Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 20-07-2007, 09:29   #1456
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
re: Rate the last movie you saw

i watched the fantastic 4 (silver surfer)

Now why oh why do most super hero films suck. Special effects do not make a film, naff jokes and a naked lady do not make a film. F4 silver surfer is almost as bad as the original original fantastic 4 (the one that never got a release but u can get it if u look hard enough) I feel that Fantastic 4 should be relegated to the naff section of superhero films along with any Xmen + Hulk + dredevil + electra film all a disapointment all filmed in exactly the same way and all of them lacking the very basics of a Good film. Its almost like watching a film by Roland Emmerich but at least he can be witty sometimes.
2/10 and thats JUST for the idea that Alba was naked...

I also had the pleasure to watch The Philidelphia Story (No not the tom hanks film) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032904/
The Philidelphia Story has some big names staring in it but as i didnt grow up watching them it didnt make me think "ohhh this must be good" - Anyway after watching the philidelphia story i gotta say that Grant, Stewart and Hepburn are masters. The story was fantastic (originally a play) and the filming/music was superb the only bad thing was i didnt understand why stewart feel in love with herpburn so quickly.
anyway 10/10

To continue my new found love for westerns i dug up Pale rider / unforgiven / the outlaw josey wales. I shall be watching them next.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2007, 22:39   #1457
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Next up is Transformers............

well this happens a lot, its a useless script, naff plot, and semi ok acting.
But Michael Bay does it again for me, i just love his films. Just like don simpson movies i think they are rubbish but i just enjoy them.

Best bit about transformers "ONE SHALL STAND, ONE SHALL FALL" they could of carried on the line a little more but you cant have it all.

Anyway by no means a good film but oh yes i almost cried at the end and i did a little WOOP.

It just the long list of crap but excellent films that you have to watch with your brain turned off.
8/10

Could of been a 10 IF! they used original models + had more megatron + prime fights +
Spoiler: 
didnt actually go round killing transformers i dont like seeing them dead.

I can only hope that with the second film they actually think about what to do and not showcase what $200 million buys you at ILM
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 00:22   #1458
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb BB
Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

Resident Evil, Apocolypse. Quite a good film, not quite as good as the first, but still very much worth watching. 8/10
Sirpingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:14   #1459
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Transformers - 9/10

Absolutely incredible film, best GCI I have ever seen. OK the plot was a bit weak but who cares when you've got tanks, planes, jeeps, cars, CD players that can turn in to robots?

Excellent little dig at Indian callcentres too

Could have had a few more robots (there were only about 10) and I've got a feeling the sequel will be rubbish but definately worth the money.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:20   #1460
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Just back from seeing Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix, great film 9/10
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:27   #1461
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

Gonna see Harry Potter later on (tommorow). From what I've heard it seems good.
Old 22-07-2007, 23:32   #1462
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

So it's not the last film you saw then

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 00:34   #1463
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Bubba Ho-tep

I'd give it about an 8/10. It's quite funny and like there's only 1 bit that makes you jump.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 06:53   #1464
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Transformers - 9/10

Absolutely incredible film, best GCI I have ever seen. OK the plot was a bit weak but who cares when you've got tanks, planes, jeeps, cars, CD players that can turn in to robots?

Excellent little dig at Indian callcentres too

Could have had a few more robots (there were only about 10) and I've got a feeling the sequel will be rubbish but definately worth the money.
Agree.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 11:15   #1465
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Transformers - 9/10

The must see film of the year. Finally getting to see giant robots fighting and blowing stuff up. Also the cast were brilliant.

Hairspray - 8/10

Saw this at the weekend. Totally different to the original as this is based on the broadway musical. It works a lot better and is a lot more enjoyable to watch. The cast were great, John Travolta was superb as was Chris Walken.
Old 23-07-2007, 14:42   #1466
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Transformers 10/10.
The best film I have seen in ages, Its the first time ive left the cinema in a long time without feeling totally disapointed.
The CGI was great, The story could have been a lot worse and the nostalgia was damn right overwhelming, I couldnt help myself pointing out to my girlfriend the VW beetle and its relevence to bumblebee in the scene in the car lot (She now thinks/knows im sad ).
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 01:49   #1467
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Transformers

Giant robots fighting other giant robots, plus lots of explosions. What more could you want?

9/10

Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

8/10

Good, but I think it missed out a bit too much of the book.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 09:03   #1468
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 6/10

Very thin on main plot elements and poorly strung together as a result.
Action scenes in the second half were very good though so redeemed things somewhat.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 15:06   #1469
Sirpingalot
Inactive

The Hills have Eyes. Hmm..Was ok, not the thickest plot but put together in a somewhat traditional way..very similar to Wolf Creek IMO. 7/10
Old 24-07-2007, 20:17   #1470
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Hot Fuzz, I enjoyed it but thought it would be a bit funnier 7/10
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote