Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 21:30   #301
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHoyle View Post
It's not that bad.. certainly no worse than V+ or Sky. Normally if something goes wrong it's the first run dates (and that apparently happens in the US too when shows are run first over here).

In 10 years they've never sorted out 'Click' though... The merkins just can't understand a programme that's repeated 8 times a week... (I suspect the BBC are sending them duff data too).
Consistency can be an issue too, but it's much much better than V+, I have so many duplicate series links on that now. Hope Virgin can lean on Tribune to improve a little.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 21:40   #302
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If TIVO recommended it , I'd be smashing the thumbs down button LOL
DF's news: 100 thumbs up.
BB news: 100 thumbs down. A waste of precious bandwidth
Old 05-04-2011, 21:46   #303
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

I have had enough of TiVO already. My brain is mashed with it and I dont have one yet

Nothing is going my way at all.

Did not win the raffle
Only on XL so cant get the offer discount of the install in April
Had no email since they said I didnt win te raffle even though they said I would get an email
Old 05-04-2011, 21:46   #304
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

What a difference a few days make in the life of Df,People wanted to crucify him after the deangate(lol) saga.Now he`s a god after this annoucement.
Bet you feel loved again matey !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 22:06   #305
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I was thinking it was a shoe fetish channel lol

ooops! we are off topic here
Perhaps to a more exciting topic

Thanks DF, I think that this forum has hopefully played a small part in getting the install fee waived, that will probably do it for me, so I will try and get a TiVo and 30Mb deal in one .. but I will wait until............

After April 11th, 12th or whenever I get the email the next email ( I have already had the Dean email, the not Dean email and a Cindy Rose email. I promise won't phone before then
Old 05-04-2011, 22:26   #306
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmic1988 View Post
Hope they improve their EPG data soon, worried I'm going to miss half my shows from what I've been hearing, lol.

Does anyone know if it's Tribune getting it wrong, or the TiVo?
Tribune supply the EPG data.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
From what's been discussed, am I right in thinking this email coming in the week starting the 11th of April, will have a link to order online, and an option to ring CS to order?

Will it be general CS or a sub-team with knowledge of the Tivo pricing and options, such as multi-room etc.?
Everyone gets an email for pre reg's on 11th(ish)... it will either invite you to order online or a special sales line to order.. if you have extra requirements then you will be able to ring the sales team too.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathG View Post
Sorry if this has been anwsered before. I did not pre-register for TiVo
Will existing customers that did not register be able to order TiVo in April.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Yes, but after the pre reg's order, so probably a week later I think.
Old 05-04-2011, 22:33   #307
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Sorry I need confirmation on one thing, still not completely decided as a no yet.

Question at the moment on TiVo you cannot get on demand sky box office events?

Old 05-04-2011, 22:36   #308
richardc1983
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo XL & V+, 30MB Cable Broadband & Phone
richardc1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
indeed

I think you would be able to do it on the same order. The £3 included for VIP50/100 will be ongoing so not just for sign-ups in April (after 11th)
Thanks Digital Fanatic, very useful.

What is VIP50/100? Sorry its been a year or so since I have been with VM for my main tv service. Does it mean 50 or 100mb internet?

I am wanting to go back for 50mb internet and XL TV in both rooms (tivo for the lounge and the V+HD being relegated to the bedroom).

Much happier with the price if can have the install and £3 a month charge waived. I wont be paying for the sky channels as still find them very expensive but either way VM have kept me from resigning up with sky.
Old 05-04-2011, 22:42   #309
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

VIP is VMs Very Impressive Package. Basically everything that they offer, with the number at the end dictating BB speed.
Old 05-04-2011, 22:49   #310
richardc1983
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo XL & V+, 30MB Cable Broadband & Phone
richardc1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
VIP is VMs Very Impressive Package. Basically everything that they offer, with the number at the end dictating BB speed.
Oh ok, does that include movie channels? I wouldnt want these anyway as dont watch sky movies, got rid of them on sky now.

I have just given 31 days notice to sky though as I am deffo getting tivo for my front room
Old 05-04-2011, 22:53   #311
Ianmez78
Inactive

Services: VM VIP Pack 2nd TIVO & MUTV
Ianmez78 is on a distinguished roadIanmez78 is on a distinguished road

Hi if you are triple XL package with all sky premium channels and an extra box or VIP30
not sure about packge details completely would it be worth upgrading to VIP50 to get the tivo fee waved thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 23:02   #312
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
ok, quick update guys.....

some of you will get an email to book online and some will be directed to a special pre-sales orderline, this is because some of you have complicated billing arrangements!

Install is free in April, so you are getting that knocked off.

VIP's (50 & 100 only)are getting the TiVo monthly charge waived. It will appear on the bill, but you will get a bigger discount to cover.

now stop moaning!!!!!

There is also more deals around additonal outlets, but you'll need to speak to sales or see this in the ordering process online
And.....just like that:

Snaps fingers

Were all

What will tomorrow bring? ? ? ? ?

Can't wait to see this thread explode on Monday-ish, feeling sorry for the server already, MUHAHAHAHAAHA!
Old 05-04-2011, 23:24   #313
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Everyone gets an email for pre reg's on 11th(ish)... it will either invite you to order online or a special sales line to order.. if you have extra requirements then you will be able to ring the sales team too.
Thanks DF.
Old 05-04-2011, 23:28   #314
G4DDS
Inactive

G4DDS is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonder if someone could help me with this?

At the moment I'm on VIP20 paying £98.54 broken down as follows:

Your main services £69.04
Telephone Line Rental £12.99
Talk Internationall £1.75
Talk Unlimited £8.00
Talk Mobile £1.75
T V Size: X L £26.00
1 Additional V Box £15.00
V+ HD Box £10.00
Add Set Box(es) Discount -£8.50
Phone,T V & B B Saving -£34.95
Broadband XL(20) £37.00

Your premium TV channels £29.50
Skymovie 2,SkyMovie 1,Sports 1, Sports 2 £29.50

So if I were to have the V Box replaced with TiVo then would I be right in saying that I would be charged an extra £3 bringing the total upto £101.54?

Would I also be right in saying that VIP50 is only £100.55 so by upgrading to VIP50 I would get 50Mb broadband, Super hub and HD Sports/Movies Fee for one box and TiVo fee for £1 less?

This does not seem correct to me. How can I be on a lower package and end up paying more when I have TiVo than someone on a higher package? Can someone clarify.
Old 05-04-2011, 23:33   #315
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4DDS View Post
How can I be on a lower package and end up paying more when I have TiVo than someone on a higher package? Can someone clarify.
It's called giving you a reason to upgrade