Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 14-12-2011, 05:49   #196
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Speed doubling?

yeah on FF8 it works ok.

Great web design team at VM then for not to work on IE9
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2011, 07:11   #197
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

I doubt there's much to this whole 'selected customer' thing, it's probably more location based.
Certain locations were always later with upgrades (at least the last 2 were) so I would guess its a similar situation to that.

Still I think making people feal 'special' for being picked is opening up a giant can of worms for VM customer service. If my mate who's been with VM a year (but happens to be I a different postcode) gets a free upgrade over me (longstanding customer) then I'm hardly gonna be pleased that VM see him as 'special' when really its nothing to do with that...

I'm not petty enough to complain, but you can see how some could be!
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 07:51   #198
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I'm pretty much sure that you are right about it being location based but doubt that VM, as incompetent as they usually are, will be sending the tickle to relatively new customers.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 08:08   #199
chrisjones
Inactive

chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Would it not have been better to refer to it as a 'trial'?
Old 14-12-2011, 08:33   #200
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjones View Post
Would it not have been better to refer to it as a 'trial'?
That worked so well for TiVo*.....

*says someone who remembers the wailing and gnashing of teeth in this and other forums about how unfair it was that others got on the trial, and not the wailers and gnashers of teeth....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 09:03   #201
chrisjones
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That worked so well for TiVo*.....

*says someone who remembers the wailing and gnashing of teeth in this and other forums about how unfair it was that others got on the trial, and not the wailers and gnashers of teeth....
I hear what your saying BUT surely people will be a lot less grouchy at the thought of other users being selected for a trial rather than because VM seemingly like them more'.
Old 14-12-2011, 09:29   #202
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I'm pretty much sure that you are right about it being location based but doubt that VM, as incompetent as they usually are, will be sending the tickle to relatively new customers.
As far as I know when a customer signs up to a tickle their min contract term is refreshed. Thats what VM get out of it mainly I guess.

So I agree sending it to new customers would be dumb, I also agree tho its likely location based as well.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 09:40   #203
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjones View Post
I hear what your saying BUT surely people will be a lot less grouchy at the thought of other users being selected for a trial rather than because VM seemingly like them more'.
Previous evidence indicates otherwise.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 10:17   #204
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
As far as I know when a customer signs up to a tickle their min contract term is refreshed. Thats what VM get out of it mainly I guess.

So I agree sending it to new customers would be dumb, I also agree tho its likely location based as well.
it better not be cause i dnt wanta new contract, and it be breakinga lot of laws since i havent had anything to sign or agree to liek phoning up and aksing ot upgrade i am agreeing to that ther eneed to be a warning that you b on new contract.

also the email suggest you will be upgrade regardless if you want it or not so i better not be ona new contract
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 11:58   #205
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I don't think that's the case (not for the tickle I received at least - £6 of phone add ons).

I don't think they could get away with a 12 month contract for a sachet of hot chocolate.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:11   #206
savenosouls
Inactive

savenosouls is on a distinguished roadsavenosouls is on a distinguished road

As there seems to be train of thought on here that the doubling offer is location based - why don't we have a look and see - I recieved a large envelope re the doubling (I'm on 10Mb/sec) and I am in the G71 Uddingston Area. Where is everyone else that received a letter?
savenosouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:36   #207
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

I have received no tickle at all yet, and I live in an area that is not over subscribed and has 100meg available already. I have been with VM since the best on offer around here was 512K ADSL as cable here was still analogue at the time.

I suggest you check out your forum history and ensure all comments you have made over the years are likely to encourage VM to 'like' you. If not, delete all critical comments and replace them with more likable posts. It can't hurt to grease the wheels a bit.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 13:47   #208
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
I suggest you check out your forum history and ensure all comments you have made over the years are likely to encourage VM to 'like' you. If not, delete all critical comments and replace them with more likable posts.
Hi folks I'm a newby around here and just want to say hello!!!

Please excuse me for a while as I have a little tidying up to do now.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 15:31   #209
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by savenosouls View Post
As there seems to be train of thought on here that the doubling offer is location based - why don't we have a look and see - I recieved a large envelope re the doubling (I'm on 10Mb/sec) and I am in the G71 Uddingston Area. Where is everyone else that received a letter?
my headend is uddingston well castlecary but iddingston is the main headend it links to
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 16:41   #210
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

I know why i wasn't sent this tickle, 100MB isn't even available in my area yet
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote