Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-02-2017, 07:47   #2791
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
So I am still impressed with the V6's... when they work. The past week they have needed rebooting about 10 times before On Demand works/they decide to wake up. I spoke to VM on the phone who said there was no issue. I even asked whether any software updates were on the way to fix any bugs and they said there were no bugs...

Anyone know if any updates are coming soon?
I would recommend that you don't put it in standby until the update is released. Mine are on all the time and I have had no issues.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2017, 08:24   #2792
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post

Gripes:

Watching BBC iplayer last night but when i paused for a few minutes, remote wouldn't work properly. Had to pair it again.... twice.

Perhaps first night nerves.
Turns out the problem was the rubbish batteries supplied with the remote.

All good now.
Old 06-02-2017, 14:45   #2793
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
It's plugged into an amp and the TiVo USB is the most convenient power supply for it. Shame the V6 USB is completely disabled but I'm gaining a plug socket because I'm ditching my IR sender/receiver due to V6 remote being RF.

Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose
The USB port provides power. My v6 is happy powering my Logitech Harmony hub.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 15:16   #2794
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Having been looking at the new box on the bus shelter advertising around my area these past few weeks I have to say it`s one ugly looking box! Look wise it`s not a patch on Sky Q box. If I ever get around to getting one mines going to be hidden away somewhere!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 16:14   #2795
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Having been looking at the new box on the bus shelter advertising around my area these past few weeks I have to say it`s one ugly looking box! Look wise it`s not a patch on Sky Q box. If I ever get around to getting one mines going to be hidden away somewhere!
It's not how it looks, it's what's on the inside that counts

I'm having mine installed tomorrow. After the positive reviews from you guys on here and how well most of the installs went, I can't wait
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 16:17   #2796
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
It's not how it looks, it's what's on the inside that counts

I'm having mine installed tomorrow. After the positive reviews from you guys on here and how well most of the installs went, I can't wait
Yes our two are getting installed on Friday so no more clashes anymore and plenty of extra memory when uneducated Dumbo here works out how to connect them to each other.
Old 06-02-2017, 17:18   #2797
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes our two are getting installed on Friday so no more clashes anymore and plenty of extra memory when uneducated Dumbo here works out how to connect them to each other.
The flexibility to watch recorded shows on different boxes is great.

Den, I'm sure the engineer will help you link the two boxes together and show you how to view the recordings from either box.

General question for all - What's the 4K Netflix picture quality like from the V6? As good as the app on your 4K smart TV? Be good to know.

Cheers
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 17:56   #2798
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Hi

I've just had two V6 STBs installed today and I'm wondering if somebody could help me with a couple of questions.

Firstly...My Shows. I have nothing recorded yet, but have set up a few series links for programmes on later in the week. When I go into My Shows there are folders for these programmes, and when I go into each they are empty (I pressed the blue button (I think), so it only shows items recorded). However, is there any way of hiding the folder until something has been recorded. It's very confusing having folders of programme names, but there is nothing actually in them to watch.

The other question is around the linking of the two boxes. Engineer never mentioned anything about this, but after he had gone and I started playing around I noticed each box shows in the other box's menu. And I was able to select them and view 'My Shows' in the other box. I would have thought this would be off by default. Can you confirm how you can switch this feature off? And is it easy enough to just switch it on when you want to use the feature or does it have to remain on once it's activated?

Thanks
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 19:15   #2799
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
Hi

I've just had two V6 STBs installed today and I'm wondering if somebody could help me with a couple of questions.

Firstly...My Shows. I have nothing recorded yet, but have set up a few series links for programmes on later in the week. When I go into My Shows there are folders for these programmes, and when I go into each they are empty (I pressed the blue button (I think), so it only shows items recorded). However, is there any way of hiding the folder until something has been recorded. It's very confusing having folders of programme names, but there is nothing actually in them to watch.

The other question is around the linking of the two boxes. Engineer never mentioned anything about this, but after he had gone and I started playing around I noticed each box shows in the other box's menu. And I was able to select them and view 'My Shows' in the other box. I would have thought this would be off by default. Can you confirm how you can switch this feature off? And is it easy enough to just switch it on when you want to use the feature or does it have to remain on once it's activated?

Thanks
The folder gets occupied with data once a show is recorded. You will know whether or not you have recordings in the folder because the number of recordings will appear in brackets after the title. Note, however, that programmes sucked in from on demand are not included in that number although they are present in the folder.

The linking of the boxes is an excellent feature, which you can choose to make use of or not, as the case may be. Unless you are trying to hide programmes on one box from your partner, I'm not really sure why you would want the boxes not to be connected in this way!
Old 06-02-2017, 19:57   #2800
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The folder gets occupied with data once a show is recorded. You will know whether or not you have recordings in the folder because the number of recordings will appear in brackets after the title. Note, however, that programmes sucked in from on demand are not included in that number although they are present in the folder.

The linking of the boxes is an excellent feature, which you can choose to make use of or not, as the case may be. Unless you are trying to hide programmes on one box from your partner, I'm not really sure why you would want the boxes not to be connected in this way!
But the folders are empty, there are no recordings in there from either TV or on demand. All that's in there are scheduled future recordings. So is there no way of stopping the folder from appearing until there is an actual programme in there to watch?

With regards to the linking, I have a separate box upstairs from my mom downstairs. She is in her eighties and gets very confused and not behind the realms of possibility that she clicks into my box and gets 'in a tizz' because she can't find any of her programmes. Or even deletes some of my programmes (yes I know I can undelete them, but if I have a lot recorded its whether or not I notice they're gone). So, instead of being judgemental, can you advise how this can be switched off?
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 20:31   #2801
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

You can clear empty folders from MyShows by simply selecting Clear and then Delete everything in this folder.
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 20:45   #2802
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
The USB port provides power. My v6 is happy powering my Logitech Harmony hub.
Many Thanks for confirming, no need for me to find that USB power plug now.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:47   #2803
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
But the folders are empty, there are no recordings in there from either TV or on demand. All that's in there are scheduled future recordings. So is there no way of stopping the folder from appearing until there is an actual programme in there to watch?

With regards to the linking, I have a separate box upstairs from my mom downstairs. She is in her eighties and gets very confused and not behind the realms of possibility that she clicks into my box and gets 'in a tizz' because she can't find any of her programmes. Or even deletes some of my programmes (yes I know I can undelete them, but if I have a lot recorded its whether or not I notice they're gone). So, instead of being judgemental, can you advise how this can be switched off?
Sorry, that was meant to be a light hearted remark, because I couldn't see why you would not want the boxes to be connected!

Those empty folders have appeared because you have a series link. A number will appear beside the title when it is populated. You can press the 'clear' button, but check in your planned recordings that the programme you want to record at a later time hasn't been deleted as well!
Old 07-02-2017, 08:00   #2804
gryphon
cf.member

gryphon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

If i keep my old Tivo box and will this show up on the new V6 box if it's connected to the WiFi network.

With the new V6 can you view recorded programs remotely, on tour laptop, if travelling at any time

Last edited by gryphon; 07-02-2017 at 08:41.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:38   #2805
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
If i keep my old Tivo box and will this show up on the new V6 box if it's connected to the WiFi network.
It will as long as your old TiVo has an Ethernet connection into your network too
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote