Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 26-02-2012, 16:36   #781
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Fibre is £20.00 for 40mb , as opposed to VM 30mb becoming 60mb at £18.50 , which will be the cheapest option will depend I suppose on your total bundle.
Thanks MM.
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2012, 17:09   #782
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just a little question howard you are saying its overpriced but yet you seem to have one so it cannot be that overpriced or else you wouldn't have one.
Only start paying £3. Next month had it 12 months for free,love my tivo but still dont know how they justify a £3 charge for epg
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 17:31   #783
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Only start paying £3. Next month had it 12 months for free,love my tivo but still dont know how they justify a £3 charge for epg
But you are paying £3 for many other functionalities here and in the future and not just for the EPG.
Old 26-02-2012, 18:19   #784
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Finally got my letter yesterday, going up by £3.50 amonth. £42 a year.

I'm not to bothered about the rise now, only hope for more HD channels this year.

I've got more things to worry about, with my VM letter came my car insurance renewal which has gone up £140 (with nothing changing in my circumstances) and my engergy supplier has increased my monthly direct debit by £20, even though Im still in credit.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 22:23   #785
TonyHoyle
Inactive

TonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about them

Finally got the letter. 15% increase.. £33 becomes £38. didn't expect it to be that much TBH

Sky are still more expensive (£40 for the equivalent deal) but only just...

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I've got more things to worry about, with my VM letter came my car insurance renewal which has gone up £140 (with nothing changing in my circumstances) and my engergy supplier has increased my monthly direct debit by £20, even though Im still in credit.
For the energy thing, they do that to me constantly.. you can normally drop it back down again on the website or worst case phone them up. Car insurance is cutthroat and if your existing insurer doesn't want your business there are plenty more out there.

Companies rely on passive consumers not caring enough to find the cheapest prices - insurance and energy are the worst of the lot. VM are saints by comparison!
TonyHoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 23:10   #786
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Since the price rise I'm been thinking about dropping down a package to negate the rise. It will be cold day in hell when I go to the dark side but I did check the prices.

I was shocked - to get a comparable package, Sky actually worked out slightly more expensive. Yes I know, more HD Channels but far, far inferior broadband.

So there you go - it is true, Sky for channels & HD and BB for VM!
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:12   #787
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
l think you only have to look at the last couple of years to see how much Virgin have improved their services and one expects significant inprovements to be forthcoming this year as well and yes true they could be a little quicker getting some of the non Sky HD channels but again remember that Sky get paid to put channels on their platform where Virgin have to do the opposite so l think you are being a tad harsh master in your criticism of Virgin.
I think they would add more channels, in 2011 the improved the STB, now they can improve the Content!

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
I agree with this posting

I think VM's obsession with superfast broadband may also be their undoing. I think it would be safe to say that for the vast majority of people a reliable 10Mb or 30Mb service would suffice for most needs.

i agree most customers 70 -80% take the 10mg bb
Im not interested in 100 -200 300mg BB 10mg is plenty for me

Virgin is investing all their money in broadband not tv most people would like to see more Channels better content more HD Channels

also the tivo £3 charge should have been scraped

Tivo,Hoping to get all customers on this great format.
What do they do up the price?£3 should have been dropped not increased,Total suicide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fast broadband is needed for all the Streaming from online!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:26   #788
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
I agree with this posting

I think VM's obsession with superfast broadband may also be their undoing. I think it would be safe to say that for the vast majority of people a reliable 10Mb or 30Mb service would suffice for most needs.

i agree most customers 70 -80% take the 10mg bb
Im not interested in 100 -200 300mg BB 10mg is plenty for me

Virgin is investing all their money in broadband not tv most people would like to see more Channels better content more HD Channels

also the tivo £3 charge should have been scraped

Tivo,Hoping to get all customers on this great format.
What do they do up the price?£3 should have been dropped not increased,Total suicide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
total agree matey,But unfortunetly vm clearly dont see it that way.I think they will be a time in the future(if can afford)where the majority will have sky for tv and vm for b/band and looking at recent developments i am starting to feel vm want it that way
Old 27-02-2012, 13:31   #789
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
and looking at recent developments i am starting to feel vm want it that way
Why on earth would Virgin Media go to the expense and effort of replacing their TV platform with TiVo if they'd rather everyone had Sky for TV?
Old 27-02-2012, 14:04   #790
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

All this tv price rises is getting ridiculous, although I wonder what sky will put theirs up to?

My current offer doesn't run out until july, this includes:

TV XL
PHONE XL
INTERNET L
TIVO 1TB
V+
O845 (5 POUNDS)
CALLER ID
LINE RENTAL

42 POUNDS GOING UP TO 46 WITH PRICE INCREASE.

Does this sound like a reasonable/ good deal?
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 14:09   #791
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
All this tv price rises is getting ridiculous, although I wonder what sky will put theirs up to?

TV XL
PHONE XL
INTERNET L
TIVO 1TB
V+
O845 (5 POUNDS)
CALLER ID
LINE RENTAL

To me it still looks like a very good deal.
Old 27-02-2012, 14:11   #792
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To me it still looks like a very good deal.
yeah, looking around at other suppliers nothing comes close, what does everyone else on here get?
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 14:50   #793
Picto
Inactive

Picto will become famous soon enoughPicto will become famous soon enoughPicto will become famous soon enough

Quote:

TV XL
PHONE XL
INTERNET L
TIVO 1TB
V+
O845 (5 POUNDS)
CALLER ID
LINE RENTAL

Well i'm getting absolutely robbed.

TIVO with TV XL
Internet M
Spare room has VHD box
No phone line at all.

Paying £54.50 just now rising to £57.50.

Surely that can't be right considering what the boy above is getting for a tenner cheaper? Anyone got a direct UK number for me to re-negotiate? (Been with virgin for year and a half if that makes a difference.)
Picto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 15:12   #794
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Why on earth would Virgin Media go to the expense and effort of replacing their TV platform with TiVo if they'd rather everyone had Sky for TV?
That is what confuses me,But upping the £3 charge to £5 is crazy surely it should go down not up and regarding hd channels there are still ones we are missing that sky dont own(itv`s,disney and especially universal)that we are still waiting for
Old 27-02-2012, 16:53   #795
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
yeah, looking around at other suppliers nothing comes close, what does everyone else on here get?
M Phone
XL BB
XL TV

1 TB TiVo
500GB TiVo
V+

£66.40

but called about about further discount due to price increase and got another £2 per month off, which will increase my total cost to

£67.90
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote