Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | call plan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

call plan

Old 04-02-2011, 20:51   #1
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
call plan

hi I get 200 minits 3000 texts and 1GB of internet for £20 a month can I listen to the radio will my call plan let me do this?. Or can I downlode a dab digtial radio app for my HTC desire?

Andrew
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2011, 20:55   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: call plan

It has inbuilt FM radio as standard which is free to use as with most modern handsets and I see no reason why you cannot download the DAB digital radio app as it will access the radio for free as well and has no impact on your phone contract in any way.

Click the link and read the technical stuff and you will see FM radio listed.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewH...ringId=5568094
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 22:00   #3
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there is an FM radio but I want a 2 downlode Adab radio can I get this from the Android market?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 22:04   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No you can't as the Desire doesn't have the hardware in it to receive DAB
Old 05-02-2011, 06:14   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No you can't as the Desire doesn't have the hardware in it to receive DAB
There you go Andrew so you will just have to use the inbuilt radio which is free to use.
Old 05-02-2011, 13:51   #6
jimpy0
Permanently Banned

jimpy0 is infamous around these partsjimpy0 is infamous around these parts

Why give Virgin £20.00 a month for that when you can get better from Giffgaff for a tenner.
jimpy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 14:53   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpy0 View Post
Why give Virgin £20.00 a month for that when you can get better from Giffgaff for a tenner.
A bit of clarity would help as to what on earth you are on about because this is a thread about getting FM radio on a HTC Desire.
Old 05-02-2011, 19:02   #8
jimpy0
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I get 200 minits 3000 texts and 1GB of internet for £20 a month
150/250 mins, ultd txts, and unltd data £10.00 plus free GG to GG minutes and an exreeeeemy generous payback package.
Old 05-02-2011, 19:26   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

But I assume no free phone?

Virgin offer their customers exactly the same for £10.21 a month if you get SIMO tariff

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...sim-offer.html
Old 05-02-2011, 20:25   #10
jimpy0
Permanently Banned

Quote:
But I assume no free phone?

Virgin offer their customers exactly the same for £10.21 a month if you get SIMO tariff

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...sim-offer.html
the link does NOT say you get UNLIMITED data, which you do with GG so no comparison
Old 05-02-2011, 21:40   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Fair enough. Glad you are happy with your choice of provider. As I am with mine

So can GiffGaff allow a Desire to recieve DAB radio, as that was what this thread was about?
Old 05-02-2011, 22:09   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpy0 View Post
the link does NOT say you get UNLIMITED data, which you do with GG so no comparison
I take that you did not read the small print over the Unlimited Data offer then.

Quote:
Free Mobile Internet:
You lucky giffgaff pioneers can even enjoy free UK mobile Internet up to the 28 FEB 2011. After that date, mobile Internet will be charged at 50p a day (if you use less than 2.5MB/day you'll pay less than 50p and if you go over 30MB you'll be charged extra at 20p/MB). But all our goodybags that include unlimited Internet will continue including unlimited Internet after the 28 FEB 2011.
http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing
Old 05-02-2011, 22:11   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I take that you did not read the small print over the Unlimited Data offer then.

http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing
Not to want to side with the non-Virgin customers here but the £10 tariff includes a 'goodybag' so isn't affected
Old 05-02-2011, 22:50   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Not to want to side with the non-Virgin customers here but the £10 tariff includes a 'goodybag' so isn't affected
Yes I have seen that but I am wondering how free it is as they have no more information on the site over the free data apart from saying its free in a goodybag, I would have expected a bit more information so maybe I am just a bit to suspicious.
Old 05-02-2011, 23:46   #15
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

You can probably download an internet radio app, which will use your internet quota.

Alternatively http://www.yourmuze.fm/welcome web app (used to be called Moodio.fm) which compresses streams further, to a format supported by many phones.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote