Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2nd cable line use

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Package Price?

Old 28-06-2012, 16:51   #1
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road
Package Price?

I have few needs from Virgin, and what I get I'm reasonably happy with. I can't find a straight answer on their site to what seems like a straight quest there so I'll ask it here.

I have TV XL and Broadband M. That costs me about £53 per month inc VAT. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I'd like to up the broadband to Large. I know this is due soon for free, but the kids are sapping my bandwidth so I could do with it now. Any idea what they'll charge me for this? We have the phone too that we don't use and the box is the V+ one. I don't want to get saddled with any new kit, just a small upgrade.

Regards.

Steve Blease.

I just posted this but can't see where it went so i'm sorry if it double posts.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2012, 20:24   #2
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Package Price?

Snazzy, check out the Essential Collection (http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/essential.html) which if you upgrade to XL tv comes to £58.40 according to the website. You'll get faster BB and a TiVo thrown in too for about an extra £5 a month.

If you aren't bothered about TiVo, give them a call and see how much they quote you.

Hope this helps, Superblade7
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 20:26   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
If you aren't bothered about TiVo, give them a call and see how much they quote you.
The only one you can get without TiVo is the Starter bundle http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/starter.html. You can obviously up broadband etc from there, but I think it's better value to get TiVo for anything higher
Old 28-06-2012, 20:30   #4
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The only one you can get without TiVo is the Starter bundle http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/starter.html. You can obviously up broadband etc from there, but I think it's better value to get TiVo for anything higher
Sorry Ben, wasn't clear. I meant call for a quote to just up the BB and keep the existing V+ STB.
Old 28-06-2012, 22:04   #5
snazzy
Inactive

Thanks.
Old 29-06-2012, 09:50   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

How much is the next BB from the one on collections @ £45 ? give that he would have £8 to play with before any extra cost.
Old 29-06-2012, 11:25   #7
snazzy
Inactive

Just called them, they wanted another £13 per month plus change my HUB, or give me a new hub plus a one off charge of what ever. I lost interest after being told another £13 for something that's coming for free. It seemed way too much to be honest, and too much messing about.

What happened to the days of ring up and it's done over the phone cheap. efficient and fast?
Old 29-06-2012, 12:15   #8
savenosouls
Inactive

savenosouls is on a distinguished roadsavenosouls is on a distinguished road

Don't know if it helps - I have XLTV with a V+ box, L Broadband (10Mb going to 20 or 30 maybe), line rental with evenings and weekend calls currently costing £55 per month (recently went up from £50.50)
savenosouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 12:38   #9
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
Just called them, they wanted another £13 per month plus change my HUB, or give me a new hub plus a one off charge of what ever. I lost interest after being told another £13 for something that's coming for free. It seemed way too much to be honest, and too much messing about.

What happened to the days of ring up and it's done over the phone cheap. efficient and fast?
As a BB M customer, paying BB M prices, your free upgrade is only to 20Mb, using the same modem as currently.

If you want BB L 30Mb with a new superhub then you should expect to pay more.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 16:17   #10
snazzy
Inactive

OKay... last two posts made it clearer. Obviously the V+ box has a limit, I just didn't know what it was.
Old 29-06-2012, 16:43   #11
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
OKay... last two posts made it clearer. Obviously the V+ box has a limit, I just didn't know what it was.
The simple fact is that the V+ box is now a discontinued product for new customers or ones that want to upgrade their TV package to include recording facilities, now you can only choose TiVo
Old 29-06-2012, 19:20   #12
Superblade7
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Snazzy, check out the Essential Collection (http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/essential.html) which if you upgrade to XL tv comes to £58.40 according to the website. You'll get faster BB and a TiVo thrown in too for about an extra £5 a month.
Snazzy,

You may again wish to consider my post above and call back and enquire about getting the essential collection with XL tv as like I posted above it will only be around £5 more than you currently pay.

For this you will then get a Super Hub combined modem/router which you will need for any speed higher than 20Mb so as you would get 30Mb with the above package, a Super Hub would need to be installed.

You will also get a TiVo to replace your V+ box which will give you numerous extra features. One of the biggest differences being that on the 500GB TiVo you can record up to 250 hours of SD / 50 hours of HD programming compared to the 80 SD / 20 HD you currently get on your V+.

If you do go for the above package then you would need an engineer visit to install the Super Hub / TiVo for which they may try and charge you £49.95 for an installation fee. See if you can haggle them on this as many people get free install.

If you are currently out of contract, you could even try ringing retentions on the "thinking of leaving us" option and see what deals they can offer you.

Entirely up to you mate, just depends on what services you require and what you are willing / able to pay for them.

All the best, Superblade7
Old 29-06-2012, 19:31   #13
snazzy
Inactive

I read too many bad things about the Tivo box and the super hub...
Old 29-06-2012, 19:38   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Snazzy the one thing you should not do is listen to is Victor and the doomsayers as they are very wide of the mark in my mind and many other peoples minds.
Old 29-06-2012, 20:03   #15
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
I know a lot of people moan about the super hub on the broadband section of this site, but you cannot add TiVo into the mix. It is a great piece of kit and the V+ box is rubbish in comparison!