Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 04-08-2017, 18:49   #3766
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion

Services: tv phone mobile broadband tivo and v+ hd box
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
Re: What have you just bought?

Just bought my youngest a underage driving lesson which he loves. This is a belated birthday present as I had promised him one but with everything going on it needed to be delayed so today he gave me a gentle reminder when he asked Mum when am I going to get my driving lesson that you promised for my birthday bless him his birthday was in May. I said he should of reminded sooner and he said Mum I did not want to come across as selfish.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:05   #3767
Osem
Expose lying hypocrites
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Just bought my youngest a underage driving lesson which he loves. This is a belated birthday present as I had promised him one but with everything going on it needed to be delayed so today he gave me a gentle reminder when he asked Mum when am I going to get my driving lesson that you promised for my birthday bless him his birthday was in May. I said he should of reminded sooner and he said Mum I did not want to come across as selfish.
Nice attitude that boy - it comes from good parenting.

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
Black & Decker DustBuster Pivot to replace the one we bought in 2009 and whose batteries were dead. Replacement battery pack £123, new DustBuster £79.99, no brainer!
I sometimes 2 power identical tools when I see them on a good deal because buying replacement batteries can be so expensive and having a reserve battery and charger is always handy.
Old 11-08-2017, 14:14   #3768
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Dyson V6 Top Dog portable vacuum cleaner - normally, £259.99, Aldi have them at £149.99.

Excellent for picking up all the hair shed by our Dalmatian, without having to get the big Dyson out.

If my post is in bold, it's a moderating decision - if not, it's not.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 14:36   #3769
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Some bits and bobs at a pound shop.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:40   #3770
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars

Two 550g packs of Piri piri half chicken for £2.69 each at Lidl this morning. Review in the paper said this was indistinguishable from Nando's at three times the price.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:29   #3771
denphone
Still alive and happy

denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Two 550g packs of Piri piri half chicken for £2.69 each at Lidl this morning. Review in the paper said this was indistinguishable from Nando's at three times the price.
We went into Aldi early this morning and it ain't too bad.
Old 12-08-2017, 13:10   #3772
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

We are lucky we have Aldi just across the street, it is a great shop
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 15:41   #3773
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion

weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze

Stan Smith black shoes that ticks all the boxes as it is what son wants, within the school guidelines for footwear so that makes weenie a very happy Mum as this really is a win win situation for everyone

Plus Adidas sent me a 15% off code for supplying a review on my last purchase
Old 12-08-2017, 16:43   #3774
denphone
Still alive and happy

A nice light summer jacket.
Old 12-08-2017, 23:24   #3775
Gary L
Permanently Barred
Frogger Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Apple Shoot Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Light Saber Champion, Moon Lander Champion

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We went into Aldi early this morning and it ain't too bad.
Yeh. the people in there are not too bad.

except the ones who keep comparing it to Tescos. they're just snobs

Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 16:02   #3776
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

This book was recommended to me.

Energy Vampires: How to Deal With Negative People by Jennifer O'Neill

Last edited by weenie; 19-08-2017 at 16:06.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 13:45   #3777
Uncle Peter
11/09/1683

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

A set of DR Lo-Riders (bass guitar strings)

I've a couple of days to play the crap out of them to get rid of that nasty, new string brightness.
Old 21-08-2017, 16:43   #3778
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Had to buy a freezer today. Mines just packed in
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:04   #3779
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star

sports mixture
Old Yesterday, 16:00   #3780
joglynne
Posting with Cattitude.

Services: Full House (XL), Vivid 200, Phone Talk Weekends
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

A new Cross pen. In red, I like red.