Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2011, 09:26   #5356
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Somebody on vm help forums now reporting they have 15.2 in Kent.
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2011, 10:14   #5357
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoottwo View Post
How can you tell when you have had the upgrade?
The Express Series Link option when you press record is probably the most obvious one. But if you're not in the Cambridge or Crawley area, you don't have it. It will be several weeks before it goes elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Somebody on vm help forums now reporting they have 15.2 in Kent.
Tonbridge, Kent is connected to the Crawley headend.
Old 15-10-2011, 10:29   #5358
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Noiseboy over on Digital Spy has posted his findings on the new update, which I'm sure will be of interest to some of you: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...52&postcount=3
Old 15-10-2011, 10:31   #5359
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Ah! I did wonder. I could be in Tonbridge quicker than Bromley, how annoying!
Old 15-10-2011, 11:13   #5360
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I would hope that there is an option to set your own default as everyone has different preferences.

Personally I always set 1 min before and 2 mins after and I find this covers most of my recordings. I have actually got used to the series link procedure and like the flexibility as there are two shows I record that always fall outside my default so I changed them accordingly.

Looking forward to the update though, hopefully they have addressed a very basic annoyance for me. Does anyone know if the start and finish time for each show appears at the top of the main EPG when highlighted? It does on the mini guide but not on the main EPG. Its so annoying having to guess the start time when a show doesn't start either on the hour or half hour
I had that problem with the start and finish times.
Old 15-10-2011, 21:44   #5361
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Was the ITV red button on Tivo tonight ?
Old 15-10-2011, 22:23   #5362
Jameseh

Seems the TiVo update causes more problems than it solves.

Old 15-10-2011, 22:27   #5363
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Seems the TiVo update causes more problems than it solves.
What problems does it create?

Regards

John
Old 15-10-2011, 22:35   #5364
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Was the ITV red button on Tivo tonight ?
No.
Old 15-10-2011, 22:36   #5365
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
What problems does it create?

Regards

John
Based on that DS link it makes opening YouTube a game of russian roulette and (in my opinion) have made series links into a farse.

Other places have said upscaling is worse and others say its better so I'l have to see for myself first.

Old 15-10-2011, 23:00   #5366
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Based on that DS link it makes opening YouTube a game of russian roulette and (in my opinion) have made series links into a farse.

Other places have said upscaling is worse and others say its better so I'l have to see for myself first.
On series linking, I have been using 1 minute and four minutes for awhile and not had a single recording hiccup and so I'll be pleased when thats the default and I don't have to set it up for each series(try it and see for yourself). If that default does not work for you then the old way is just one extra button press away, hardly a farse. On Youtube I can't comment. I doubt upscaling would be worse, but again can't comment on that.

Regards

John
Old 16-10-2011, 12:13   #5367
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Does anybody know how many subscribers TiVo vm have at the moment? Also are people leaving V+ service in droves for TiVo, I am starting to weaken over to TiVo camp

Old 16-10-2011, 12:20   #5368
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Does anybody know how many subscribers TiVo vm have at the moment? Also are people leaving V+ service in droves for TiVo, I am starting to weaken over to TiVo camp
The last heard it was 75,000 It will be more now. We will find when Virgin Media Q3 results come out on October 27th
Old 16-10-2011, 12:42   #5369
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
The last heard it was 75,000 It will be more now. We will find when Virgin Media Q3 results come out on October 27th
Thanks for the info, will probably wait for the latest software update before making a decision on weather to get TiVo!

Old 16-10-2011, 12:47   #5370
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Thanks for the info, will probably wait for the latest software update before making a decision on weather to get TiVo!
The update will fully rolled out well before christmas
Closed Thread