Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO Connection unsuccesful

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VIRGIN MEDIA Trespassed on my property
Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2012, 01:16   #1
cornfloweruk
Inactive

cornfloweruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation VIRGIN MEDIA Trespassed on my property

Virgin Media trespassed on my property and installed a cable box and wire by attaching it to my wall to service the property next door. This was done without my consent and in my absence. I spent months trying to get them to remove it but they refused. So I am taking them to court on 28 Mar 2012.

I have seen similar complaints on the internet and would appreciate if you would post your stories so that I may print off as evidence as they are defending the whole claim.

I would also appreciate if there are any legal minds out there if you would email me to let me know my rights. I did seek legal advice and on that basis do not understand how they are able to defend the claim.

I think it may be revenge as I served them with an injunction and when they did not appear at court I reserved it on a director and Neil Berkett, the CEO. I understand that if they fail to comply they can be arrested.

Though I appreciate well wishers etc. I would appreciate if you would restrict posts to your similar experiences as I will print of the thread.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2012, 03:26   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: VIRGIN MEDIA Trespassed on my property

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfloweruk View Post
Virgin Media trespassed on my property and installed a cable box and wire by attaching it to my wall to service the property next door. This was done without my consent and in my absence. I spent months trying to get them to remove it but they refused. So I am taking them to court on 28 Mar 2012.

I have seen similar complaints on the internet and would appreciate if you would post your stories so that I may print off as evidence as they are defending the whole claim.

I would also appreciate if there are any legal minds out there if you would email me to let me know my rights. I did seek legal advice and on that basis do not understand how they are able to defend the claim.

I think it may be revenge as I served them with an injunction and when they did not appear at court I reserved it on a director and Neil Berkett, the CEO. I understand that if they fail to comply they can be arrested.

Though I appreciate well wishers etc. I would appreciate if you would restrict posts to your similar experiences as I will print of the thread.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to the correct forum.
Old 18-03-2012, 03:33   #3
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

is it really that big a deal ?

if it was the other way round and you needed a cable routed to you,would you hope that the chap next door helped you out or told you to fook off ?

yea i no it's not on my property,but if the cable is fitted in a secure manor and does not obstruct your daily life then what's the big deal ?
Old 18-03-2012, 04:06   #4
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Cornflower, while I am not a legal expert, a few things spring to mind.

1) Have you checked if posts on a public forum that is independent of Virgin Media count as evidence? If a member posts something, we have no way of proving they are telling the truth.
2) I doubt that VM would exact revenge in this way. For a start, it is illegal. It's more likely that the installer either wasn't aware he was trespassing or just bunged the box anywhere to get it done quickly.
3) If you are taking court action, I recommend you see a solicitor rather than ask a bunch of people you don't know and have no way of verifying that they are qualified for advice. If you are given wrong advice, it could end up costing you more than the 2 or 3 hundred pounds an hour that a solicitor would cost.
Old 18-03-2012, 07:56   #5
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
is it really that big a deal ?

if it was the other way round and you needed a cable routed to you,would you hope that the chap next door helped you out or told you to fook off ?

yea i no it's not on my property,but if the cable is fitted in a secure manor and does not obstruct your daily life then what's the big deal ?
i would tell them to get lost to..
not my fault they dont have a box out side there house..
and-its not that!!
the issue is--how do u know that person who has the box out side their house has to pay for next doors service they have taken on?
sod that!! i would rip it out!!

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
i would tell them to get lost to..
not my fault they dont have a box out side there house..
and-its not that!!
the issue is--how do u know that person who has the box out side their house has to pay for next doors service they have taken on?
sod that!! i would rip it out!!
i hd that when i lived at thornton heath,at the time it was telewest.
when they wasnt looking it ripped it out and threw it away!! sod them..
i wouldnt mind if they asked me..but but they didnt!!

Old 18-03-2012, 09:20   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Just remove it otherwise you will be going around in circles getting nowhere.

Have a read of this thread which has been going on since the end of January HERE
Old 18-03-2012, 09:22   #7
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

Thanks
I think for anyone to comment on this they would need a few more details even photo's simply saying that VM have stuck a box on your wall and trespassed on your property is not enough .What you may think is trespass may not be trespass and what you think is your wall may not be your wall as intimated by the statement i have highlited

Old 18-03-2012, 09:55   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Anything that is within my boundaries including external walls are my property and if some attached something without my express and written permission it would be removed.
Old 18-03-2012, 10:02   #9
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I think for anyone to comment on this they would need a few more details even photo's simply saying that VM have stuck a box on your wall and trespassed on your property is not enough .What you may think is trespass may not be trespass and what you think is your wall may not be your wall as intimated by the statement i have highlited
Agreed, lets see some pics so we can determine what is going on.
Old 18-03-2012, 10:18   #10
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Was it Virgin Media themselves or an outside contractor?
Old 18-03-2012, 11:50   #11
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Thanks
Have you checked to see if Virgin Media or a previous owner of the cable franchise has the power to do so? I think it is called leaveway or something like that.
Old 18-03-2012, 12:01   #12
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
I think it is called leaveway or something like that.
So close! It's 'wayleave' and it is up to the customer to get any required authorisations, not Virgin Media and, in my experience, VM will not proceed without it.
Old 18-03-2012, 13:04   #13
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
So close! It's 'wayleave' and it is up to the customer to get any required authorisations, not Virgin Media and, in my experience, VM will not proceed without it.
Even if the previous owner of the house agreed to it?
Old 18-03-2012, 19:43   #14
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I don't know. Would assume it needs to be the current owner though.
Old 18-03-2012, 21:51   #15
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

if it was me i wouldn't really want things to be attached to my property, i'd rip it off.
Closed Thread