Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NAT's

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NAT's

Old 17-05-2010, 12:23   #31
Dexstroyer
Inactive

Services: V+ XL TV home phone + 3 Virgin Mobiles & 50MB Broadband Happy with the lot!
Dexstroyer is on a distinguished roadDexstroyer is on a distinguished road
Re: NAT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polizcy View Post
Its quiet simple.

1. Disable any DMZ - Demiltarized Zones
2. Disable any ports you've tried to forward regarding xboxs.
3. Ensure both xboxs are coupled up to the router using an ethernet cable
4. Assign static ip addresses to each xbox e.g.

Xbox 1 Info: IP - 192.168.1.134
Subnet - Automatic (usually 255.255.255.0)
Gateway - 192.168.1.1 (or your routers ip)

Xbox 2 Info: IP - 192.168.1.88
Subnet - Automatic (usually 255.255.255.0)
Gateway - 192.168.1.1 (or your routers ip)

Once their assigned. Test connection to xbox live. If all is successful have fun online! Else proceed to step 5.

5. Log into your router configuration page. (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 varys from router models)

6. Portforward the necessary ports to each individual ip address. (see portforward.com for your router model and the ports needed to forward.
This wont work, static or dynamic just makes the device easier to find, I have even tried the IP address reservation by MAC address,

Turn DMZ, also tried this, and port forwarding & or port triggering can only port forward 53, 80, 88 & 3074 to one IP address, as does my inadequate UPNP feature on my router

The basis of this working is down to the UPNP feature working correctly which is what the guys on here say,
So providing you use a certified router with approved firmware it will work "out of the box" without the need for extra configuration; I have yet to purchase one or flash my Dlink 615, if it will let me.

Not saying your solution above wouldnt work for someone else but not for me,

Thanks for the post
Dexstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2010, 16:59   #32
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I can't try them as I don't have two Xboxes, but there are instructions on configuring DD-WRT and Tomato firmware based routers to enable two Xboxes in the same connection at http://jakebillo.com/two-xboxes-one-...-wrt-or-tomato

To see if your router is compatible with dd-wrt (and download it if it is), go to http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index, click "router database" and type the model number in to the search box.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 12:40   #33
Dexstroyer
Inactive

Services: V+ XL TV home phone + 3 Virgin Mobiles & 50MB Broadband Happy with the lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I can't try them as I don't have two Xboxes, but there are instructions on configuring DD-WRT and Tomato firmware based routers to enable two Xboxes in the same connection at http://jakebillo.com/two-xboxes-one-...-wrt-or-tomato

To see if your router is compatible with dd-wrt (and download it if it is), go to http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index, click "router database" and type the model number in to the search box.
Cheers for that Stuart, but now I read it I wonder If I can merely assign the MAC address reservation section of my router to hand out the same IP address to each machine every time?
This would mean not having to assign statip IP adddresses as the site says

"If you set static addresses, your connection will be listed as "Moderate" NAT for at least one of your consoles"

"In essence, it lets you provide a MAC address for a computer or other Ethernet-enabled device. When the network card in question attempts to get a DHCP lease for an IP address, the Static DHCP table takes over and will always assign the same IP address to the same device. This process has all the benefits of setting a static address, without having to change Windows or console settings"

So am I right in thinking this is the same as the address reservation is the same thing, and do you think UPNP would be best on or off?
Old 18-05-2010, 12:55   #34
Dexstroyer
Inactive

Please see attached page from my routers section of this,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PG 49.pdf (274.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 18-05-2010, 15:11   #35
Dexstroyer
Inactive

Gonna try this tonight so will post results later tonight,
Old 02-08-2010, 19:06   #36
Dexstroyer
Inactive

Just to update should anyone be interested,

I was unable to get my router to have multiple Xbox 360's online with open NAT's......

I decided to replace my router for a DLINK 655 after receiving good advice from here
http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co....dir-655-review

This product worked striaght out of the box once I had loaded the correct microsoft certified firmware,

DeX