Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connection Problems B'ham

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

how much is 50mb?

Old 06-02-2011, 21:53   #1
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d
how much is 50mb?

the reason i ask, a poster on another forum told me after i posted a rant about 50mb being a over priced dialup service, and i said something about being under 50 quid a month however he tells me its 35 quid a month.

since 50mb came out i've been charged 45-50 a month, got 2v+ boxes, 1 v box, xl package, all the telephone packages (what a waste) and no discount.

so i want to find out for sure before i volley a keach load of abuse down the phone to people over charging me.
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 22:04   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: how much is 50mb?

It's £25 a month for new customers with a phone line, £35 without. Further bundle discounts may apply. The "full fat" price is/was £45pm I believe. I get it for £45 - £17 bundle discount = £28pm.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-50mb.html
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 22:47   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

funnily enough I was thinking the same thing last night. A couple of years ago I worked out that for the price I was paying for 50mbit + phone, I could get tv in a bundle for free. But since then because the cost of 50mbit has gone down it works out that it costs more and I am paying for tv now. I was going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what the price difference would be if I drop the tv, I only had it for the sake of it in the bedroom because I have Sky downstairs anyway.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:54   #4
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Well as a near 4 year old customer we upgraded to the 50mb last week. We are paying £38.24 pm for the 50mb, phone line (free weekend calls) and the size M tv package (freeview channels).

Thats pretty much a new customer price but never got the first 6 months half price. But on the other hand it's neither a new contract so not tied to that for the next 12\18 months.

But I think we missed a trick as looking at the VM website I think they only give the HD receivers out now?, if so I guess we could have pushed for 1 of those to.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:55   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
funnily enough I was thinking the same thing last night. A couple of years ago I worked out that for the price I was paying for 50mbit + phone, I could get tv in a bundle for free. But since then because the cost of 50mbit has gone down it works out that it costs more and I am paying for tv now. I was going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what the price difference would be if I drop the tv, I only had it for the sake of it in the bedroom because I have Sky downstairs anyway.
Without any TV, you have two choices.

Standalone 50Mb broadband is £35 per month;
50Mb broadband with Phone is £37.99 per month.

Both prices assume DD and ebilling.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote