Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19   #166
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Am getting hopeful now!
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20   #167
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnothing83 View Post
Is there a way I can be added to the mailing list at this stage? It seems to be an oversight that i'm not on there already as I did register. I emailed Virgin from the website helpform and they didnt know what I was talking about. Would seem unfair to miss out as I registered

Thanks
I honestly don't know for sure... you'll need to speak to Customer Care once the pre-sale launch is announced.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:22   #168
kingnothing83
Inactive

kingnothing83 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks DF - I guess it depends largely whether the pre-sale launch is redeemed with a unique code per customer or whether you simply have to go online to a specific landing page, or call a specific number. If its the later I should be fine
Old 05-04-2011, 12:24   #169
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Wonder if they have enough boxes and April installation dates?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30   #170
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I think you'd be directed to sales for that, rather than online.
Thanks DF.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34   #171
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Wonder if they have enough boxes and April installation dates?
Stephen and I have answered that query earlier on in this thread

You just need to place your order in April (once the launch email is sent!) so if you can't get a date until May, then you will ok.

We should have enough boxes too
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36   #172
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Great news DF, much better pricing. Day 1 for sure now!!

Great to see that VM do listen to our feedback. I'm sure they'll get alot more orders at this price!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38   #173
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjs37 View Post
Any word on whether we would lose our retention deals by signing up? Came up against that when I enquired about the 'free' upgrade to VIP30 from VIP20.
That is a very important point!

I would like an answer to that one also please!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:40   #174
Doug P
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Stephen and I have answered that query earlier on in this thread

You just need to place your order in April (once the launch email is sent!) so if you can't get a date until May, then you will ok.

We should have enough boxes too
Many thanks!!! 98% certain to try it now!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42   #175
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The thread seems to have become an ask DF thread :P lol
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44   #176
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
That is a very important point!

I would like an answer to that one also please!
I think anyone who is on a retention bundle will need to speak to Customer Care/Sales once launched, but I'm unaware of any restriction being placed on TiVo as such.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I know
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44   #177
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Nice change as before it was a crucify DF thread.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:51   #178
Meng
cf.member

Meng is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a quick question - to save me having to read through everything to get the answer ...

I've had my Tivo for about three or four weeks now having signed up as soon as I was aware of it (existing VM customer, S1 Tivo left connected to phone line for wishlists but still with Sky programme numbers) so does this make me a "VIP" or not? If so, what's the benefit? If not, should I give a damn??
Old 05-04-2011, 12:51   #179
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

VIP means the VIP bundle i.e. these http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles/...e-package.html
Old 05-04-2011, 12:52   #180
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You need to buy TiVo in April to get the free install, but your date for actual install could be in May.

Just no pleasing some people
BUT i didnt say i expect it for nowt NOW ... i was meaning further down the line when they have to give everyone a TiVo for nowt if they want to replace the V+ boxes

SO please stop jumping on my comments which you have done for weeks now , its bordering on harassment to have you always knock everything i write.
Closed Thread