Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile sending texts at 2am!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile sending texts at 2am!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:24   #1
snowballs
Inactive

snowballs is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Virgin Mobile sending texts at 2am!

Hi everyone.

This is not the first time that i have recieved a text from VM at silly o'clock but at 2am this morning was the straw that broke the camels back!

Cutting a long story short i got a VM text at 2am telling me that my services were being suspended. I was asleep at the time and didnt understand why i had recieved the text as there were no issuse that i knew off. It took me hours to get back to sleep and i was unable to get up for work as i was too tired. I was unable to call my boss on his mobile as my landline is set up so mobiles cant be called and i was unable to use my mobile.

When i called VM i was told that i recieved the text because my bill was late due to the Bank Holiday!!! WTF??? I was so angry. I asked to terminate my service as this was not the first time i had recieved early morning texts. I have also had VM texts on an early Sunday morning as well.

They told me that they have had a number of complaints about the timing of texts and would look into it. So, they know it is an issue already and it is still happening. Obviousley it will carry on happening.
I was also told that my credit limit would be raised so it will lower the likelyhood of it happening again. I dont think this is good enough.

I was told that i would have to pay the remainder of the contract of over a year, if i left.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to resolve it?
I would rather just leave them and go back to my old provider. Can anyone advise me on this please. Thanks in advance.
snowballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2010, 11:26   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Mobile sending texts at 2am!

I used to have a problem with texts waking me up in the middle of the night, then I started putting my phone on 'silent' when I go to bed and now I don't get that problem any more.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:29   #3
snowballs
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
I used to have a problem with texts waking me up in the middle of the night, then I started putting my phone on 'silent' when I go to bed and now I don't get that problem any more.

I dont want to do that in case someone needs to contact me. I crapped myself when it went off as its not often it does. I was all over the place and knocked everything off the table next to my bed trying to find the bladdy phone lol

Anyway, why should i have to put it on silent in the first place?
Old 05-01-2010, 11:57   #4
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post

LOL Good advice there Rob

To the OP, it happens, automated services run at around, 00:00 and onwards.

Personally, it's just a text, if you couldnt get up, well thats another issue. Personally and this is my personal opinion, I hardly think anyone will be ringing at 2am for a "just in case"

Guess the option is, to put your phone on silent. End of
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:07   #5
snowballs
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
LOL Good advice there Rob

To the OP, it happens, automated services run at around, 00:00 and onwards.

Personally, it's just a text, if you couldnt get up, well thats another issue. Personally and this is my personal opinion, I hardly think anyone will be ringing at 2am for a "just in case"

Guess the option is, to put your phone on silent. End of

They told me that a text can take 2 days to arrive so they have no control over it. I am pretty sure a few tweaks could be made so that you can receive these texts during sociable hours.

Just a text could be a serious text. My next door neighbour got a text from her daughter just before christmas saying that she was lost and drunk

I think most women would have the phone on and men would choose not to
Old 05-01-2010, 12:21   #6
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarap15sedoff View Post
They told me that a text can take 2 days to arrive so they have no control over it. I am pretty sure a few tweaks could be made so that you can receive these texts during sociable hours.

Just a text could be a serious text. My next door neighbour got a text from her daughter just before christmas saying that she was lost and drunk

I think most women would have the phone on and men would choose not to

Either way, it's hardly the end of the world. I don't think your statement about men and woman is right and I would disagree, I think men and woman both have their phones on overnight. Either way, if your phone is on silent under your pillow, or something. I hear / feel it just fine.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:37   #7
snowballs
Inactive

I know its not the end of the world but its something that i dont want happening if i leave my phone on.

All the same, to be told that payment was late from the bank because of a bank holiday and that was why my service was suspended is a bit petty and not very good customer relations is it?
Over about 15 years and 4 different providers VM is the only service where this has been a problem.

If it wasn't an issue then VM wouldn't tell me that they were looking into it as others had complained too. Whether or not they do anything to resolve it is another matter.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:47   #8
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Either way, your making a mountain out of mole hill
Old 05-01-2010, 13:05   #9
snowballs
Inactive

So suspending my service because the bank holiday meant a payment was late from the bank is not going a bit over the top? (remember it was VM that told me the bank holiday made the payment late)

I was hoping to get more constructive replies on here but i was obviously wrong.
Old 05-01-2010, 13:20   #10
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I can understand why it peed you off, can't understand why they were going to suspend your services just because one payment was late though?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 13:35   #11
snowballs
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I can understand why it peed you off, can't understand why they were going to suspend your services just because one payment was late though?
I knew there was someone here that would understand.

What made it worse was that when i asked why they had suspended the service i was told that the payment was late due to the bank holiday. They knew why it was late and still did it. That just made the mole hill bigger.
Old 05-01-2010, 14:03   #12
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
So suspending my service because the bank holiday meant a payment was late from the bank is not going a bit over the top? (remember it was VM that told me the bank holiday made the payment late)

I was hoping to get more constructive replies on here but i was obviously wrong.
Bank holiday "late" payment isn't VM's fault. This is the fault of your bank.
Old 05-01-2010, 14:14   #13
snowballs
Inactive

Quote:
Bank holiday "late" payment isn't VM's fault. This is the fault of your bank.
Its no ones fault really, just one of those things that happen in this country but a little bit of understanding from VM, especially as they knew why the payment was late, wouldn't go amiss.
Old 05-01-2010, 14:25   #14
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Its no ones fault really, just one of those things that happen in this country but a little bit of understanding from VM, especially as they knew why the payment was late, wouldn't go amiss.

hmm.. my answer to that is. Why, why should they? It's technically not their "problem" so why should they?
Old 05-01-2010, 14:33   #15
snowballs
Inactive

Quote:
hmm.. my answer to that is. Why, why should they? It's technically not their "problem" so why should they?

So them sending me a text at 2am to tell me my payment is late due to a bank holiday is not a breach of my privacy? I may have termed that wrong but you get the jist. Cold callers, i.e. are not allowed to call at your home or by phone during certain hours so i think the same would apply to VM.

If you are trying to wind me up it wont work btw