Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 28-09-2015, 21:27   #316
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
re: Virgin Media 70, 100 & 200 Mb Upgrades

so let me take a guess and say the new tiers are 100, 150 and 200. I thought 300 was a bit optimistic without dishing out 16 channel modems first.

Tbh though, I am less interested about the finer details of the speeds and more interesting about when we are going to get them (realisitically)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2015, 21:27   #317
MagicUK
Inactive

MagicUK is on a distinguished roadMagicUK is on a distinguished road

80mbs 160mbs 240mbs?
MagicUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 21:32   #318
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
You don't need to tell me I already know! Just wondering what dept you're in?
Access planning
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 21:34   #319
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicUK View Post
80mbs 160mbs 240mbs?
I don't think so. What you have got to think about is that despite the speed doubling and other upgrades, the last increases for the top tier have been marginal at 100 - 120 - 150. Going from 150 to 300 would have been a massive leap and I think going to 200 is more inline with what we have seen in the past and definitely more realistic for an 8 channel modem. I expect VM have done it so they can pace themselves and leave a bit of wiggle room for next year. Upgrade to 200 now, 300 next year with shub3/16 channels and then move on to 500mbits with docsis3.1 in 2017.
Old 28-09-2015, 21:46   #320
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
so let me take a guess and say the new tiers are 100, 150 and 200. )
Very close

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicUK View Post
80mbs 160mbs 240mbs?
No

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Quote:
So Pierre, are you staff?
Yes

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Quote:
You don't need to tell me I already know! Just wondering what dept you're in?
I like to keep my anonimity, but it's network related.
Old 28-09-2015, 21:57   #321
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I didn't realise it was a secret

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Lets hope this is the death of the SuperHub1. Its not fit for purpose now when the speeds go up its will be more useless
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 22:02   #322
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

are there any standalone modems still on the network?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 22:05   #323
General Maximus
Ran Away

Amen to that. There is no way shub1 can handle the wireless throughput and VM are jyst digging themselves a hole. Everyone will be ringing up asking why they cant get their new speed.
Old 28-09-2015, 22:08   #324
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

I like to keep my anonimity, but it's network related.
Nice. I prefer to remain anon, well location wise anyway. I'm a Network engineer. My username was set up in my Service Tech days.
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 22:16   #325
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Nice. I prefer to remain anon, well location wise anyway. I'm a Network engineer. My username was set up in my Service Tech days.
There is a lot of us as well
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 22:18   #326
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
is all i am going to say.
Oh this is going to be good.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 00:28   #327
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Oh this is going to be good.
Sounds more like it's going to be a let down judging by the nudge nudge wink wink posts... We'll see I suppose.
Old 29-09-2015, 00:34   #328
johnholmes
Inactive

johnholmes is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1354...s-from-october

Quote:
Virgin Media Vivid 200Mbps broadband will be available to customers from October

Virgin Media is to up the speed of its top level broadband to 200Mbps and offer customers the opportunity to upgrade starting on 1 October.
The company has also branded its ultrafast broadband services Vivid. All broadband from 100Mbps and up will be termed Vivid. For example, Vivid 150Mbps and Vivid 200Mbps.
Customers on existing packages will be given the chance to upgrade their speeds through an opt-in program. Those on 50Mbps, 100Mbps or 152Mbps can upgrade to speeds of up to 70Mbps, 150Mbps and 200Mbps respectively.
All speed upgrades will be free to existing customers.
The upgrades will be available to 90 per cent of Virgin Media customers by the end of 2015, the rest by June 2016. The company is also investing £3 billion in connecting four million more homes and businesses around the country to ultrafast broadband speeds.
"Our message is simple: if you want to be certain that you are signing up to true ultrafast broadband speeds of 100Mbps and above, Vivid from Virgin Media is the new standard," said Gregor McNeil, the firm's managing director of consumer.
"The speed of a customer’s broadband connection matters; when you have more you can do more."
The news comes as it was announced that rumoured Vodafone interest in acquiring Virgin Media from parent company Liberty Global has died down.

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

New speeds confirmed as 70, 150 and 200.

Also the top tiers are being branded 'Vivid'

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1354...s-from-october
johnholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 00:42   #329
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

All I can say is........ Bollocks! Now confused as to where 100,200,300 came from!
Old 29-09-2015, 00:48   #330
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

Meh. A modest 'free' bump accompanied by a price rise. All the more of an anti-climax after the widely rumoured 100/200/300. If that's accurate it's a pretty flaccid balloon, especially after the public wifi hotspot vapourware.