Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 16-03-2012, 15:18   #136
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
When highlighting a recording in My Shows you can just press play to watch it without having to go into the next menu, saves a button press

Also to quickly delete a show press Clear (Bottom left next to '0' on the remote), also when the show is highlighted.

Hope that helps
It does
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2012, 16:35   #137
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
It does
Good stuff. Enjoy your new toy, had mine a year and it's still going strong
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 18:57   #138
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Good stuff. Enjoy your new toy, had mine a year and it's still going strong
I will second this as well
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 09:35   #139
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so i have an HDD recorder connected by scart which used to work happily with my V+ box. The only issue i ever had was that sometimes i used to get funny lines down the picture, especially when there was a lot or red or green on the screen. I fixed it by going into the V+ menus and switching from COMPOSITE to RGB as a picture output. Problem fixed, lines gone!!!

HOWEVER, I've connected HDD back up since i've had TIVO fitted and the lines are there BUT I can't see WHERE I can flip the switch from Composite to RGB...

HELP!!!!!!
Old 17-03-2012, 09:38   #140
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so i have an HDD recorder connected by scart which used to work happily with my V+ box. The only issue i ever had was that sometimes i used to get funny lines down the picture, especially when there was a lot or red or green on the screen. I fixed it by going into the V+ menus and switching from COMPOSITE to RGB as a picture output. Problem fixed, lines gone!!!

HOWEVER, I've connected HDD back up since i've had TIVO fitted and the lines are there BUT I can't see WHERE I can flip the switch from Composite to RGB...

HELP!!!!!!
i tryed it,i dont change.nothing on the menu to change it

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
i tryed it,i dont change.nothing on the menu to change it
i mean it doesnt change,i tryed it.nothing on the menu for it
Old 17-03-2012, 09:50   #141
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
HOWEVER, I've connected HDD back up since i've had TIVO fitted and the lines are there BUT I can't see WHERE I can flip the switch from Composite to RGB.
That's because there isn't one as it's already RGB.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 09:52   #142
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyway around this, tech people. As a tennis fan i sometimes want to record and keep matches and i record them on my HDD recorder and then burn them onto DVD. If there is no way to fix this then I can't do this with TIVO and I'll be going back to V+.

I've had a google and it suggests that SCART on TIVO never used to be RGB enabled but a software drop enabled it??!?!?!?!

HELP (again)
Old 17-03-2012, 09:57   #143
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I've had a google and it suggests that SCART on TIVO never used to be RGB enabled but a software drop enabled it??!?!?!?!
Correct. I thought you needed it to be RGB?

Quote:
I fixed it by going into the V+ menus and switching from COMPOSITE to RGB as a picture output. Problem fixed, lines gone!!!
Old 17-03-2012, 10:03   #144
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Correct. I thought you needed it to be RGB?
I do mate but i'm still getting the 'composite' fuzzy lines on the screen when looking at the virgin signal through my HDD recorder.

I
Old 17-03-2012, 10:39   #145
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Okay. Well that's just weird I have a Philips DVD Recorder hooked up to mine and don't have that problem. Which suggests it's your other box and not your Tivo that may need a settings change.
Old 17-03-2012, 10:45   #146
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Okay. Well that's just weird I have a Philips DVD Recorder hooked up to mine and don't have that problem. Which suggests it's your other box and not your Tivo that may need a settings change.
Mate, mines a Phillips DVD HDD recorder too...

Can you give me a quick run down as to how you've got your hooked up to TIVO/TV/HDD??? Would appreciate it. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.

I've been into the Phillips menu and can't see anything that might need swithcing.
Old 17-03-2012, 11:14   #147
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Is your TiVo a Cisco or a Samsung, Mobes?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 11:24   #148
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I'm in town at the moment mate, I'll have a looky and PM you a bit late. Does It make a difference??
Old 17-03-2012, 12:01   #149
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Wasn't aware the Samsung's were available already? I assume they look the same?

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Quote:
Can you give me a quick run down as to how you've got your hooked up to TIVO/TV/HDD??? Would appreciate it. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.
Well I just double-checked it for you and it's nothing special, really.

The Tivo is SCART'd to the AUX input
The TV is SCART'd to the TV output

And I have it set to "YUV P-Scan" rather than "RGB" because, for some unknown reason, RGB has a heavy blue tinge to it on my new Panasonic E30B.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote:
Does It make a difference??
I wouldn't have thought so as they're essentially the same thing.
Old 17-03-2012, 12:48   #150
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'm in town at the moment mate, I'll have a looky and PM you a bit late. Does It make a difference??
It probably doesn't make a difference, but it's worth considering. I haven't checked the Samsung output recently.

Make sure your SCART leads are plugged in properly. Try a different lead if you can.

Quote:
Wasn't aware the Samsung's were available already? I assume they look the same?
There are lots of the 500GB ones being installed now, but no 1TB yet. They look much the same, but with some subtle differences (e.g they have round LEDs instead of square)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote