Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

Old 27-03-2015, 17:14   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

From today until Monday, Virgin Media mobile systems are down for an upgrade www.virginmedia.com/systems
Old 27-03-2015, 18:14   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

Not the mobile system, but the online mobile billing and account access system.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 09:59   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

About time they sorted out the ridiculous payment system ,not being able to pay the correct amount was just crazy
Old 30-03-2015, 19:16   #4
StopThePigeon
cf.member

StopThePigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

The new look Virgin Mobile website is now up-and-running. I tried to log in, but it doesn't accept my previous virginmobile.com user/pass, or the U/P that I use for virginmedia.com.
Anyone else had a problem, or successfully logged in?
StopThePigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 19:42   #5
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

much needed improvement now if only they could link both the Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile accounts together...
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 21:47   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopThePigeon View Post
The new look Virgin Mobile website is now up-and-running. I tried to log in, but it doesn't accept my previous virginmobile.com user/pass, or the U/P that I use for virginmedia.com.
Anyone else had a problem, or successfully logged in?
Try resetting your password. I believe there is a known change where the new login will pick up on the case of the password set, whereas the old online one ignored it.
Old 30-03-2015, 21:55   #7
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

About time this went back online, tried looking at my app on phone this morning to see how near my limit I am. Still got to get to April 16 and think I am already down to 100 MB or less in mobile data.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

I had 2 phones linked to my login details last week, now only 1 phone account showing. Do I need to register the number again?

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Tried adding it, says linked already but cannot see it. What a bloody cock up by Virgin. Why ruin a functioning website and make it worse?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 22:21   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

It's not just the website that's been changed, all the mobile account systems have been updated.
Old 30-03-2015, 23:02   #9
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Tried adding it, says linked already but cannot see it. What a bloody cock up by Virgin. Why ruin a functioning website and make it worse?
White menu bar under the VM logo - left hand option to change 'Account'

Very misleading when it tells me I've unlimited mins when I know that's only to other VM mobiles.

Cheers

Grim
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (19.8 KB, 13 views)
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 23:16   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It looks a lot better and is also a lot faster and more responsive. However there are still somethings not working correctly and not showing the correct info. My wifes phone is showing as a Galaxy S2 however it was upgraded twice since then.
Old 31-03-2015, 08:54   #11
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Looking there, and still showing only my phone and not the second phone that is also linked to the login details. What a stupid upgrade if things are showing wrong or not showing at all.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:28   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Appreciate that there may be some temporary issues, but I'm sure they will be fixed.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:15   #13
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

What a cock up!
To start with it wouldn't accept my password and had to reset it. I'm on Addict tariff it don't seem to like it. It only shows how much data I have no minutes or text. And it shows a phone I had about ten years ago.
When will VM change something and it works?
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:28   #14
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Agree. I complained to them on Twitter and they reckon the majority of customers like the new look site. Don't know who they asked or if they even tried using the site before doing the survey.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:53   #15
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

The phone app is just the same shows data but nothing else
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote