Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 06-05-2016, 16:54   #91
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
Again, really the only channel here that has new content worthy of having is Sky Atlantic. The rest are mainly repeat channels, and I've removed the +1 channels because they're not exactly necessary. HD channels are always good to have of course, not faulting that suggestion, although again really the only one of any worth is Universal Channel HD.

One in that list that I do think would be a good addition is Horse & Country TV. Not because I'm interested in that subject myself, but because it is serving a niche that other channels aren't.

AMC isn't coming anytime soon. That's a BT exclusive.
I'd like Horse & Country too. It disappeared from my Freesat box, so I assumed it had closed down.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2016, 16:59   #92
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Again, really the only channel here that has new content worthy of having is Sky Atlantic.

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 17:23   #93
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo1 View Post
Channels I would like to see coming to virgin media
Are
Universal channel HD
E! HD
CI HD
Disney HD
Disney junior HD
Disney XD HD
History HD
CI + 1
Disney Jr+ 1
Nick Jr + 1
AMC HD
Amc
Spike
5 star+ 1
Pop
Po+ 1
Tru tv
Tru TV + 1
Sky one + 1
Pick + 1
Kix!!
Kix+1
Sony TV + 1
Movies 4 men
Movies 4 men + 1
Sony movies
Sony movies + 1
True drama
True movies 2
Horse and country
Tiny pop + 1
Your TV
Your TV +1
ITV encore
Itv encore HD
Itv encore + 1
Sky atlatinc
Sky altantinc HD
Sky Atlantic + 1
Food network + 1
Travel channel + 1
Not sure I share your desire to want or see that channel....
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 20:35   #94
andrewstevenson

Here is a sky question they say in a review

" There's plenty of space to store all your "I'll watch that later" shows too. Internal storage is up to 2TB, five times more space than the old Sky+ boxes. Or, in other terms, enough space for hundreds of films and more TV shows than you could possibly ever have time to watch."

But my mum has a 2tb sky box don't make sense
Old 06-05-2016, 20:54   #95
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post

" There's plenty of space to store all your "I'll watch that later" shows too. Internal storage is up to 2TB, five times more space than the old Sky+ boxes. Or, in other terms, enough space for hundreds of films and more TV shows than you could possibly ever have time to watch."

Has your Mum got an up to date Sky+ box as opposed to an old Sky+ box?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 21:16   #96
dodo1
Inactive

dodo1 is on a distinguished roaddodo1 is on a distinguished road

Plus 1 channels can be helpful
Mine top 18 channels out of this list
Are
5star + 1 and Spike
Universal channel HD,,E! + 1 and E Hd
Pop and pop +1
Kix! And Kix ! + 1
Sony movies and sony movies +
Movies 4 men and movies 4 men +1
True drama and true movies 2
Horse and country and lifetime +1missed this off the list
Sky one +1 and pick +1

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Mine other 6 channels
Are Disney channel HD,Disney Xd HD,Disney Jr +1 and Disney Jr Hd,nick Jr+ 1,tiny pop + 1
dodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 21:43   #97
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post

Poor journalism it happens all the time.

Sky+HD standard and Sky+HD 2TB

Sky Q 1TB or Sky Q Silver 2TB
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 21:44   #98
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

The enthusiasm among the group is incredible. I thought I was the only one who had high hopes for VM's future.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 21:49   #99
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Again, really the only channel here that has new content worthy of having is Sky Atlantic. The rest are mainly repeat channels, and I've removed the +1 channels because they're not exactly necessary. HD channels are always good to have of course, not faulting that suggestion, although again really the only one of any worth is Universal Channel HD.

One in that list that I do think would be a good addition is Horse & Country TV. Not because I'm interested in that subject myself, but because it is serving a niche that other channels aren't.

AMC isn't coming anytime soon. That's a BT exclusive.
more chance of snowing in hell forever than sky given anyone that they dont want noone to have it
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 21:53   #100
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Has your Mum got an up to date Sky+ box as opposed to an old Sky+ box?
She got the 2tb Sky HD box in June 2014

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Poor journalism it happens all the time.

Sky+HD standard and Sky+HD 2TB

Sky Q 1TB or Sky Q Silver 2TB
They should say 5 times storage of old sky + but the same storage as your favourite sky 2tb box
Old 06-05-2016, 21:59   #101
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'd like Horse & Country too. It disappeared from my Freesat box, so I assumed it had closed down.
Thanks to some culling of trees behind my house, I now have Freesat too. You should be able to add H&C manually as I have (11568V, 22000 SR 5/6 FEC).
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 22:19   #102
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
more chance of snowing in hell forever than sky given anyone that they dont want noone to have it
I mean, it's been 5 years. I imagine anyone who desperately wanted it has either left for Sky or uses Now TV in addition to a Virgin subscription.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 22:23   #103
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I mean, it's been 5 years. I imagine anyone who desperately wanted it has either left for Sky or uses Now TV in addition to a Virgin subscription.
It's not just about attracting new customers it's also about retaining the ones they have especially in a really competitive market.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 23:44   #104
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's not just about attracting new customers it's also about retaining the ones they have especially in a really competitive market.
Oh I'm not saying Virgin shouldn't be actively pursuing it; I'm just speaking from a consumer perspective.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:11   #105
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Oh I'm not saying Virgin shouldn't be actively pursuing it; I'm just speaking from a consumer perspective.
Yes, Virgin should be seeking a solution. But having given away their content, they have nothing to bargain with.

Hopefully, that will start to change soon.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote