Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 08-12-2011, 15:50   #76
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
yeah I didn't understand that, don't really like the look of it. I thought VM would get rid of everything below 30 shifting everyone onto docsis3 - SHs.

call centres this guy got a SH - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...3-upgrade.html

not sure whether they charged him or not. Initially I thought as above, everyone getting shifted onto docsis3 reading posts of heads getting SHs for services lower than 30meg.. ready for the upgrades? Can those standard Hubs and modems handle 30meg?
http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadban...s-routers.html
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2011, 16:00   #77
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Was this just the once, Tim? or are you getting refused help out-of-hours continuously?

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Thorntons, I think
Does it make a difference?

It was both the first operator, and their manager at the call centre. Now it's bad enough the first operator not knowing. But there is no excuse for a manager not knowing.

Looks like huge training needs at VM.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:02   #78
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Yay it's official.

Yep all 50Mb customers are being upgraded to 100Mb progressively.

Sorry to disappoint but 100Mb customers are not being upgraded to 200Mb, they're having their price dropped to the 50Mb price of £25/month if taken with a phone line.

100Mb will probably be subject to STM with this upgrade / price reduction, details to be confirmed.

I'm being upgraded in March 2012 if they ever get around to doing the ****ing upstream upgrades here.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

If you've a Superhub or VMNG 300 you'll be upgraded to 30Mb else if you're a 10Mb customer you'll go to 20Mb, if you're a 20Mb customer you'll go to 30Mb.

For the bored the 30Mb upgrade is to 60Mb.
Is there a link to the official announcement?
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:05   #79
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But of course, I was referring to the past re loyalty vs fiscal sense equation.....
THere comes a stage when you have just had enough I'm afraid,

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I expect that will be offshore agents as it is out of hours and expect the support to degrade once our office closes.
And that's the whole problem with VM using overseas call centres...they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjones View Post
I never called the foreign 'tech' lines as its all scripted answers..
And that's the problem
Old 08-12-2011, 16:14   #80
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Is there a link to the official announcement?
What makes you think there is any official announcement yet?

This gives XL non-DOCIS3 more incentive to shell out the £30 for a Superhub I suppose. Plus how well is 30Mbps on non-DOCSIS3 going to perform? I'm expecting an answer of badly as sfaik there is only a single downstream.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:16   #81
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
What makes you think there is any official announcement yet?

This gives XL non-DOCIS3 more incentive to shell out the £30 for a Superhub I suppose. Plus how well is 30Mbps on non-DOCSIS3 going to perform? I'm expecting an answer of badly as sfaik there is only a single downstream.
Well Ignition said it was official so it would be nice to find out where that info came from.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:17   #82
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

thanks for clearing that up kwik. apologies for being thick
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:27   #83
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
THere comes a stage when you have just had enough I'm afraid,
You really are trying hard not to answer my question, aren't you?

I'll try again - did you, before this issue, stay with VM through loyalty or because it was fiscally advantageous to you?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:38   #84
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Well Ignition said it was official so it would be nice to find out where that info came from.
I'm guessing this is one of those cases where he could tell you but then he'd have to kill you....

I can't see VM keeping it under wraps for long now it's released into the wild though - after all they'll consider it to be good news. I might too if it weren't for the fact that my connection is borked through oversubscription already.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:47   #85
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You really are trying hard not to answer my question, aren't you?

I'll try again - did you, before this issue, stay with VM through loyalty or because it was fiscally advantageous to you?
With respect it was a business decision, and none of your business, or any of VM's business as to why we have been loyal to them. But the fact remains that we have (for whatever reason).
Old 08-12-2011, 16:52   #86
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Does it make a difference?

It was both the first operator, and their manager at the call centre. Now it's bad enough the first operator not knowing. But there is no excuse for a manager not knowing.

Looks like huge training needs at VM.
Yes it does... Myself and other VM Staff on here have said already, you should have been given help when you called.

I'm trying to find out if it's happening all the time or you got a "bad" agent/Manager when you called the offshore centre.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 17:26   #87
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes it does... Myself and other VM Staff on here have said already, you should have been given help when you called.
Please don't think that I am blaming you, or any other member of VM staff on this forum. I know it must be very embarrassing when the company you work for doesn't operate to your standards.

Quote:
I'm trying to find out if it's happening all the time or you got a "bad" agent/Manager when you called the offshore centre.
Thanks for that.

This is just another example of why VM shouldn't use overseas call centres.
Old 08-12-2011, 17:29   #88
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Where have you moved? I'm sure they have offshore call centres too.
Old 08-12-2011, 17:33   #89
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Where have you moved? I'm sure they have offshore call centres too.
You haven't been following this thread have you??
Old 08-12-2011, 17:41   #90
thenry
Inactive

To be honest I haven't followed a few things today.