Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 09-06-2016, 16:46   #796
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
* Not a smart TV ? on mine is a app for Now Tv

Yes it's a smart TV mate, but doesn't have the Now TV app, I think only LG TV's have the Now TV app.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2016, 16:53   #797
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes as far as l know it is only LG TV's that have the Now TV app.
Old 09-06-2016, 16:59   #798
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

If your wanting Now TV specifically for a box and the Entertainment Pass this seems an ok offer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...6kL&ref=plSrch
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 17:04   #799
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Thanks MM, I may wait till the New Now TV box is released at the end of June, what i'm mostly concerned about is being able to catch up on the shows from Billions and Game of Thrones, I wont be going ahead with it if I can't watch these shows from the first episode of Billions and the first episode of Game of Thrones Season six.
Old 09-06-2016, 18:46   #800
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Yes it's a smart TV mate, but doesn't have the Now TV app, I think only LG TV's have the Now TV app.
I have the John Lewis 4K tv made by LG and the Now tv app is on there
Old 09-06-2016, 19:30   #801
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
They are announcing a new Now TV box on the 29th June. It is meant to be 4K and based on the Roku 4. They have said it will offer more channels including those on Freeview, but its unclear if it will have a tuner or if it will use IPTV for those channels as well.
I wonder if this is why there are lots of offers around at the moment to get rid of the old stock??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 19:38   #802
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thanks MM, I may wait till the New Now TV box is released at the end of June, what i'm mostly concerned about is being able to catch up on the shows from Billions and Game of Thrones, I wont be going ahead with it if I can't watch these shows from the first episode of Billions and the first episode of Game of Thrones Season six.
Billions is available until August. GOT season 6 ep 1-3 no longer available, ep 4 has five days left
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 19:43   #803
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

I don't think I will be bothering with Now TV, I just looked in on their forum and lots of people are complaining that they cannot watch the beginning of some shows, for instance if you joined now to watch G.O.T season six, you'd miss the very first episode as it has expired, that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Billions is available until August. GOT season 6 ep 1-3 no longer available, ep 4 has five days left

So why is Billions available until August when it first aired in January, yet you cannot watch G.O.T newest series and it started in April?
Old 09-06-2016, 19:52   #804
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
if you joined now to watch G.O.T season six, you'd miss the very first episode as it has expired, that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot!
Agreed, considering the amount of money Sky paid HBO, they should have the rights to ALL back episodes and season. Services like HBO Nordic have all episodes.

But because Sky have the rights until 2020, the chances of a similar service are zero for the UK.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Quote:

So why is Billions available until August when it first aired in January, yet you cannot watch G.O.T newest series and it started in April?
Sky didn't start to air Billions until a few weeks ago. Also, I think Billions is a Showtime show, not HBO; the deal with Showtime is probably different
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 19:55   #805
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Agreed, considering the amount of money Sky paid HBO, they should have the rights to ALL back episodes and season. Services like HBO Nordic have all episodes.

But because Sky have the rights until 2020, the chances of a similar service are zero for the UK.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Sky didn't start to air Billions until a few weeks ago. Also, I think Billions is a Showtime show, not HBO; the deal with Showtime is probably different

Absolutely ridiculous that ppl have to go to all this trouble to try and watch some decent shows, all because the money grabbers cannot agree amongst themselves to do a deal, and make the content available for those who wish to view it without forcing them to join Sky, really makes me mad!
Old 09-06-2016, 21:35   #806
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Does anybody have any updates on Tru TV? It was reported here that it was testing off the EPG, how long do these tests take? I would like to be able to record America's Got Talent when it starts on the 16th
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 22:03   #807
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Absolutely ridiculous that ppl have to go to all this trouble to try and watch some decent shows, all because the money grabbers cannot agree amongst themselves to do a deal, and make the content available for those who wish to view it without forcing them to join Sky, really makes me mad!
The fragmentation is likely to continue. Winners are consumers who want niche channels, losers are consumers who want lots of content from many different providers.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 22:30   #808
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
Does anybody have any updates on Tru TV? It was reported here that it was testing off the EPG, how long do these tests take? I would like to be able to record America's Got Talent when it starts on the 16th
Still no confirmed launch date for Tru TV appearing on Virgin Media UK.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 22:42   #809
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I simply cannot understand why VM doesn't give customers a choice of channels. I know for a fact that there are more True channels, than we have.

I know that when VM took over the Cable network on the Isle Of Wight (I think it was IOW) The network had True channels, that wasn't on the VM network here
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 22:59   #810
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I simply cannot understand why VM doesn't give customers a choice of channels. I know for a fact that there are more True channels, than we have.

I know that when VM took over the Cable network on the Isle Of Wight (I think it was IOW) The network had True channels, that wasn't on the VM network here
The only cable companies VM have taken over have been UPC in Ireland and Smallworld in NW England and Scotland. It's possible that Smallworld had the True channels but they had fewer channels than VM and did not have BT Sport. (I appreciate that UPC was owned by LGI which also owned VM but VM did assume management of UPC Ireland.)
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote