Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 6

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09   #91
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

Indeed. It's going to be interesting
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27   #92
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't think the girl will end up being River, or even the Doctor's daughter. I think due to the episode it could well be Amy's daughter. However with all the timey whimey stuff, it could be anyone lol.

River and the Doctor have definitely been lovers in her past at some point.

The regen thing is odd, but if it turns out to be Amy's daughter then I guess there could have been some interference from the time vortex and given her some time lord abilities.

Moffat has been the best thing about new who since it returned. Am looking forward to next week. Pirates and Lily Cole
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58   #93
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Remind me again who/what is Omega?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:09   #94
Zing

The first ever timelord. There have been loads of possible clues
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21   #95
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Remind me again who/what is Omega?
He was the first time lord and the Doctor seemed to know him.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30   #96
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Great. A master stroke there. What about the people who havn't watched it yet!!
Simple. Dont read it.

Once an episode has aired, spoilers are not needed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 15:02   #97
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I've just watched it and i've now got a "time head"

River song is his wife i believe (or future wife) that was eluded to in the last series the one with the angels .But for some reason i can't get "the doctors daughter " out of my head ,i am starting to think that there is a link there somewhere and the writers are going to use this series to develop that character either for a spin off or addition to Dr Who or Torchwood
Old 02-05-2011, 03:00   #98
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Well, we definitely saw a regeneration. Hmm, Couple of ideas come to mind, and a couple of questions.

1) Timelady - Romanadvortrelundar? But if it's a Timelady, why couldn't he hear her? Ecclestone / Tennant's doctors said they were the last one left, if there were any others they would know / be able to hear them in their mind.

2) A new Timelord? Would require Timelord ancestry, so, The Master's Daughter? The Doctor's? If so, then who with? River? Amy?

The Doctor is half human, so would the daughter become 1/4 TimeLord or are they dominant?

Will Matt Smith ever take ownership of the role?
Will the writers be able to create a personality for him that doesn't feel like it's been copied from earlier actors on cheap audio tapes that were then stored next to a magnet for 10 years?

Some of the information may come out on the 14th May episode - The Doctor's Wife.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:30   #99
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Well, we definitely saw a regeneration. Hmm, Couple of ideas come to mind, and a couple of questions.

1) Timelady - Romanadvortrelundar? But if it's a Timelady, why couldn't he hear her? Ecclestone / Tennant's doctors said they were the last one left, if there were any others they would know / be able to hear them in their mind.
Well the Silent's might have installed a perception filter into the space suit, as they seemed to be very big on the whole perception filter thing?

Also, given how the Gallifreyan lady who kept communicating with Wilfred in the End of Time episodes, seemed to be here a while before the Rassilon led Time Lords made their connection and arrived, i would have to guess that there are other (as yet) undetected Time Lords already free of the Time Lock?

Yes, i know she was there with Rassilon, holding her head in shame, was probably just an image projection, and they are Time Lords, but i always got the impression that the version speaking to Wilf, was from a future timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon
2) A new Timelord? Would require Timelord ancestry, so, The Master's Daughter? The Doctor's? If so, then who with? River? Amy?
I've already said who i think her parents are, but it is of course possible that the Silents messed around with Amy at some point, and have used the doctors DNA to affect change in / create her pregnancy, or she could of course be Jenny.

Quote:
The Doctor is half human, so would the daughter become 1/4 TimeLord or are they dominant?
Is he half human, i thought that was just the 1996 TV movie? a little like him being completely human in the Peter Cushing 'Dr Who' films..

Quote:
Will the writers be able to create a personality for him that doesn't feel like it's been copied from earlier actors on cheap audio tapes that were then stored next to a magnet for 10 years?
I think he's completely taken control of the role, and like others before him, will continue to develop the character as the series progresses.

I think that most of the previous actors have borrowed aspects from those who came before, it helps with continuity, and is to some degree expected by the fans.

Quote:
Some of the information may come out on the 14th May episode - The Doctor's Wife.
That would be nice, but like The Next Doctor (Christmas special) the title sounds deliberately misleading.

Steven Moffat wrote the first 2, and the last 2 episodes, so what we get between now and then could just be filler, with a healthy dollop of clues.

I haven't chased up any of the upcoming episode titles, so if I'm way off, please feel free to put me straight.
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:42   #100
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
According to the former "Doctor Who" showrunner, he came up the number because he thought it was funny: "I could not resist! I was hooting. It'll never stick, though. That 13 lives is stuck in people's heads. It is, isn't it funny? Yet they only said 13 once or twice".
It was a bit more then once or twice. There was an entire series baised on the premise of the Doctors limited lives, involving his 13th incarnation. i suggest this runner should watch the series "trial of a timelord".

However is i remember rightly there is a way they can bypass the 13 lives limit thanks to RTD's pointless killing off of all the timelords before the first epp of the new era. From memory the 12 regeneration limit was neer a physical limit on a timelords body but in fact a limit imposed on timelords by the council. no more timelords mean no more council and so no limit imposed.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18   #101
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Will Matt Smith ever take ownership of the role? Will the writers be able to create a personality for him that doesn't feel like it's been copied from earlier actors on cheap audio tapes that were then stored next to a magnet for 10 years?
I don't see that at all but then again the only Docs I really remember are the ones from 2005 onwards so I can only assume your comment refers to previous incarnation before the series was canned in the 80s?
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:29   #102
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Since when has the Doctor been half human ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:43   #103
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Since when has the Doctor been half human ?

Not in any of the series i have ever watched,however in the 1996 film that idea was central to the theme of the film (which was intended for american audiences).I also believe that film should be erased from the history of mankind and anyone mentioning it again should be torn apart by cybermen,run over repeatedly by Daleks then dropped into a time vortex forever staring into the inane grin of sylvester mcoy
Old 02-05-2011, 12:04   #104
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

The Master hid in human form. Maybe the previous regeneration of this little girl did, and the Doctor didn't mention when she turned back.

Quote:
Possibly..

Quote:
The Doctor is (if you discount the various movies including the 1996 one) full Timelord.

Quote:
I actually think he has with this story. As for the personality comment, well. I think they have given him his own personality. OK, it's made up of parts of the previous doctors, but so was Peter Davison's.
Quote:
Maybe.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:45   #105
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I don't see that at all but then again the only Docs I really remember are the ones from 2005 onwards so I can only assume your comment refers to previous incarnation before the series was canned in the 80s?
I don't think you can really comment stating Matt Smith hasn't taken control of the role if you haven't really watched any of the original 8 doctors before.

Matt has been brilliant in the role and put his own stamp on the part of the Doctor.