Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2011, 20:54   #5431
benpire
Inactive

Services: Tivo 1TB Samsung V+ 100MB Talk Unltd. Movies+Sports+HD
benpire is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

im surprised im the only one who has said it...
seems weird to me.

one tuner can record one channel right..

why cant the software (because thats all it would be) record the padding of both programmes on both recording programes (back to back) on the same channel.
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2011, 20:57   #5432
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
How will they do this could they Scrap the £3 per month for Tivo ?

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/virgin-m...ood-800760492/
Would point out that all TV packages are generally now advertised including the TiVo fee, so for new TV customers there is no £3 a month as such
Old 18-10-2011, 21:00   #5433
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Would point out that all TV packages are generally now advertised including the TiVo fee, so for new TV customers there is no £3 a month as such
TV Xl with Tivo is £2.50 more than Sky's Entertainment extra pack. That surely won't last long
Old 18-10-2011, 21:07   #5434
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What about customers who have no interest in HD seems crazy to charge 27.50 a month and 49.95 for the box when their biggest competitor offers a free PVR for 25.00 a month.
Old 18-10-2011, 21:12   #5435
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What about customers who have no interest in HD seems crazy to charge 27.50 a month when their biggest competitor offers a PVR for 25.00 a month.
I agree.That surely won't last long. I wouldn't be suprised if something happens with the Tivo £3 per month fee in April 2012. The 500GB Tivo is free to new customers and Sky+HD box is £30 without the HD pack
Old 18-10-2011, 21:25   #5436
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What about customers who have no interest in HD seems crazy to charge 27.50 a month and 49.95 for the box when their biggest competitor offers a free PVR for 25.00 a month.
Last time I checked you could get TiVo for £9.50 a month

Oh look http://shop.virginmedia.com/digital-...ze-m-plus.html

Old 18-10-2011, 21:30   #5437
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

£23.40 But still cheaper than Sky and you get phone included
Old 18-10-2011, 21:31   #5438
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Exactly.
Old 18-10-2011, 21:32   #5439
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Or £15.50 without a phone line if we getting that pedantic
Old 18-10-2011, 21:36   #5440
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Or £15.50 without a phone line if we getting that pedantic
If we were being pedantic it would be £12.50 a month without a phone line Dosnt mention a £3 tivo charge anywhere
Old 18-10-2011, 21:38   #5441
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
If we were being pedantic it would be £12.50 a month without a phone line Dosnt mention a £3 tivo charge anywhere
No because when you go through to basket it select the V HD box, not TiVo. At that point you can add TiVo on where the £3 is mentioned
Old 18-10-2011, 21:42   #5442
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
No because when you go through to basket it select the V HD box, not TiVo. At that point you can add TiVo on where the £3 is mentioned
So is the £9.50 with phone line £26.40 then as well?
Old 18-10-2011, 21:59   #5443
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

I ordered my second TIVO box today for bedroom 500GB, not getting installed till the 6th December though. They must be selling well...
Old 18-10-2011, 22:03   #5444
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
I ordered my second TIVO box today for bedroom 500GB, not getting installed till the 6th December though. They must be selling well...
They are selling very well according to Neil Berkett
Quote:
By the end of July, around 50,000 of Virgin Media's 4.8 million cable customers had moved onto TiVo—which brings together video-on-demand, catch-up content, Internet-based applications and games—with the number continuing to climb, Mr. Berkett says. He declined to give specific figures ahead of the company's third-quarter results on Oct. 27.

"It's doing very well," he says. "The response has been better than good; I'm very, very pleased.
The level of advocacy for the product is something that I haven't experienced before, virtually in any role I've ever had. People who have it absolutely love it; it's a new way to watch television," Mr. Berkett adds, noting that more than a quarter of the viewing TiVo customers is done through searching and browsing TiVo's menu, rather than by scrolling through channels in the traditional way.

Mr. Berkett expects all of Virgin Media's cable customers to be on TiVo over the next four or five years, but he declines to give any short-term guidance. And over time, TiVo will be available to Virgin Media customers on their on PCs, iPhones, iPads and Android devices, he adds.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...987479026.html
Old 18-10-2011, 22:04   #5445
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
So is the £9.50 with phone line £26.40 then as well?
No because the £9.50 is including TiVo as it says on the page, whereas the £12.50 line makes no mention of TiVo