Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 26-02-2012, 05:55   #766
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
i think those stats will be different come next report matey !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well l suspect their figures will still be pretty good come April.
Old 26-02-2012, 07:47   #767
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

With the need for speed on broadband and very little competition vm will be fine. Phone and broadband makes the most Money or vm. The ignition cost of a pvr and carriage fees make the tv less profitable
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 09:09   #768
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

i think this price increase is going to bite vm where it hurts, i know three family members with vm that have cancelled already them saying enough is enough !
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:04   #769
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l suspect their figures will still be pretty good come April.
personally i hope they aint,Last time they lost customers was over lack of new hd channels.Vm finally then pulled they finger out and they got a very impressive collection of new hd channels,Whilst figures stay pretty good vm will continue to bury there head in the sand.Only problem this time think they will struggle to get them back,Twice bitten and all that

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
i think this price increase is going to bite vm where it hurts, i know three family members with vm that have cancelled already them saying enough is enough !
agree matey !!!!!!!!!!!
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:25   #770
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
personally i hope they aint,Last time they lost customers was over lack of new hd channels.Vm finally then pulled they finger out and they got a very impressive collection of new hd channels,Whilst figures stay pretty good vm will continue to bury there head in the sand.Only problem this time think they will struggle to get them back,Twice bitten and all that

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

agree matey !!!!!!!!!!!
I personally would not have had any apprehension about going back to VM until I saw the price rises.

The pricing now is tbh just stupid. Paying £5 a month to record? Yeah right! It will be a cold day in hell before I pay £5 a month to be able to use PVR functionality
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:42   #771
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray.uk View Post
Have VIP30 at £99.45 just received letter saying going up £4.50 so £103.45 can anyone with vip30 confirm this.
Cannot understand why they dont give list of various VIP package prices on their website
i thort they got rid of that package?
Old 26-02-2012, 12:18   #772
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
I personally would not have had any apprehension about going back to VM until I saw the price rises.

The pricing now is tbh just stupid. Paying £5 a month to record? Yeah right! It will be a cold day in hell before I pay £5 a month to be able to use PVR functionality
skys started off at £10 to record and was dropped and customers flooded in,But vm up the price totally crazy.Tivo is great but £3 is overpriced £5 is daylight robbery !!!!!!!!!!!!!
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:19   #773
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

I agree with this posting

I think VM's obsession with superfast broadband may also be their undoing. I think it would be safe to say that for the vast majority of people a reliable 10Mb or 30Mb service would suffice for most needs.

i agree most customers 70 -80% take the 10mg bb
Im not interested in 100 -200 300mg BB 10mg is plenty for me

Virgin is investing all their money in broadband not tv most people would like to see more Channels better content more HD Channels

also the tivo £3 charge should have been scraped

Tivo,Hoping to get all customers on this great format.
What do they do up the price?£3 should have been dropped not increased,Total suicide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-02-2012, 12:21   #774
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
skys started oof at £10 to record and was dropped and customers flooded in,But vm up the price totally crazy.Tivo is great but £3 is overpriced £5 is daylight robbery !!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be absolutely fair to VM when i had my TiVo Installed there was not any money up front either for the box or installation so i suppose they have to get it back somewhere just my opinion though.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:24   #775
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
skys started off at £10 to record and was dropped and customers flooded in,But vm up the price totally crazy.Tivo is great but £3 is overpriced £5 is daylight robbery !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a little question howard you are saying its overpriced but yet you seem to have one so it cannot be that overpriced or else you wouldn't have one.
Old 26-02-2012, 14:50   #776
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
With the need for speed on broadband and very little competition
Up until recently! BT infinity does away with VM's major (only for some) advantage. When Sky start selling fibre, VM should worry IMHO.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 16:11   #777
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Up until recently! BT infinity does away with VM's major (only for some) advantage. When Sky start selling fibre, VM should worry IMHO.
Completely agree, I've said in previous posts that once Sky get fibre VM need to watch out. Once a comparable BB service is available, VM need to ensure they have a good bundle to offer people to entice them to stay / join.

TiVo should be a major draw to VM but their seemingly endless "coming soon" of new channels, red buttons, apps, etc, is now becoming a bit of a joke. A simple thing like BBC red button is available on virtually all new DVB TVs so can't be that difficult to implement on the VM network.

The triple tuners of TiVo are great for me but VM need to announce some extra content soon for the extra £2 they are going to be charging me from April!
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 16:17   #778
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I have been reliably informed that from April fibre will be available to Sky customers depending on whether infinity is available in their area.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 16:19   #779
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
How much extra on the monthly sub would sky have to charge to supply the infinity BB product? would it be competitive with VM.
Old 26-02-2012, 16:29   #780
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
How much extra on the monthly sub would sky have to charge to supply the infinity BB product? would it be competitive with VM.
Sky Fibre is £20.00 for 40mb , as opposed to VM 30mb becoming 60mb at £18.50 , which will be the cheapest option will depend I suppose on your total bundle.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote