this is probably a debate to have within your own religion amongst those who understand the scripture better, you don't need me poking in tell you how to reconcile these things (not that it stopped me).
Old 13-01-2012, 23:03   #27
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
To be honest I think they need to find some better way to deal with homosexuality. All the evidence suggests it's a biological preference, not a matter of choice. Therefore what is to be achieved by preaching against their lifestyle? They can't choose not to be gay, they didn't choose to defy the will of god.

If you believe that god controls these things then surely it is his will, intention or reasonability that they are gay anyway in which case it's rather bizarre to then make it a sin. At best he isn't taking an interest in someone sexuality but judging it after the fact.

Or, if your me, you don't believe in god in which case this is all other people imposing their own morality on others.
good point ,but as with all facts (and to religious people that is a fact)they are sometimes ignored to suit personal agendas

Old 14-01-2012, 09:16   #28
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Oh good, Another religion bashing thread, we haven't had one of them for ages..................
Old 14-01-2012, 09:19   #29
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

*Face palm*

Tools.
Old 14-01-2012, 09:20   #30
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
*Face palm*

Tools.
May i second that.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Closed Thread