Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 03-11-2016, 15:13   #901
Spaceboyo
Inactive

Spaceboyo is on a distinguished roadSpaceboyo is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, how did you acquire this box? Were you one of the testers? Or is it just that you work for Virgin Media?

Don't work for Virgin, just one of the lucky ones according to email received, engineer installed his first one yesterday, but only installing one today, so guessing it's a soft rollout of the product before big launch at end of month.

What are your impressions? Is there a picture based main menu like Sky's? Is it slick and fast? What is the price of the 1TB and the 2TB?

As a Sky convert I'm as happy as you can be, an hour into having it, the V6 is as quick as Sky box, if not quicker. No idea on price as didn't ask for it and therefore got it for same as usual 1TB TiVo, not aware of 2TB as this is a 1TB box

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
Really interested to know how you've managed to get hold of one
It would seem DCX model numbers belong to Arris (they purchased Pace earlier this year)

Arris confirmed, they make the Hub 3.0 as well, if fact the V6 and Hub 3.0 look very very similar, same size as well.

If that's right then the new boxes are built by Pace rather than Cisco and Samsung (so a company who's got a good track record of Sat/Cable boxes)
Spaceboyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2016, 15:17   #902
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Are you able to post any pics, I'm guessing as a paying customer / none beta tester you won't be covered by an NDA
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 15:38   #903
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboyo View Post
Have V6 as main box and 1TB Tivo as other.

V6 is very responsive, moves through guides/channels very fast.

Remote slightly smaller than normal Tivo one, but heavier.

Platform is called DCX960
Software is 20.5.8.RC8-VMB-11C68

120hours HD Recording (1TB)
This comes up after searching for DCX960 http://www.arris.com/products/dcx3600m/

Are you able to take your programmes elsewhere like you can with Sky Q?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-11-2016 at 15:45.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 15:46   #904
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the link, it might give a few clues as to what features the V6 may have.
1TB
6 Tuners

these jump out.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 15:48   #905
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

For someone who supposedly is on his way to Sky pretty soon Richard you seem to developed a keen avid interest in Virgin Media's new V6 STB who according to many of your latest posts were apparently the real pits as a company.
Old 03-11-2016, 15:50   #906
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

Pictures of the front and rear would be nice?
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 15:56   #907
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland View Post
Now now we certainly don't want page 3 on this friendly family forum.
Old 03-11-2016, 15:57   #908
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Now now we certainly don't want page 3 on this friendly family forum.
hahaha, that did make me laugh, Den

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 03-11-2016 at 16:04.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 16:05   #909
Spaceboyo
Inactive

Pic of remotes, showing difference in size for new smaller V6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remotes.jpg (815.8 KB, 130 views)
Old 03-11-2016, 16:06   #910
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Virgin Media to launch 4K TiVo box on 30 November....

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1384...on-30-november
Not sure that was a wise post Den. Some of our more enthusiastic posters have bought their tents and are camping outside the venue already.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 16:09   #911
Spaceboyo
Inactive

Guide - Only difference I see is the channel logos rather than just names as on normal TiVo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guide.jpg (864.5 KB, 151 views)
Old 03-11-2016, 16:13   #912
Spaceboyo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland View Post
Pics of the box not needed as it looks just like the link from Virgin themself

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/camp...soon-faqs.html
Old 03-11-2016, 16:13   #913
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
For someone who supposedly is on his way to Sky pretty soon Richard you seem to developed a keen avid interest in Virgin Media's new V6 STB who according to many of your latest posts were apparently the real pits as a company.
I am a long standing customer of 17 years, with a fair bit of control over whether VM can continue to supply services to other properties (both residential & business).

After having enough of the TiVo last Sunday and with my window to cancel nearing expiration, I decided to cancel.

No attempt whatsoever was made to keep me, which after all the money that I have channelled their way, I found to be insulting.

I spoke to a manager at a charity do last Sunday who has promised to look into this after saying that "it doesn't appear to be a very satisfactory situation for either party".

Despite telling them that if they want any equipment back that they would be required to pick it up themselves at my convenience, I received a text the following day saying that they would be sending some packaging for me to send the equipment back! Sheer inept impertinence in my book; it's almost as if they are going out of their way to annoy me and are effectively saying if youre going, get gone.

Today I received a courtesy call from someone who said that she would be looking into the way that I have been treated and my concerns about the call centre employee that took the call.

In addition, more information has come to light with regards as to when the new box will be available.

If VM redeem themselves and offer something tangible by way of an apology, I am open to reconsidering my cancellation as I am not an unreasonable man.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 16:14   #914
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Not sure that was a wise post Den. Some of our more enthusiastic posters have bought their tents and are camping outside the venue already.
l wonder whether our usual trusty doomsayers have joined that queue as well Andrew.
Old 03-11-2016, 16:19   #915
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
l wonder whether our usual trusty doomsayers have joined that queue as well Andrew.
I suspect they're still in a state of bewilderment after this and the Amazon App in the space of days.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote