Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 25-07-2011, 22:09   #1561
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Another epic fail
Why. Where have Virgin previous stated catagorically that it would be rolled out on the 29th of July

Or as I suspect, are you taking a date that's been rumoured to have been launched, then 'epic failing' Virgin based on a date they never themselves said?
Old 25-07-2011, 22:22   #1562
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

This is a typical answer from VM, I think that if the red button is not operational by the Charity shield then it won't be ready, as this is the start of the football season.

IS it on in Scottish football ?.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 03:02   #1563
ash88uk
Inactive

ash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enough

Who is actually developing the software for it to work on Virgin Media box's?

Well, on VM's website it clearly states it will work for all 2011-2012 Premiership matches, we will see, almost only 2 weeks to find out before the big football kick-off. Atleast I can wait till then to see if it works because the Champion's League don't start for a few more weeks after, plenty of time to get a Sky engineer round
ash88uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 07:21   #1564
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Well that was a bombshell. I would not like to be working in retentions this week.
Well they have had a year and a half to develop the red button so basically there are no excuses full stop.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 09:08   #1565
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash88uk View Post
Who is actually developing the software for it to work on Virgin Media box's?
Sky are. It's standard for channel-related applications to be developed by the channel provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well they have had a year and a half to develop the red button so basically there are no excuses full stop.
Are you still using that faulty calendar, denphone? It's just over a year since the agreement was signed, then there was a fairly lengthy system design phase. So just a few months for development.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 09:53   #1566
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Why. Where have Virgin previous stated catagorically that it would be rolled out on the 29th of July

Or as I suspect, are you taking a date that's been rumoured to have been launched, then 'epic failing' Virgin based on a date they never themselves said?
That is a major problem with VM we never get any proper communication about anything coming soon. We have to rely on vague promisses and snippets of information on forums like these.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 10:46   #1567
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Communication is certainly one of Virgin's main faults.
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 16:01   #1568
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

I would imagine Tivo will have Skysports red button services soon. Apparently the Tivo is a lot more advanced than the Sky+HD BOX.

The Sky+HD handles the red button service flawlessly and with the Tivo being so advanced I will think its hilarious if it can't handle SS Red button before the premiership starts.

Infact it will make my day if on the first day of premier league Tivo doesn't have red button loloooLMAOlololololol...

God I hope this comes true lolololololol...latest technology my MOD EDIT

This is a family forum.We do not allow swearing and do have a swear filter.We also don't like people trying to get around the swear filter by starring out letters.Please don't swear again.

New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 16:06   #1569
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
I would imagine Tivo will have Skysports red button services soon. Apparently the Tivo is a lot more advanced than the Sky+HD BOX.

The Sky+HD handles the red button service flawlessly and with the Tivo being so advanced I will think its hilarious if it can't handle SS Red button before the premiership starts.

Infact it will make my day if on the first day of premier league Tivo doesn't have red button loloooLMAOlololololol...

God I hope this comes true lolololololol...latest technology my MOD EDIT
Can you please explain the point of your post please.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 16:15   #1570
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

I'm not expecting the sky sports red button, on TiVo, for the start of the premier league:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1068.html

It will be a pleasant surprise if it is, however.

Regards

John
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 17:06   #1571
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

A reminder to all about swearing. which is frowned on at CF.
Old 26-07-2011, 17:59   #1572
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Sky are. It's standard for channel-related applications to be developed by the channel provider.

Incorrect.

Sky provide the content and and Virginmedia with there "closed" network insist they must provide the portal/application to access the content.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 22:08   #1573
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

This is a copy of a posting on the 2nd June 2004 by a long-time and fairly niave member of CF ie nothing much has changed / happened in over 7 years :-(

Re: Interactive and the Red Button
Yes

If I had my way *ALL* channels should be made by Law to have a red Spot or Dot so that when we all press it and it doesn't give us the Enhanced Service which we in effect pay for - eg Sky News and Sky Sports etc - we will all COMPLAIN LOUDLY that we are getting short changed ( which we most certainly are! ) and demand of NTL/SKY we get ALL we actually pay for . . . .

Where is the harm in Sky giving us what we pay for ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

If they don't want to give us the Full Enhanced News and Sports Interactive why don'nt we get a discount til they do ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

A Very Confused Ramjet
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 22:22   #1574
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Incorrect.

Sky provide the content and and Virginmedia with there "closed" network insist they must provide the portal/application to access the content.
I would trust Spiderplant's comments over yours any day of the week.

If he says Sky are developing the interface then they are
Old 28-07-2011, 22:27   #1575
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Incorrect.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote