Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 13:53   #196
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertus View Post
Sorry just to clarify if I'm on VIP 50 then I will pay nothing to upgrade to this?
The monthly fee on VIP 50 is waived, but you still have to pay for the box.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 13:56   #197
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmac View Post
Rjs37 says : It's a bit of a shame the £3 discount doesn't also apply to VIP 20/30. Don't really see why considering VIP 50 already get the Sky HD premium for free on a box.

I have VIP50 and pay for my Sky HD premium and never heard of being able to get it free on a box, charge is £7.00 per box. sorry if I`ve not done this right (first post)
VIP50 is the best value package. It includes the Sky HD channels on one of your boxes. If you want to add the Sky HD channels to other boxes it will be £7 per box.

VIP50 is £100.55 with the Sky HD channels included, and for anyone with Tivo, the monthly cost of that is included as well. Very much a good deal if you are wanting all the services with Tivo as well.

One thing I am wondering though is, I have an extra V+ box as well as the VHD and Tivo box. I currently pay an extra £6.50 for this. If I was to upgrade to a Tivo box to replace the V+ would my extra charge go from £6.50 to £3 (for Tivo). If it will then I might replace my V+ to have 2 Tivos and the VHD.
Old 05-04-2011, 13:56   #198
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Excellent news about the free install - always should've been the case!

Looks like there are enough boxes, but are there enough engineers!! Those poor guys will be clocking up the mileage!
Old 05-04-2011, 14:00   #199
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmac View Post
Rjs37 says : It's a bit of a shame the £3 discount doesn't also apply to VIP 20/30. Don't really see why considering VIP 50 already get the Sky HD premium for free on a box.

I have VIP50 and pay for my Sky HD premium and never heard of being able to get it free on a box, charge is £7.00 per box. sorry if I`ve not done this right (first post)

You will still see the charge on your bill as this still has to be paid to Sky, but it will be refunded in the bundles discount for VIP50.
Old 05-04-2011, 14:01   #200
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The monthly fee on VIP 50 is waived, but you still have to pay for the box.
This, along with the premium HD channel fee being waived on one box makes VIP50 really good value at the moment imo.

I hope all this positive feedback is getting sent back to the powers that be & its not only the negatives that get fed back.

Well done VM
Old 05-04-2011, 14:02   #201
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
Excellent news about the free install - always should've been the case!

Looks like there are enough boxes, but are there enough engineers!! Those poor guys will be clocking up the mileage!
Also the overtime
Old 05-04-2011, 14:04   #202
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
This, along with the premium HD channel fee being waived on one box makes VIP50 really good value at the moment imo.

I hope all this positive feedback is getting sent back to the powers that be & its not only the negatives that get fed back.

Well done VM
yes it excellent value the vip50 just waiting for the 100MB BB to be in my area probably be getting that soon as it is
Old 05-04-2011, 14:05   #203
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers DF did not realise it was now included in my VIP50 bundle
Old 05-04-2011, 14:10   #204
LoveFibre
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV and M Telephone
LoveFibre is an unknown quantity at this point

I registered for Tivo, way back in December.

I received all of the mails, except the Dear Dean one onwards.

If I can prove I received all the previous mail will I be able to speak to Customer service about getting a April install?

Great news about the install fee, I am glad Virgin Media listen to their customers :-)

Is the pre-order launch date still the 11th April to call customer services?
Old 05-04-2011, 14:18   #205
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFibre View Post
I registered for Tivo, way back in December.

I received all of the mails, except the Dear Dean one onwards.

If I can prove I received all the previous mail will I be able to speak to Customer service about getting a April install?

Great news about the install fee, I am glad Virgin Media listen to their customers :-)

Is the pre-order launch date still the 11th April to call customer services?
If you pre registered you will not need call call CS. You will get an email with a link to book your install I think.
Old 05-04-2011, 14:29   #206
LoveFibre
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV and M Telephone
LoveFibre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If you pre registered you will not need call call CS. You will get an email with a link to book your install I think.
I hope so, but I have not had any communication from Virgin about the TIVO since pre-Dean.
Old 05-04-2011, 14:33   #207
kerio
Inactive

kerio is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Wonder if they have enough boxes and April installation dates?

A better question would be have they got enought people to support the new TiVo system.

I think not. I have had my VM TiVo box for over a month.
Two weeks ago I had a network problem and had no VOD options.
Engineer came out a few days later and diagnosed a network problem on thier system. Several phone calls from engineers did not resolve the problem.

Then I slowly lost my EPG and could not record anything. After many phone calls being passed a round to people who had no clue about TiVo I am now awaiting a third visit from an engineer later this week!

I can now only watch live TV with no EPG and have to enter the PG pin every time I change channel.

I will be asking for my V+ box back if it does not get fixed this time.
Old 05-04-2011, 14:51   #208
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Thanks for the new update today DF that has made me consider it even more now the install fee has been waved for April. I do however have one question currently I have the following:

Line Rental £12.24

Talk Evening & Weekend £3.50

Phone, TV, Broadband Discount -£14.00

Calldispl £2.05

TV Size: L £12.75

V+ HD Box £5.00

Broadband Size: L £25.25

Sports1,Sports2 £22.50

For which I pay £69.29 (Prices before this months price rise), what sort of cost would i be looking at for TiVo as I would have to upgrade to XL Tv, would the VM staff have special deals for those upgrading?
Old 05-04-2011, 14:54   #209
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Well it's a £12 difference between L and XL on the Tv

And TiVo is £3 rather than £5 for V+ HD

So it would be a £14 increase
Old 05-04-2011, 14:54   #210
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Says half price for 6 months if upgrading tv

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...er-offers.html
Closed Thread