Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tethering

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tethering

Old 30-01-2013, 13:56   #16
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tethering

So no numbers mentioned in the statement, you have to go and find them.

Are those that signed up in the last 6 months after being told they could tether and the unlimited virgin package was 10GB data, given the chance to cancel now that tethering is not supported and the allowed unlimited usage has dropped to a third of what it was?

Nice timing, almost suspicious
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2013, 14:15   #17
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
So no numbers mentioned in the statement, you have to go and find them.
Which seems sensible to me. Get customers to go and read the terms that apply to them.

Quote:
Are those that signed up in the last 6 months after being told they could tether and the unlimited virgin package was 10GB data, given the chance to cancel now that tethering is not supported and the allowed unlimited usage has dropped to a third of what it was?

Nice timing, almost suspicious
For those that have already signed up before the 24th, tethering is still allowed, just as the statement says.
Old 30-01-2013, 15:24   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

One post deleted for being off topic after everyone being warned to keep to the topic.
Old 30-01-2013, 16:45   #19
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Which seems sensible to me. Get customers to go and read the terms that apply to them.

For those that have already signed up before the 24th, tethering is still allowed, just as the statement says.
You avoided the question. Some have signed up recently after seeing the Terms and Conditions say the Virgin Unlimited package was limited to 10GB, which was a deciding factor in joining up. Now they are being told the limit is 3.5GB. Can they cancel their contract due to this significant change?

Quote:
customers who joined Virgin Media after 25 June 2012 excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds
Up until a couple of months the terms and conditions said 10gb. So can the people who signed up on the 26th June up until the T&C change (this month?) cancel on this basis? Remember that virgin staff have been telling customers the 10gb limit up until very recently.
Old 30-01-2013, 16:46   #20
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's not a limit. You can continue to download data, just at a slower speed.
Old 30-01-2013, 16:56   #21
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
It's not a limit. You can continue to download data, just at a slower speed.
That is just playing with words. Lets call it a threshold then. When my friend signed up with Virgin Mobile, the threshold before you strangled his speed down to a crawl was 10gb. Virgin Mobile have now changed this threshold to 3.5gb. This is different to what he signed up for and he chose Virgin based on the stated threshod at the time. Can he get out of contract due to this change of limit/threshold?

This will be an interesting one as he will be happy to pursue this in the right places
Old 30-01-2013, 18:49   #22
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
That is just playing with words. Lets call it a threshold then. When my friend signed up with Virgin Mobile, the threshold before you strangled his speed down to a crawl was 10gb. Virgin Mobile have now changed this threshold to 3.5gb. This is different to what he signed up for and he chose Virgin based on the stated threshod at the time. Can he get out of contract due to this change of limit/threshold?

This will be an interesting one as he will be happy to pursue this in the right places
Do you have a Virgin Mobile phone that is affected by this.

As far as your friend is concerned maybe he needs to speak to Mobile customer service himself

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 19:03   #23
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Do you have a Virgin Mobile phone that is affected by this.

As far as your friend is concerned maybe he needs to speak to Mobile customer service himself
How is this your concern?

As the go to guy for computer and internet advice it is assumed I know about mobile phones and providers too. I have ended up pointing some towards virgin mobile and one of them was due to the limits.

So rather than be cloak and dagger and hide information from other people, asking here opens up that information to others wondering the same. This appears to be why Virgin will not give a straight reply and are/have been avoiding the tethering and limits changed shortly after many signed up.

If there is nothing to hide, straight answers would be given here. Makes virgin mobile look shifty and I had respect for that side of the business before.
Old 30-01-2013, 19:10   #24
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
How is this your concern?

As the go to guy for computer and internet advice it is assumed I know about mobile phones and providers too. I have ended up pointing some towards virgin mobile and one of them was due to the limits.

So rather than be cloak and dagger and hide information from other people, asking here opens up that information to others wondering the same. This appears to be why Virgin will not give a straight reply and are/have been avoiding the tethering and limits changed shortly after many signed up.

If there is nothing to hide, straight answers would be given here. Makes virgin mobile look shifty and I had respect for that side of the business before.
Then as i am not a member of virgin mobile and as you said this is non of my concern i will be of no help to you, maybe someone else will help you.

Old 30-01-2013, 19:14   #25
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Then as i am not a member of virgin mobile and as you said this is non of my concern i will be of no help to you, maybe someone else will help you.
Your first reply showed you had no help to offer anyway

/me smells off-topic diversion away from the actual question and lack of official answer
Old 30-01-2013, 19:17   #26
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Your first reply showed you had no help to offer anyway

/me smells off-topic diversion away from the actual question and lack of official answer
You can smell what you want, i smell big chip on shoulder

Old 30-01-2013, 19:23   #27
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:

Quoting so we are back to where before the pointless posts. This is the question that needs answering and asked here as this part of the forum is about virgin mobile and a virgin employee answers in an official capacity here
Old 30-01-2013, 19:31   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
and a virgin employee answers in an official capacity here
Nope
Old 30-01-2013, 19:42   #29
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Nope
Bad assumption on my part then. Easy to do when you answer most questions here.

Speaks volumes that you replied to tell me this but not answer the question though.
Old 30-01-2013, 19:51   #30
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Speaks volumes that you replied to tell me this but not answer the question though.
Because Sirius has provided the answer you were wanting - anyone who this impacts will need to to speak to Virgin Media to discuss the situation