Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 14:54   #211
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Thanks for the new update today DF that has made me consider it even more now the install fee has been waved for April. I do however have one question currently I have the following:

Line Rental £12.24

Talk Evening & Weekend £3.50

Phone, TV, Broadband Discount -£14.00

Calldispl £2.05

TV Size: L £12.75

V+ HD Box £5.00

Broadband Size: L £25.25

Sports1,Sports2 £22.50

For which I pay £69.29 (Prices before this months price rise), what sort of cost would i be looking at for TiVo as I would have to upgrade to XL Tv, would the VM staff have special deals for those upgrading?
Bundles isn't really my area, but Customer Care should have all the latest offers to hand when calling, once launched.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 14:57   #212
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Fair play DF! As one of your regular moaners I say "Well Done"!
Well done DF and l am not one of the moaners as l look at things from a independent point of view.
Old 05-04-2011, 14:58   #213
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Says half price for 6 months if upgrading tv

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...er-offers.html
Where?
Old 05-04-2011, 15:00   #214
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Could it be the cache on my iPod touch its in the middle of the page.
Old 05-04-2011, 15:01   #215
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Ah I see it. That shouldn't be there anymore, as I'm pretty sure that offer finished last month. The link behind it isn't there

Raised it into the web team to get fixed. Thanks for pointing it out
Old 05-04-2011, 15:03   #216
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Could it be the cache on my iPod touch its in the middle of the page.
I see it:

Quote:
6 months half price when you upgrade TV

Upgrade to more channels and get the first 6 months half price.
The link then resolves to a none existent page:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...e-your-tv.html
Old 05-04-2011, 15:04   #217
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I was making funnies in the small print.... Shhhh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Ah I see it. That shouldn't be there anymore, as I'm pretty sure that offer finished last month. The link behind it isn't there

Raised it into the web team to get fixed. Thanks for pointing it out
No probs you had me doubting myself LOL
Old 05-04-2011, 15:13   #218
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Bundles isn't really my area, but Customer Care should have all the latest offers to hand when calling, once launched.
Thanks DF.
Old 05-04-2011, 15:18   #219
duklaprague
Inactive

duklaprague is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Why are you calling BEFORE it's released????
I rang up yesterday, because I pre-registered in November, and had last been told I'd hear from Virgin before the end of March about arranging an install ahead of general release.

Which, given how much its been dragging on, didn't seem that unreasonable.

Was told I should hear by the 11th before it goes on general release on the 18th.

I actually rang again today to get a quote for ordering a second phone line, and told the guy I'd wait and order it at the same time as Tivo. He said I could order Tivo today, but then came back and said I couldn't until the 11th.

So it does all seem a bit confused regarding the whole 'pre-register and get it before it becomes generally available' thing.
Old 05-04-2011, 15:20   #220
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by duklaprague View Post

So it does all seem a bit confused regarding the whole 'pre-register and get it before it becomes generally available' thing.
As stated by a few members on here all pre-regs will receive a e-mail from the week commencing the 11th, so before it goes on general sale?
Old 05-04-2011, 15:41   #221
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I rang up yesterday, because I pre-registered in November, and had last been told I'd hear from Virgin before the end of March about arranging an install ahead of general release.

Which, given how much its been dragging on, didn't seem that unreasonable.

Was told I should hear by the 11th before it goes on general release on the 18th.

I actually rang again today to get a quote for ordering a second phone line, and told the guy I'd wait and order it at the same time as Tivo. He said I could order Tivo today, but then came back and said I couldn't until the 11th.

The email actually stated 'around the end of March' which is when VM started emailing customers advising there would soon be a further email detailing exactaly how to order TiVo before it went on general release.

Its not confusing at all but some people just can't wait of are misreading the dates that have been given. It also won't be the 11th but the week of the 11th April.
Old 05-04-2011, 15:48   #222
duklaprague
Inactive

:p

Either way, I still think that having heard nothing more by the end of March it was reasonable enough to ring for an update by the first week of April.

And it does still seem confusing, as people are being contacted before the 11th, which matches what I thought I was told yesterday - ie that people who had pre-registered would be contacted by the 11th.

But if you're now saying that it will be the week of the 11th, then who are Virgin contacting prior to that?
Old 05-04-2011, 15:52   #223
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
:p

Either way, I still think that having heard nothing more by the end of March it was reasonable enough to ring for an update by the first week of April.

And it does still seem confusing, as people are being contacted before the 11th, which matches what I thought I was told yesterday - ie that people who had pre-registered would be contacted by the 11th.

But if you're now saying that it will be the week of the 11th, then who are Virgin contacting prior to that?
Where did you hear people were being contacted? VM have been sending emails to all the pre reg customers since the end of last week but there are currently no calls going out arranging installs.
Old 05-04-2011, 15:57   #224
duklaprague
Inactive

Don't emails count as 'being contacted'?

I thought this wasn't confusing!
Old 05-04-2011, 16:03   #225
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Been away living my life and been told about the free install in April, pretty much enough to sway me I think, been too busy considering other things to worry about TV recently.

For the record can I state the following:
1. TiVo is awesome
2. There is very little about it that it is state of the art, ultimately it is an amalgam of S1 TiVo and V+.
3. The attitude of some users on this forum is utterly sickening, you know who you are, I've not had treatment like that in over 15 years on the internet!
Closed Thread