Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:43   #121
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Sounds like it which is great, proves that VM are listening to their customers after all.
Correct and so they should.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49   #122
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

DF Thanks so much for this info.

I'm sure I speak for 99% of people on here that this is very welcome news indeed.
The £3 discount to VIP50 is a welcome addition. Not quite the major change in VIP bundle I was expecting but it is a start.
I would like to think our emails to the CEO have kind of worked but it does seem they may have listened to some of our points.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:55   #123
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Apologies if this has already been posted

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/market...v-meets-web.do
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56   #124
spj20016
cf.addict

Services: Virgin media VIP
spj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nice

This is excellent news, I wasn't worried about the monthly charge or the £149 upfront, I just felt the installation fee was not fair. But like others have said why didn't they just announce this info in the email. I hope people that had a go at DF are going to or have apologised.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57   #125
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3939...vo-bbc-iplayer
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57   #126
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

"Virgin's TiVo has other benefits: You can go back in time and watch anything that aired in the past seven days without having recorded it"

Hmmm, not quite true is it.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11   #127
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Two odd things about this:

1. They mention Skype as an app? Where's the mic?
  2. They talk about multiple profiles, that's not even been rolled out in the states yet?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22   #128
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

2. They talk about multiple profiles, that's not even been rolled out in the states yet?
Maybe TIVO are looking to pioneer it with VM , just a guess, and maybe a Mic will become a VM TIVO accessory again just a guess. I think bravia internet TV have Skype , if not here they defo do in the USA.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:29   #129
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:

From a punters point of view I think this is the problem with Tivo, journo's and dare I say it some punters seem to be making wild assumptions about the kit, it's actual capabilities and it's potential.

As staff on here have said VM will be providing clear training which will be of great use, to be honest I still don't fully understand what it can and cant do.

Great news they are canning the £40 installation in April though, very wise. I assume that means for orders placed in April, not that you actually have to have it installed in April as who knows what install date you will get.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:32   #130
jpa
Inactive

jpa is an unknown quantity at this point

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just phoned up the Tivo team and it can be ordered from the 18th april not the 11th !!!! and (wait for it) they also reckon that VIP 50 customers STILL pay the £40 install price!!!! WHAT is going on????????????
The lady even checked and said it was definitely the 18th and £40 install!!!!
Do the tivo team not know about there own deals???

Old 05-04-2011, 10:36   #131
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just phoned up the Tivo team and it can be ordered from the 18th april not the 11th !!!! and (wait for it) they also reckon that VIP 50 customers STILL pay the £40 install price!!!! WHAT is going on????????????

Why are you calling BEFORE it's released????

Wait for your e-mail as Customer Care/Sales can't do anything yet.

DO NOT CALL - anyone.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:39   #132
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:

They said they would be getting in contact the week starting 11th not on the 11th. Also when do CS know anything before it's happened?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:39   #133
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
ok, quick update guys.....

some of you will get an email to book online and some will be directed to a special pre-sales orderline, this is because some of you have complicated billing arrangements!

Install is free in April, so you are getting that knocked off.

VIP's (50 & 100 only)are getting the TiVo monthly charge waived. It will appear on the bill, but you will get a bigger discount to cover.

now stop moaning!!!!!

There is also more deals around additonal outlets, but you'll need to speak to sales or see this in the ordering process online
Well done DF
One very happy Bunny here - It wasn't the cost but the principle.
Anyway you always were my favourite poster

Now what to spend the £ 40 on..................................
Old 05-04-2011, 10:40   #134
Rjs37
Inactive

Rjs37 is an unknown quantity at this point

jpa it's probably just not gotten through the system grapevine yet. As long as they know what the price should be when it's time for ordering then I'll be happy lol.

The wavering of the install fee is a good move and that's probably enough to encourage me to get it. I presume that means we just need to order in April rather than get it installed in April? (taking demand into account)

It's a bit of a shame the £3 discount doesn't also apply to VIP 20/30. Don't really see why considering VIP 50 already get the Sky HD premium for free on a box.

Though if I lose the V+ charge for my second box (when I replace it with Tivo) then it'll work out as a £7 discount anyway so I'd be more than happy with that. Is this confirmed? Would seem a bit odd to effectively get a £7 discount for changing to a better box but the V+ charge is £10 so don't see how else they'd arrange that. Otherwise I'd be getting charged £13 for the Tivo box.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41   #135
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Think I'd rather believe DF
Closed Thread