Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 21:52   #5221
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
You will need to wait and see and if not remind me

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Quote:
That is a surprise
what does this mean ?
Quote:
When going back in time on the channel guide the channel names will display on the right of the screen Q2 2011
http://virgintivo.blogspot.com/2011/...dias-tivo.html
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2011, 21:56   #5222
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
It is on about the the Time as it is normally shown when you scroll forward (to the left).

So this is about when you scroll back and the time is on the right hand side of the screen
Old 12-10-2011, 22:11   #5223
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...1#post53530160
Quote:
I'm told one other thing which everyone will be happy with and not listed is the channel changing and menu loading speeds - apparently it will be lightning fast.
Old 12-10-2011, 22:19   #5224
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiec21 View Post
Good news. The picture quality issue and lack of Red Button are the two main things that have stopped me upgrading to TiVo. Will follow the reactions of the userbase with interest and maybe get something in place by Christmas.
I think its important to note that the update adds support for future red button apps, and not those apps themselves.

So, getting the update doesn't mean you'll instantly get red button. That will follow later. VM previously said (on the Help & Support Forums) that the next update will be a depencacy for future functionality and by the looks of it, red button is it.
Old 12-10-2011, 22:20   #5225
m0j00
Inactive

m0j00 is on a distinguished roadm0j00 is on a distinguished road

lightning fast! I very much doubt it other wise it would have been mentioned.
Old 12-10-2011, 22:22   #5226
Jameseh

I don't think we will ever see BBC Red Button on TiVo, BBC seem to be phasing it out so I can't see the BBC funding team putting money into creating an app for the TiVo.

Old 12-10-2011, 22:25   #5227
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I don't think we will ever see BBC Red Button on TiVo, BBC seem to be phasing it out so I can't see the BBC funding team putting money into creating an app for the TiVo.
the BBC have said there looking to IPTV technology.
Old 12-10-2011, 22:25   #5228
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It is not the BBC that is paying for it
Old 12-10-2011, 22:29   #5229
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
or do they just mean your iPad will connect to your wireless router to control the device, which I assume you will have to connect to the router using Ethernet.
This

Would point out that even in the US for the TiVo Premiere (which the VM TiVo is based on) to enable Wireless they use a powered Wireless to Ethernet adapter
Old 12-10-2011, 22:33   #5230
Jameseh

Quote:
It is not the BBC that is paying for it
So Virgin have paid to make their own, BBC say no, pay us to make one? Seems a very anti-consumer way of doing it.

Old 12-10-2011, 22:33   #5231
jamiec21
cf.member

Services: V+ TV: XL and Sports HD; BB: L
jamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
I think its important to note that the update adds support for future red button apps, and not those apps themselves.

So, getting the update doesn't mean you'll instantly get red button. That will follow later. VM previously said (on the Help & Support Forums) that the next update will be a depencacy for future functionality and by the looks of it, red button is it.
My wallet will be staying firmly in my pocket then. Not even going to think of transferring to TiVo until you can receive every single channel you can get on the old V+ boxes.
Old 12-10-2011, 22:35   #5232
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
So Virgin have paid to make their own, BBC say no, pay us to make one? Seems a very anti-consumer way of doing it.
Yes it is that is why SKY do not have the I-Player
Old 12-10-2011, 22:38   #5233
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
BBC Red Button

Reduce the number of video streams available on satellite and cable from nine to one to provide a more consistent service across all TV platforms. This would take place towards the end of 2012, after the Olympic Games
Close the news multiscreen service
Develop new Internet Protocol Television services for connected TV sets, with access through the BBC Red Button
Go to Online Consultation then go to DELIVERING QUALITY FIRST: Public Consultation - Section 5: Digital and Distribution
http://www.lovethebbc.com/
Old 12-10-2011, 22:41   #5234
Jameseh

Why do the BBC have to pioneer these things? Let companies like Sky and ITV, ie. the ones we don't directly fund, spend the money on these ventures.

Old 12-10-2011, 22:44   #5235
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Couldn't agree more , the BBC Iplayer should be available on all platforms.
Closed Thread