Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 27-03-2012, 19:25   #211
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

So, last night I was speaking to a guy in retentions about adding a 1TB Tivo. The conversation went something along the lines of:

VM advisor "I'd leave it a few weeks if I were you - the prices might well be changing"
Grim "I understand what you're saying"
VM advisor "good, because I cant say more than that at the moment"
Grim "cheers, I'll leave it and call back sometime towards the end of April?"
VM advisor "yes that might be a good idea"

So did I just cross paths with the worst saleman in the world?

Discuss

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2012, 19:31   #212
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
So, last night I was speaking to a guy in retentions about adding a 1TB Tivo. The conversation went something along the lines of:

VM advisor "I'd leave it a few weeks if I were you - the prices might well be changing"
Grim "I understand what you're saying"
VM advisor "good, because I cant say more than that at the moment"
Grim "cheers, I'll leave it and call back sometime towards the end of April?"
VM advisor "yes that might be a good idea"

So did I just cross paths with the worst saleman in the world?

Discuss

Cheers

Grim
wouldnt suprise me the tivo box prise would go up then.. conning u..
Old 27-03-2012, 19:35   #213
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
wouldnt suprise me the tivo box prise would go up then.. conning u..
Good point, so a good salesman

Cheers

Grim
Old 27-03-2012, 19:38   #214
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Good point, so a good salesman

Cheers

Grim
how u finding virgin media cable tv?
Old 27-03-2012, 19:48   #215
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
how u finding virgin media cable tv?
We like it. Mrs Grim never has a problem finding something to watch. My only gripe is F1, but that's a gripe with the BBC not VM.

Cheers

Grim
Old 27-03-2012, 20:10   #216
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Trusting you here Den have most of the TIVO problems been resolved?
l have rarely had a problem with my Tivo Henke and any problems associated with Tivo have been greatly exaggerated in my opinion.
Old 27-03-2012, 20:20   #217
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have rarely had a problem with my Tivo Henke and any problems associated with Tivo have been greatly exaggerated in my opinion.
That'll do for me Den. Really sceptical but was getting weeweed off at the updates being on TIVO and not on my HD box. Virgin phoned me and offered me the upgrade to TIVO and broadband upgrade. Tied into it for a year so time will tell. Thanks for taking the time mate.
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 19:00   #218
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Only just used remote record since getting my 2nd TiVo and have noticed remote record works on the newer of the two TiVo boxes but doesn't work on the original one now? Anyone have any ideas?
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 20:57   #219
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

The only thing i don't like about TiVo is the remote control, the older V+ had a much better one.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 21:14   #220
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The only thing i don't like about TiVo is the remote control, the older V+ had a much better one.
l have to say that l prefer the TiVo remote control but what suits one might not suit another.
Old 29-03-2012, 22:17   #221
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Only just used remote record since getting my 2nd TiVo and have noticed remote record works on the newer of the two TiVo boxes but doesn't work on the original one now? Anyone have any ideas?
I think it depends which Tivo the online TV guide can "see". Not sure how to change it as I only have the one, but I imagine a call to CS might be required
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 23:02   #222
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I think it depends which Tivo the online TV guide can "see". Not sure how to change it as I only have the one, but I imagine a call to CS might be required
Thanks Carl, had suspected that may be the case but always try other avenues before ringing those awful off shore call centres!
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 23:24   #223
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Indeed.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 08:35   #224
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Why are you getting something you clearly don't like or want?
Carl can not speak for him but I got it because my package was reduced by £10 per month if I took it ! & yes I did ask if they would just knock off £10 & leave me as I was .The answer was that, the offer was only available if I had a TiVo . So two boxes instead of one ( my V+) To me that is plain daft, but £10 is £10
Old 30-03-2012, 08:38   #225
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Carl can not speak for him but I got it because my package was reduced by £10 per month if I took it ! & yes I did ask if they would just knock off £10 & leave me as I was .The answer was that, the offer was only available if I had a TiVo . So two boxes instead of one ( my V+) To me that is plain daft, but £10 is £10
More beer money
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote