Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:50   #211
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

So basically there doing what all other pay TV channels do put repeats on during the day , thanks for highlighting the bloomin obvious
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51   #212
Rise
Inactive

Rise is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
So basically there doing what all other pay TV channels do put repeats on during the day , thanks for highlighting the bloomin obvious
Speaking about the quality of the programming, not the fact they repeat the same 3 programs all day, everyday.
(Well technically more if you include Voyager/Enterprise), looking at todays schedule, you're in for a treat with ER, Star Trek and the X Files till 8pm =/ Says it all, as said, HBO stuff aside, Sky Atlantic sucks.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:16   #213
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise View Post
Speaking about the quality of the programming, not the fact they repeat the same 3 programs all day, everyday.
(Well technically more if you include Voyager/Enterprise), looking at todays schedule, you're in for a treat with ER, Star Trek and the X Files till 8pm =/ Says it all, as said, HBO stuff aside, Sky Atlantic sucks.
As I've said pretty much the same scenario is repeated on most pay TV channels , wasn't the PVR invented for this kind of thing so you could record your favourite show off each channel and avoid the dross. I'm sure many people love and watch Star Trek I'm not one of them, but thats the beauty of multichannel TV CHOICE. Most of my spare daytime TV viewing is spent watching time shifted recordings off the PVR.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18   #214
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Now Premier Sports also has NHL and full HNIC I would be delighted if VM did a carriage deal with them as I really miss my Ice Hockey Fix. I did post this question on VM's facebook page ,but as expected they had no new info.
Maybe the carriage deal for Premier Sports launching on Virgin taking so long is due to this guy being part of PS?

Quote:
Premier Sports was formed in 2009 by the Irish businessman Michael O'Rourke, a part owner of Setanta Sports Channel Ireland Limited. The channel initially focussed on broadcasting sporting events which had not been available in Great Britain since the collapse of Setanta Sports GB on 22 June 2009 and were not picked up by rival sports broadcasters such as ESPN and Sky Sports but are available through Setanta in Ireland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Sports

Or maybe for all we know Premier Sports wants to join the XL Package but with it owners being part of Setanta Sports UK Virgin wants viewers to pay extra if they want this channel.

But as far as I know ''Talks are ongoing''.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21   #215
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Personally if new channels being tested,hope one of em is universal hd.cant understand why its taking so long !!!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22   #216
gcampbell
Inactive

Services: Sky + HD
gcampbell is on a distinguished roadgcampbell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise View Post
What are you wanting - first run, non-repeat programming 24/7?? No channel does that!

"HBO stuff aside, Sky Atlantic sucks"

HBO stuff included, Sky Atlantic does not suck. The fact is that HBO drama is miles ahead of it's competition in writing, acting and production values.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27   #217
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Rumours have been rife that Virgin would axe Current TV. It turns out it's SKY that's giving them the chop:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...tv?INTCMP=SRCH
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30   #218
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Personally if new channels being tested,hope one of em is universal hd.cant understand why its taking so long
Yeah it is rather annoying, it'd be nice to watch Psych in HD.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:32   #219
gcampbell
Inactive

Services: Sky + HD
gcampbell is on a distinguished roadgcampbell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Rumours have been rife that Virgin would axe Current TV. It turns out it's SKY that's giving them the chop:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...tv?INTCMP=SRCH
Not gonna be enough to make me change my mind re jumping ship - I reckon I've only watched this channel about twice since it started.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37   #220
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcampbell View Post
Not gonna be enough to make me change my mind re jumping ship - I reckon I've only watched this channel about twice since it started.
Me too however some people didn't seem too happy in the past couple of months when it was suggested Virgin would drop the channel. It now appears the chanel, after being dropped by SKy, has no future. Ultimitely, based on the info provided in the Guardian, the channel will probably vanish from Virgin in March too.

It's crazy how SKY alone can pretty much make or break a channel.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37   #221
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Talks have alegedly been ongoing for 18 months now so i think this is rubbish and that its nopt going to appear ever. Its funny how Premier sports constantly make cheap shots at virgin media on twitter. If talks were on going why would they do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Maybe the carriage deal for Premier Sports launching on Virgin taking so long is due to this guy being part of PS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Sports

Or maybe for all we know Premier Sports wants to join the XL Package but with it owners being part of Setanta Sports UK Virgin wants viewers to pay extra if they want this channel.

But as far as I know ''Talks are ongoing''.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:54   #222
Chad
cf.mega poster

Looks like Current TV will definitely stop broadcasting:

http://current.com/news-and-politics...e-in-march.htm
Old 11-01-2012, 12:59   #223
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Old 11-01-2012, 13:19   #224
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Ongoing spat reported a while back
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...redirect=false
Old 11-01-2012, 13:45   #225
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Will be a shame if they do go as they had some good programs.
Closed Thread