Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2011, 15:40   #5401
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era
Re: tycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The cost of install only - £49.95
Excellent, thanks Ben. It's been my long term plan, but I thought I'd wait for them to iron out the kinks and sort the red button stuff out. If multiroon is working with this update I'll glady splash out that to upgrade
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2011, 15:50   #5402
krazy
Inactive

Services: 200mb broadband, xl tv, m phone, tivo
krazy is on a distinguished roadkrazy is on a distinguished road
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

what exactly is the mult-room streaming?
Old 17-10-2011, 15:52   #5403
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
what exactly is the mult-room streaming?
If you have 2 TIVO's, you'll be able to watch the recordings on one box on the other TIVO.
Old 17-10-2011, 17:44   #5404
krazy
Inactive

Services: 200mb broadband, xl tv, m phone, tivo
krazy is on a distinguished roadkrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
If you have 2 TIVO's, you'll be able to watch the recordings on one box on the other TIVO.
oh sweet
Old 17-10-2011, 18:56   #5405
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryHintonBlu View Post
That's interesting! Well, I've definitely got the new software, and that's the YouTube app I've got with it. Maybe they've already withdrawn the new YouTube app? (I wouldn't object, given the concerns expressed about it here)
This person got the new Youtube App
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...pp/td-p/784753
Old 17-10-2011, 19:19   #5406
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
I can not comment as I have not got a Youtube account or the new software
Old 17-10-2011, 20:04   #5407
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I live in the pilot area and have the update and can confirm that my Youtube app hasn't been updated.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:44   #5408
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys if I'm a little confused on the update(s)

Are we still getting two updates this year?

1. before the end of October
2. by the end of the year

or is the one currently being rolled out the only one.

Many thanks
Old 18-10-2011, 11:51   #5409
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Sorry guys if I'm a little confused on the update(s)

Are we still getting two updates this year?

1. before the end of October
2. by the end of the year

or is the one currently being rolled out the only one.

Many thanks
As far as l know there is one larger update near Christmas and then several smaller ones thereafter.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:39   #5410
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
As far as l know there is one larger update near Christmas and then several smaller ones thereafter.
I sincerely hope not, could you imagine if there was a software glitch that wouldn't be fixed until the new year.

There would be carnage!
Old 18-10-2011, 13:25   #5411
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

BBC Red button is coming to Tivo for next update and are hoping Sky Sports will be added by the next update.
Quote:
@virginmedia you are lying. Read this http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...er/td-p/774391
Quote:
@buddieboy2011 However, this could get delayed if there is a problem. We know BBC red button is definitely planned for next update. KD
Quote:
@buddieboy2011 We've been working on the red button feature for Sky Sports on TiVo. We're hoping this should be added by the next update. KD
http://twitter.com/#!/buddieboy2011
Old 18-10-2011, 13:33   #5412
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Just to be clear they mean after the update that is currently in pilot
Old 18-10-2011, 13:37   #5413
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
BIG HINT free Tivo

Spoke to retentions yesterday.

Have got Tivo at no cost what so ever.

Yes I mean no £3.50 per month ( my bill is reduced from what it was [by £9])
No install charge
No set up charge

The big hint - from CS "have you seen ANY offers regarding tivo." You must tell them. It is not offered !!!!
Old 18-10-2011, 13:44   #5414
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Just to be clear they mean after the update that is currently in pilot
I know.

Ken said there was a update in october and he was right he also said there would be update in November. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post3108.html
I think there are the same update. I think November is when the Tivo update will be fully rolled out.
Old 18-10-2011, 13:51   #5415
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I know. Ken said there was a update in october and he was right he also said there would be update in November. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post3108.html

I think the update in November is when the Tivo update is fully rolled out
Yes, I know. Glad you've realised it's not two different updates