Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Direct Debit Theft

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Direct Debit Theft

Old 12-11-2012, 20:33   #31
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Direct Debit Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I have been reading this and thinking about what has happened to the OP. When a CSA quotes the Early cancellation fee it only covers the line rental and does not take in to any charges that will not be showing on the account (due to be shown on the next bill).

So when the OP has said "excessive" charges this is what could have transpired, due to the extra cost of the DD than the stated price?
However they still should have a bill detailing the charges before they were taken out - however the OP says they didn't

Quote:
Virginmedia later that month took out £367.90 from my bank a/c without notice.
Old 12-11-2012, 20:35   #32
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post

If the factual errors you have posted are anything to go by then it is a very good job you no longer work in the call center ,and i'll thank you to refrain from commenting on my job choice ,you know nothing of my skills ,experience or circumstances so do not ever attempt to insult me in that way again
It is a very good job that we no longer have to go down main street to the corral then for a builder/jobber as well, as you clearly have no idea that an Indemnity Claim is instantly back into your account the difference is I know more about banking than you can fit in your 10 gallon hat.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:40   #33
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
However they still should have a bill detailing the charges before they were taken out - however the OP says they didn't
We were advised (when i worked for O2) was for the customer to cancel the DD as f there was one pending it will be collected. They would get a revised bill 14 days after the cancellation / port date.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:42   #34
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Try taking your own advice.
Why not stop cyberstalking or are you still trying to Yan k my chain.
Old 12-11-2012, 20:43   #35
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We were advised (when i worked for O2) was for the customer to cancel the DD as f there was one pending it will be collected.They would get a revised bill 14 days after the cancellation / port date.
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything

The issue as far as I see it is that the amount taken was different to what was suggested, and that there was no notification of the amount - which is required by the D/D scheme as it is a variable amount

Whether is then a dispute of the amount is a different issue.
Old 12-11-2012, 20:49   #36
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything

The issue as far as I see it is that the amount taken was different to what was suggested, and that there was no notification of the amount - which is required by the D/D scheme as it is a variable amount

Whether is then a dispute of the amount is a different issue.
Sorry should have said that we were advised to to say that it is a guideline and will not show any call charges that will be pending, That is why we were told to tell the cust to cancel the DD and wait for the final bill.
Old 12-11-2012, 20:52   #37
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Sorry should have said that we were advised to to say that it is a guideline and will not show any call charges that will be pending, That is why we were told to tell the cust to cancel the DD and wait for the final bill.
But still, to take out an amount that you have not notified about within the notification period is not valid (unless it's a fixed amount) and the customer can correctly use an indemnity claim to get it back
Old 12-11-2012, 20:55   #38
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
But still, to take out an amount that you have not notified about within the notification period is not valid (unless it's a fixed amount) and the customer can correctly use an indemnity claim to get it back
Yes they can and I always told the customer about that as well. That is why I told customers to cancel the DD and wait for the final bill.

I was just trying to get across what could be the problem.
Old 12-11-2012, 20:56   #39
Rovimax
Inactive

Rovimax is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, your contributions have been quite informative and eye openning. One or two things happened during my quest. Firstly, this email address (neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk) does not work- my email postmaster kept returning emails to this address.
Secondly, I applied for Indemnity and I was given two contravening statements. The first bank staff told me VM could re-apply and take the money from my a/c without notifying me, and a second staff reassured me that they VM could not as the DD is cancelled. I am waiting to see what happens. Sorry for being slightly naive here. Thanks again guys.
Rovimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 21:00   #40
Peter_
Permanently Banned

You are correct the email address is neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk so it should work.
Old 12-11-2012, 21:00   #41
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Are you able to check your account still and see what the call charges were in regards to the cancellation fee that you were quoted?
Old 12-11-2012, 22:32   #42
Rovimax
Inactive

Rovimax is an unknown quantity at this point

All my calls o VM were supposed to be free. Thanks
Rovimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 10:15   #43
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovimax View Post
All my calls o VM were supposed to be free. Thanks
I didn't think that any supplier had a package where ALL calls are free.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 10:28   #44
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I didn't think that any supplier had a package where ALL calls are free.
Think that post was supposed to say 'to VM'