Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 05-05-2016, 13:51   #76
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not in a month of Sunday's my dear chap.
As you're so confident on this care to bet your hat on it?
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2016, 14:15   #77
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
WWE Network has been mentioned to us again as coming to vm tv this year, wether true or not we do not know.
Do VM customers not have access to this already? I know a mate of mine pays £10 a month and he has Virgin TV or can you watch online too?
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 14:19   #78
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
As you're so confident on this care to bet your hat on it?
Hats are not very popular in our household.
Old 05-05-2016, 14:20   #79
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
It's a waste of time. Everytime Ive tried to change something it tells me on the next page to phone up.
Which is exactly what I fed back to them.
If you don't tell them then they don't know what to change.

I said every time I have tried to do something online it either isn't possible or that when it is it doesn't work for me and says something like we can't change your account at this time please call.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 15:07   #80
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Do VM customers not have access to this already? I know a mate of mine pays £10 a month and he has Virgin TV or can you watch online too?
You subscribe to WWE online at the moment or through apps on smart tvs and boxes, as far as i know only ROGERS in Canada have the WWE Network as a subscription on their cable pvr boxes.
Old 05-05-2016, 15:33   #81
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
Here you go. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...p/3101399#M526

It clearly looks like they are trying to gauge for a more online offering for signing up or reducing services or just any changes in general.
Thanks- just done the survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No differences on Virgin Media UK areas (NTL & Telewest) since September 6th 2013:

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...-channels.html
Cheers- I never realised that they had been aligned.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 16:55   #82
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You subscribe to WWE online at the moment or through apps on smart tvs and boxes, as far as i know only ROGERS in Canada have the WWE Network as a subscription on their cable pvr boxes.
Guess we'll have to see if it arrives on VM. It's the sort of app they've been going after recently.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 17:32   #83
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Guess we'll have to see if it arrives on VM. It's the sort of app they've been going after recently.
I doubt it will launch on virgin for a good reason. The bloody PPV because sky make a good deal of profit, and virgin make some money. So if the existing die hard PPV customers move over to WWE Network then sky and virgin lose money. Well sky would just put up there channels to cover PPV loses therefore hurting none PPV customers and for Virgin as in the words of Stephanie and triple H, that is not what is "best for business ". If you remember sky fought wwe because originally wwe was going to show up to date raw and snack down. Sky stood there ground and that's why it's 4 weeks behind with episodes and originally sky was wanting it on there boxes but I think it was £12.99 a month so can't see it happening, unless Virgin does a deal to protect sky pricing
Old 05-05-2016, 22:48   #84
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I doubt it will launch on virgin for a good reason. The bloody PPV because sky make a good deal of profit, and virgin make some money. So if the existing die hard PPV customers move over to WWE Network then sky and virgin lose money. Well sky would just put up there channels to cover PPV loses therefore hurting none PPV customers and for Virgin as in the words of Stephanie and triple H, that is not what is "best for business ". If you remember sky fought wwe because originally wwe was going to show up to date raw and snack down. Sky stood there ground and that's why it's 4 weeks behind with episodes and originally sky was wanting it on there boxes but I think it was £12.99 a month so can't see it happening, unless Virgin does a deal to protect sky pricing
Not quite as WWE Network is global, sky have no say on it at all, wwe network already shows every ppv live, the reason raw and smackdow aren't live on the network is because WWE get bigmoney from usa network, sky etc so it'd be silly to put them live on the network, this may all change though when contracts come to a end.
SKY has nxt WWE network shows that live.
WWE Network is £9.99p/m regardless of what SKY,VM want.
Old 05-05-2016, 22:59   #85
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Not quite as WWE Network is global, sky have no say on it at all, wwe network already shows every ppv live, the reason raw and smackdow aren't live on the network is because WWE get bigmoney from usa network, sky etc so it'd be silly to put them live on the network, this may all change though when contracts come to a end.
SKY has nxt WWE network shows that live.
WWE Network is £9.99p/m regardless of what SKY,VM want.
Hi no disrespect intended but wwe network was delayed in uk over sky, by nearly 6 months. In America there is no delay of raw and smackdown just U.K. Sky did try get some sort of uk exclusive
Old 06-05-2016, 00:17   #86
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Hi no disrespect intended but wwe network was delayed in uk over sky, by nearly 6 months. In America there is no delay of raw and smackdown just U.K. Sky did try get some sort of uk exclusive
RAW and smackdow is indeed delayed in the USA on the network, i know this as i use a usa vpn/address for wwe network.
My apologies too you are indeed correct WWE Network was delayed in the uk due to SKYs contract, but now SKY have no say at all as far as i'm aware.
I was with WWE Network from the day it launched in USA and RAW and Smackdown has always had a 4 week delay, most likely due to it being on USA network, well at the time Smackdown was on syfy but now it's on USA network along with RAW.
Old 06-05-2016, 14:03   #87
dodo1
Inactive

dodo1 is on a distinguished roaddodo1 is on a distinguished road

Channels I would like to see coming to virgin media
Are
Universal channel HD
E! HD
CI HD
Disney HD
Disney junior HD
Disney XD HD
History HD
CI + 1
Disney Jr+ 1
Nick Jr + 1
AMC HD
Amc
Spike
5 star+ 1
Pop
Po+ 1
Tru tv
Tru TV + 1
Sky one + 1
Pick + 1
Kix!!
Kix+1
Sony TV + 1
Movies 4 men
Movies 4 men + 1
Sony movies
Sony movies + 1
True drama
True movies 2
Horse and country
Tiny pop + 1
Your TV
Your TV +1
ITV encore
Itv encore HD
Itv encore + 1
Sky atlatinc
Sky altantinc HD
Sky Atlantic + 1
Food network + 1
Travel channel + 1
dodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 14:13   #88
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo1 View Post
Channels I would like to see coming to virgin media
Are
Universal channel HD
E! HD
CI HD
Disney HD
Disney junior HD
Disney XD HD
History HD
CI + 1
Disney Jr+ 1
Nick Jr + 1
AMC HD
Amc
Spike
5 star+ 1
Pop
Po+ 1
Tru tv
Tru TV + 1
Sky one + 1
Pick + 1
Kix!!
Kix+1
Sony TV + 1
Movies 4 men
Movies 4 men + 1
Sony movies
Sony movies + 1
True drama
True movies 2
Horse and country
Tiny pop + 1
Your TV
Your TV +1
ITV encore
Itv encore HD
Itv encore + 1
Sky atlatinc
Sky altantinc HD
Sky Atlantic + 1
Food network + 1
Travel channel + 1
and how much extra are you prepared to pay for them?
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 14:14   #89
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Wow you certainly have high hopes dodo and as for what l would be prepared to pay well that would depend on which of those channels arrived.
Old 06-05-2016, 14:48   #90
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo1 View Post
Universal Channel HD
E! HD
CI HD
Disney Channel HD
Disney Junior HD
Disney XD HD
History HD
AMC HD

AMC
Spike
Pop
truTV
Kix!
movies4men
Sony Movies
True Drama
True Movies 2
Horse & Country TV
YourTV
ITV Encore
ITV Encore HD
Sky Atlantic
Sky Atlantic HD
Again, really the only channel here that has new content worthy of having is Sky Atlantic. The rest are mainly repeat channels, and I've removed the +1 channels because they're not exactly necessary. HD channels are always good to have of course, not faulting that suggestion, although again really the only one of any worth is Universal Channel HD.

One in that list that I do think would be a good addition is Horse & Country TV. Not because I'm interested in that subject myself, but because it is serving a niche that other channels aren't.

AMC isn't coming anytime soon. That's a BT exclusive.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote