Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 19:52   #4621
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But Neil Berkett says a lot and we are still waiting for quite a bit of it.
In an earnings call?
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2011, 20:02   #4622
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
In an earnings call?
Yes l always look at the earnings call but we are still waiting for a lot of it as its all very vague.
Old 05-08-2011, 20:03   #4623
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
In an earnings call?
Yes he was asking for money, That is what a earnings call is for isn't it
Old 05-08-2011, 21:36   #4624
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Yes he was asking for money, That is what a earnings call is for isn't it
Yes what I mean is he has to be careful what he says in an earnings call, he's talking to investors.
Old 06-08-2011, 13:47   #4625
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Who promised that? Or is it just another of those internet myths?
No, it was in the instruction manual, that I have two copies of (was given one on installation and then sent one in the post as well). It said "MultiTV - Coming late 2006" or something to that effect. There was a light on the box that said "MultiTV" (under the "DelayTV" and "LiveTV" lights) but obviously was never used. There was also a webpage but of course that's harder to get, as it would have disappeared from the servers a while ago.
Old 06-08-2011, 18:11   #4626
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Found this doing a quick search multi tv on tvdrive

Includes a link to a demo video.
Old 07-08-2011, 00:03   #4627
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
No, it was in the instruction manual, that I have two copies of (was given one on installation and then sent one in the post as well). It said "MultiTV - Coming late 2006" or something to that effect. There was a light on the box that said "MultiTV" (under the "DelayTV" and "LiveTV" lights) but obviously was never used. There was also a webpage but of course that's harder to get, as it would have disappeared from the servers a while ago.
I've had a poke about on www.archive.org. It has plenty of Telewest pages cached such as http://web.archive.org/web/200604280...rive/faqs.html. But the only reference I can find on the subject is where the PDF user guide is describing the lights. It says
"MultiTV: Multiple TVDrives connected (not available at launch)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
Found this doing a quick search multi tv on tvdrive

Includes a link to a demo video.
Yes, but that's a Scientific-Atlanta document. Their multiroom design was totally unsuitable for VM because (a) it worked over coax through the aerial output (difficult to install), (b) doesn't support HD, and (c) required SA boxes at the receiving end. So I'm amazed if Telewest really thought it would be viable.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31   #4628
Bofrok
cf.addict

Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, but that's a Scientific-Atlanta document. Their multiroom design was totally unsuitable for VM because (a) it worked over coax through the aerial output (difficult to install), (b) doesn't support HD, and (c) required SA boxes at the receiving end. So I'm amazed if Telewest really thought it would be viable.
Yes, I did realise that - I should have probably have said it might have been a 'standard' manual so got left in and gives the wrong impression about what's available or coming. But the "MultiTV - Coming late 2006" leaflet seems to disagree with that?

As you say seems to be too many options to make it viable.
Old 07-08-2011, 13:58   #4629
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
But the "MultiTV - Coming late 2006" leaflet seems to disagree with that?
However, I can find no evidence that that leaflet existed. If it did, you would think someone would mention it at the time either here or on DS, but there's nothing.

Also you'd think someone would pipe up in this thread. Especially note post #6. I don't know who swissle is, but they were clearly aware of the issues back then.
Old 07-08-2011, 17:24   #4630
Bofrok
cf.addict

Not to disbelieve him but I guess unless VirginMediaPhil can give us a scan of the manual cover we can't say for sure if it's standard issue or a Telewest one (Sorry I've been mixing leaflet and manual).

Interesting and that was 4 years ago. Wonder if swissle is still around possibly using a different name - swissle.co.uk is defunct (or on the Internet Archive).
Old 07-08-2011, 17:46   #4631
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

I have a copy of the manual and it does indeed mention multitv and it not being available at launch.

regards

john.

Spider, if you want a pdf copy pm me an email address.
Old 07-08-2011, 17:50   #4632
pythagoras
cf.addict

Here it is. I didn't realise we could attach pdf's
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tv_drive_userguide.pdf (1.22 MB, 52 views)
Old 07-08-2011, 18:27   #4633
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I can assure you that TiVo will be getting multi room. VM will be adding as many TiVo features as possible over time and making lots of improvements to the GUI.
Old 07-08-2011, 18:30   #4634
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I can assure you that TiVo will be getting multi room. VM will be adding as many TiVo features as possible over time and making lots of improvements to the GUI.
Thats great to hear.
Old 07-08-2011, 19:39   #4635
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Looking at that PDF reminds me of my student days and that god awful user interface. Who thought those 9 boxes were a good idea?

But it's good to hear that multi-room will be added
Closed Thread