Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTHW has a lottery winner!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Nokia 3510i

Old 25-06-2003, 14:05   #1
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Nokia 3510i

Is there any difference in the total amount of memory available on a Nokia 3510i between networks?

The reason for asking 2 work colleagues have this phone one of them is on o2 and the other on T-Mobile.

My colleague who is on the T-mobile seems to have less total memory than the other who is on o2.

They are both on pay as you go tariffs on their respective networks.
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2003, 14:28   #2
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
I do know that different networks allow you to store different amounts on the sim card.

eg. My old Orange sim card could only hold 90 phone numbers & 10 text messages.
My new O2 sim card (same phone) can hold 150 phone numbers & 20 text messages.

Why they do this I don't know, and both sim cards were on contract.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 19:54   #3
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22
gawd as if you need 150 peoples phone numbers or even know 150 people , if you do they probably all work at "rent-a-mate"
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 20:58   #4
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Hey rent a mate sounds good do you have the number lol

I would have thought it is all down to what sim card they give you
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 21:27   #5
poolking
Inactive

poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Guys could we get this back on topic and actually have someone answer my question.
Old 27-06-2003, 21:43   #6
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Think you were given it.
I'm guessing that the different networks have different deals on their sims.
One might have got a better deal, so gives a sim with extra features.
Also, the new phones use a different voltage to the old ones, so it could be that the 3510i can handle both, and one network gives a new sim, while the other gives an old sim
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 22:04   #7
poolking
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by Xaccers
Think you were given it.
I'm guessing that the different networks have different deals on their sims.
One might have got a better deal, so gives a sim with extra features.
Also, the new phones use a different voltage to the old ones, so it could be that the 3510i can handle both, and one network gives a new sim, while the other gives an old sim
No this wasn't sim capacity, this was actual phone memory, not stuff stored on sim.

I don't think you can store the games and applications on a sim card?