Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations?

Old 18-03-2017, 23:55   #16
jicms
cf.member

jicms is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Am I paying too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicms View Post
I would be grateful for some advice. I'm currently paying 77 a month for my package. I've just retired and cannot justify paying this much. My additional V box is hopeless.

There seem to be much better deals on offer. Should I change to another provider or request a good retention deal? This is my package:

Loyalty Pack B B/ Phone/TV B
Talk Weekends
Fully Itemised Billing
Full House TV (XL)
1 Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
SuperFibre 70
Bundle Charges total 58.51
Phone line rental total 19.00
Package total 77.51
Should I just cancel or try negotiating with retentions first? I don't know how to tackle it, either firmly stating what I want, just asking what reductions they can make or quoting examples of what others get. I did try some years ago and all they offered was downgrading features/removing the second box. I felt the operator was rather patronising with a take it or leave it attitude.
jicms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2017, 08:31   #17
nicknewark
cf.addict

Services: TiVo M, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV.
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations?

I would always try the friendly route, but that's me!.

I would call and explain that you feel it is too expensive and that you need to try and cut costs and see if they can offer you anything.

if you've been with them a long time they really won't want you to leave, give them a call and ask, select the option 'your thinking of leaving us'.

Hope you get on okay.
nicknewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 09:46   #18
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road
Re: Am I paying too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicms View Post
Should I just cancel or try negotiating with retentions first? I don't know how to tackle it, either firmly stating what I want, just asking what reductions they can make or quoting examples of what others get. I did try some years ago and all they offered was downgrading features/removing the second box. I felt the operator was rather patronising with a take it or leave it attitude.
Always friendly but giving notice seems to get the best deals as so have said above - as it moves you through to a different team who have access to the best deals (Putboubd - you cannot phone these people up, they phone you). Those you speak to through "thinking of leaving - option 1,1, 4, 5 on the menu system) can offer some deals but not the best, as their incentive is to offer you a little/package change to stay, while the next line team aim is to try to offer you enough to stop you leaving. Most people probably get something better than what they have now and accept the offer from the first team, this missing the best deals.

There are a lot of really good Sky deals at the moment through CarphineDixons to help negotiations - look on HotUKDeals under Audiovisual.

You are currently paying double what others seem to achieve for this mix.

Last edited by MrB; 19-03-2017 at 10:04. Reason: Add
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote